Chapter 10- Count down to The Wedding



Three months later...



Buffy and William moved into Giles’ guest house at his insistence. William told his father that they’d only stay there until they found a place of their own. Giles understood, although he dearly wished they would stay and make a home with him, especially after coming so close to losing them as he had lost William's mother. Jenny had died in childbirth, and Giles had never remarried. He’d had relationships, but his heart still belonged to her.



Giles was certain that the baby was going to be a boy. He doted on Buffy at every moment, spoiling the baby even before it was born. William and Buffy didn’t mind. They were just happy to see Giles so cheerful and outgoing, a huge difference from his normally quiet and reserved manner..



Giles even had names picked out for the baby, but Buffy and William assured him that although THEY would be the ones to name their child, they’d choose a name that Giles would approve of.




**********

Willow, Tara and Anya whisked Buffy away for a bachelorette party, to a spa resort an hour away from Sunnydale. The girls didn’t even tell Buffy where they were going.



Buffy was excited and nervous, but she missed William. She knew that on Monday, they’d be married, but being apart from him right now was harder than it had ever been. However, she promised herself she wasn’t going to get weepy eyed, and that she was going to have fun with her friends and enjoy their wonderful gift.



As the girls were getting pedicures and manicures and laughing, they were talking about upcoming weddings of William and Buffy and Xander and Anya.



“Xander and I can't even decide on a date, even though the baby’ll be here anytime,” Anya said, picking out a pink nail color. “I’d like a fall wedding, but Xander and I will probably never marry.” she added, sighing deeply.



“Oh sure you will,” Willow reassured her friend. “Xander’s just a little slow on the uptake. You know...he's kind of stupid that way."



“Willow,” Tara chastised, playfully. “That’s our friend.”



“Well,” Buffy chimed in. “She has a point.”



Before anything more could be said, Tara changed the subject. “Do you know where you’re going on your honeymoon,” she asked Buffy.



“No, I have no idea. He wouldn’t tell me,” Buffy replied. “I think he’s got a big surprise for me though.”



“Oh?” Willow pressed. “What do you think it is?”



“I don’t know. I’ve tried to get him to tell me, but he’s not budging.”



“You think Xander knows?” Anya wondered.



“If William told Xander, do you really think Xander would have told you?” Buffy teased.



“Hey!” Anya protested. “I don’t have a big mouth.”



The girls giggled and waited till their nails were dry before going for their messages.



**********



Xander, Giles and William all spent the weekend at Giles’ country house. Xander hired a stripper named Candy, and she smelled like peppermint. About the only one that enjoyed her company was Xander. While Giles did have fun, he just wasn’t the type to watch strange girls take off their clothing to a bad musical accompaniment, and William was more interested in what Buffy was doing.



“Will,” Xander said as the stripper shook her tassels in his face. “You’re missing all the fun.” He stared up at the red haired beauty, grinning from ear to ear.



“Nah, I’m having fun, Xan,” William responded and took a sip of his scotch. The stripper moved seductively towards William. Taking off her silk scarf, she wrapped it around him and pulled him to his feet.



“Come on Will. Don't hurt her feelings...dance with the pretty lady,” Xander encouraged.



Giles rolled his eyes and tipped back a glass of scotch. He went over to the bar to pour himself another shot, when the stripper spotted him and danced her way over towards him.



“You’re not gonna get away that easily, Mr. Giles,” she purred seductively.



“Er...um...I...oh, bloody hell,” Giles said, blushing. She took the glass from him and set it down on a table. Pulling him into the center of the room, she tried to make him dance. Giles was so paralyzed with embarrassment that he couldn't move, causing Xander and William to nearly fall on the floor in hysterics.



**********



After the pedicure and the manicure, Buffy snuck off from her friends and went to her room to call William.



The number rang seven times before someone picked up. She could hear loud music in the background, and for a minute she thought she had dialed the wrong number. Until…



“HELLO?” William yelled over the loud music.



“William?” Buffy asked.



“IS THAT YOU BUFFY?”



“YES!”



“WAIT A MINUTE.” He went up to his old room, glad to get away from Xander for a while. “That’s better. Sorry about all the yellin’ love. How are things going?"



“Better, now that I get to talk to you,” she said flirtatiously. "I miss you soooo much. I hate the thought of not sleeping with you tonight."



