Disclaimer~~I own nothing and Joss owns everything and so on and so forth......

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~


Buffy and Spike were on her back pourch after the pool thing.

"Buffy are you sure you are okay?"when she looked in his eyes all she saw was concern and some thing else but she couldn't put a name to it exactaly.

"Yhea I'm fine, thank-you"

"No problem, I'm just going to leave you here i think you can get changed with out my help, that and I don't want to get you house even more wet with me in there which reminds me that I have to also go changeso I will see you later for that movie." And with that he tunred to walk away.

"Spike! For future refrences you babble when you'er nervous." And then she was inside and couldn't hear him stuttering to find the rights words or any words would have been good for him at this point.

~~**~~

The end credits rolled for Romeo and Juliet it was 9:30 at night and Spike had three pages of notes and information for his paper.

"Ok waht do you got for notes..." She took his notes and began to skim them through. "Damn Spike these are good notes now if we just skim the book and ya know check a make sure that it matches up this will be a good paper."

"No! I want nothing to do with that bleedin' book ever again."

With a roll of her eyes she said. "Ok you big baby I will check the notes it will take a little while so I dunno just hang out here." And with that she started looking up the notes.

~~**~~

At around midnight she finished revising his notes. She leaned back to yawn she found Spikes legs in her way she looked over at him and he was stretched out on the couch fast asleep.He had one arm over him stomack and one behind his head. With his hair trossled he looked very boyish in very hot and sexy sort of way. Then he started to make the weiredest noise from his throut, Spike was growling! and mummbling in his sleep. Then when she leand closer she could hear him he was growling and whimpering.

"Stay" He pleaded

"...Don't go....don't leave me again...can't lose you" Buffy was trying so hard not to laugh and then she registered waht he had said. Her heart broke for him and she knew she souldn't but she had to know so she laid down beside him and he whimpered.

"Don't go"

So she asked. "Who's leaving?" Another whimper

"Buffy...kitten" She wanted to cry because 'Kitten' was his nickname for her when they where little .He hadn't called her that for years.

"Why don't you want Kitten to leave?" Another whimper

"Because she doesn't know yet!"

"What's Kitten supposed to know?" At that Point he started to twitch and shake and mummbled something like 'I'am drowndin in you Summers'. Then he jolted awake to look into a pair of big green eyes that were all teary

"Buffy. Pet.Whats wrong?" They were both sitting on the couch now that he was awake she sniffed and then asked.

"What's Kitten supposed to know?"

"That I can't live with out her" So with that said and another sniff he wraped his arms around her and they both laid back down and fell asleep that way.


************************************************************************************************

The next morning Joyce couldn't help but think she was losing her little girl. Buffy and Spike were holding each other in such a way that even a blind person could see that they were in love with each other and if Spike was any thing like the little boy William she used to know she couldn't think of a better person to give her little girl to. Spike woke-up to the feeling of being watched
"Joyce what are you doing in my room?" She simply raised an eyebrow as he looked around from where he was " Okay I remember now, sorry we kind of fell asleep here doing homework....sorry."
"Spike, there is no need to apologize I understand .......Spike?"
"YA"
"You'll take care of my little girl won't you?" For a minute he was compleatly confused by this question then he realized that he was holding onto someone...Buffy. "Of course I will. I know what she went through.I won't hurt her. I couldn't. Even if she doesn't see it now."
"She will. Trust me. she will" With that said Joyce left them alone to go make breakfast.
*******
"I do you know" Buffy said after a few moments. She knew that Spike had been watching her. When they were little Jenny, Joyce, Spike, and her would go camping on those rare ocasions that Hank would leave on business. They would all share a tent and Spike would watch over her to keep her safe, because he was her hero he kept the bad things away. Espesialy in her dreams, the really bad dreams were Hank would come back thoses were the times when she would wake up in a cold sweat and Spike would rock her untill she could sleep again.

*Bloody 'ell she is so beautiful. I love 'er so much. Why can't I just stop bein' such a git and tell 'er already!?!?!* This is what Spike was thinking as he watched Buffy as she slept...or so he thought. He was so deep in he jumped and almost yelled as she suddenly spoke.

"Do wha' now, Pet?"
"That you wn't hurt me. That you'll take care of me. Forever? Isn't that what you always told me? Remember?"
He smirks and says "Ya Luv, somethin' like tha'" They laid there for a few more moments and then Spike had to go home to change and all that jazz.
*******
Spike walked into the kitchen an hour later and about the same time Buffy came in and breakfast was ready.
" 'Morning Joyce, Buffy. Mum said 'ello too. Whats to eat?"
"Good morning Spike. Well I guess that I will have to go visit sometime. And to eat is waffles and bacon." She busied herself with getting ready to leave.
"Arn't you going to have something to eat mom?"
"Oh no honey, I have to out of town for a few days. The gallary needs new artists and new pices so I have to go to New York for a convetion there. I will have to leave for the airport in about an hour."
"Oh, Ok then have fun mom." Buffy didn't really want her to go but at the same time her and Spike had finish his paper and it was coming along nicely.
"How long will you be gone Joyce?" He really like Joyce she had been like a second mum to him every since he had moved here. But he really wanted to be alone with Buffy not only did he need to get his paper done but he really liked Buffy and not just in the friend way. In fact he hadn't liked her like that since they were little
kids playing Hide and Seek.
"Oh about a week."
"So you should be back for gaduation mom?" Although Buffy wouldn't admit it she really wanted her mom to be there when she walked for graduation and to see her when she went to her Prom *IF I go to Prom that is.*
"I should be" Buffy bit back her smile but for Spike it didn't go unnoticed. *I will have to ask her about that latter*
"Come on Spike we should probably get working on that paper if we are going to finish it in time."
"Ya, hold on Pet and let me finish up putting these away."
"Okay"

TBC........................