“Yeah? Well...what are you wearing, pet?” he asked as he unbuttoned his fly.



“A robe and…nuttin honey,” she smiled, pulling the ties to her robe. “I love you.”



“I love you too, sweetheart.” William slid his hand into his pants and began stroking his erection, picturing Buffy lying naked on their bed. "I wish I could be with you right now, but since I can't...why don't you touch yourself and pretend that I'm there."



She did as he asked, caressing her breast at his urging, imaging William's talented hands were doing it instead.



“William," she gasped, tugging gently on one rose colored nipple. "Say something else."



“Go lower,” he purred. Just thinking about what she was doing was driving him wild as he stroked his hard shaft in a slow, up and down rhythm. "Down over your tummy...watch out for baby...now, down between your thighs. The place where you're all wet and juicy. Feel how hot you are? Now...slide one finger inside."



Buffy could hear William's breath hitching, and she knew exactly what he was doing. Dipping her finger into her wet heat, she began playing with her clit. Slow at first, and then fast, feeling herself coming closer to the end. "William," she moaned softly.



William was coming closer to his own release, but he wanted to time it just right with Buffy’s. He could hear that she was close, but he didn’t think he'd be able to wait much longer.



Buffy added another finger, working herself to a frenzy. Faster and faster, she moved, the imagine of William lying on top of her and pounding her into the bed making her even wetter.



“William," she groaned in a throaty voice. "I’m…I’m gonna…gonna…cum. I'm so...I...oh!...yes...AHHHH!"



“....Buffy...oh, god...baby...yes..cum with me...."



His hand moved faster and release washed over them both at the same time.



Buffy was the first to speak. “That was great, but I’d rather have you here," she said when her breathing returned to normal.



“I know, love. I feel the same way, but soon we'll be busting bed springs on our wedding night."



Buffy heard the key in the door, and her head swung towards in and she gasped in horror.



“Will, gotta go. Willow is coming and she'll see me naked."




“Lucky Willow," he said, with a pout she could almost hear.




“Ha ha. Love you, bye!” She flipped her cell phone shut, dropping it into the drawer of the nightstand beside the bed, then hopped off the bed and ran for the bathroom. She closed the door and turned on the shower just as Willow, Tara, and Anya walked into the room.



**********



William hung up the phone shut and re-buttoned his fly. The phone sex had been good, but it hardly compared to the real thing, and made him miss her more than ever.



With a plaintive sigh, he went back downstairs to rescue his bashful father.



**********




The three girls sat on the bed and waited for Buffy to come out of the bathroom.



When Willow called out, Buffy twisted the knobs and stepped into the shower.

Closing the curtain, she leaned against the wall and tried to compose herself. Aching for more, she resisted the temptation to continue her self gratification, determined that the next orgasm she would have would be with her brand new husband. She quickly brushed the thought out of her mind and finished up her shower.



Ten minutes went by before she stepped out of the bathroom in her robe, and with a towel around her head.



“Why'd you leave," Willow asked, turning off the TV. “I thought we had appointments for a massage."



“You three did," Buffy said. "I changed mine for tomorrow and had a mud wrap instead."





“So, what are we going to do tonight?” Anya asked.



Tara looked over at the clock and saw it was 8:30 “I think Willow and I are going to dinner, and then come back and go to bed. We’ll have our mud wraps tomorrow morning.”



Anya sighed. "Guess I'll call Xander, and see what he's doing," she said, picking up the phone and dialing Giles’ number.



“Personally, I’m going to order something yummy from room service, read a book, and then turn in early,” Buffy said. grabbing her book and stretching out

on the bed. Thinking about what she and William had just done, her cheeks turned a little pink.



After Tara and Willow left for dinner, Anya hung up the phone and looked at Buffy. “I think I’ll stay too. I’m tired. This baby needs to come out, and I mean NOW! I've had to pee a hundred times today. You just can't imagine," she said, then remembered that Buffy was pregnant too. "Oh...I guess maybe you can."



“It hasn’t been that bad so far,” Buffy informed her. “I do get strange cravings now and them.”



“Just wait. They’ll get even stranger and the peeing never stops." She made a face and jumped back to her feet, heading for the bathroom. "See what I mean?"



**********

They missed each other more than anything, but comforted themselves with the knowledge that they would soon be Mr. And Mrs. William Giles. Buffy hadn’t decided whether to hyphenate her new last name or just simply go by Buffy Giles. It didn’t matter to William, he just wanted to make their union legal, especially with the baby coming.



The first few days after he found out, he went on a shopping spree, buying a large supply of baby paraphernalia and gear for a little boy. Bats, gloves, balls; all things that an infant would have no use for. It didn’t matter, William wanted his son to have everything. It didn’t occur to him for a moment that the baby might very well be a little girl, as Buffy believed.



She did her fair share of spoiling the unborn baby, buying expensive girls clothing from specialty stores such as Gymboree and Little Miss Muffet.



Grandpa Giles had helped William acquire a big surprise for Buffy, but she wasn’t going to get it until after they were married. It took a long time to find the right present, but they managed it in time for the wedding.



It was hard for William to keep this privy to himself, in spite of the fact that their friends conspired to keep them apart until the wedding. William wanted badly to give her the surprise immediately, but was forced to wait.



**********

The wedding was small, just close friends and family. They had chosen to have the ceremony in the garden of Giles’ home, near where he and Jenny had been married nearly thirty years ago. William wanted to be close to his mother on this day. And it did feel as though she was there, close by and smiling on them.


Buffy was nervous. She waited in the house with Willow and Tara, pacing the floors.



Willow was Buffy’s maid of honor. She wore a wine colored dress, sleeveless, with a sweetheart neckline. "Buffy...relax," she instructed the bride. "Try and sit down and stay calm.



“I'm calm," Buffy insisted, sounding anything but as she sat down on the sofa.



“Here,” Willow said, handing Buffy a blue silk and lace handkerchief. "From me to you."



“Oh, my something blue.” Buffy smiled. “I love it. Thank you.” She tucked it inside her sleeve.




Tara sat down next to Willow and produced a small box. “Here’s both your something borrowed AND something old."



Buffy opened the box, gasping when she saw the diamond stud earrings inside, nestled on a bed of black velvet.

“Tara...they're beautiful.” Buffy said, feeling a little teary eyed. "I promise to be very careful with them." She clipped them on, and the stones caught the sunlight coming in the window, making them sparkle.



“Now, on to something new,” Anya said, entering the room. "Not exactly for you, but I think you'll like it." Anya wore a gray plain suit, designed to accommodate her swollen belly, which everyone seemed to want to touch these days.



Buffy unwrapped the package and pulled out a silver rattle for the baby.



“Thank you, Anya,” Buffy said, hugging her friend. "It's a perfect idea. Kind of makes me feel like the baby is part of the wedding."



“You're welcome. Now here's something for you AND William," Anya said, handing Buffy another box.



Buffy ripped the paper off, and opened the gift. "Wow!" she said, showing the others the filmy black negligee that the box contained.



The girls admired the garment, making a few mildly lewd comments over it's intended use.





"I love it, thank you," Buffy said, hugging Anya again. "And I can promise that William will love it, too."



**********



William waited...dressed in a black suit, white shirt, and navy blue silk tie...near the oak tree in the garden, anxiously anticipating the arrival of his bride. The chairs had been arranged so that there was a central aisle for her to walk down to where a white lattice arch had been placed.



He was actually becoming a little nervous. It was almost time, and he was longing to see Buffy. Xander, standing next to him, saw that his friend looked a little paler than normal.



“You okay ?” Xander asked, smiling.



William didn't seem to be paying attention. “Hmm? What?”



“Relax, Will. She’ll be here in few minutes and it’ll all be over before you know it.”



The words were small consolation for a nervous bridegroom. William's palms were sweaty and he wiped them on his pants just as the Wedding March began. He looked up, relieved that the wait was over.




**********



Buffy's dress was a simple cream colored satin gown. The princess gown was enhanced with heavy crystal beading throughout the top of the bodice and along the straps, and had an asymmetrical gathered wrap at the back.



Her hair was swept up into a loose 'Gibson Girl' style that let soft tendrils curl around her face. She wore no veil, only a circlet of white rosebuds complimented her honey brown tresses.



“Are you ready, my dear?” Giles asked, offering his arm to his soon to be daughter-in-law.



Buffy took a deep breath, smiled up at him. “Yes, but I’m nervous.”



“Ah, but that’s to be expected. This is one of the biggest things you’ll ever do in your life. You and William deserve to be together and I have faith you will stay together.” Giles leaned down and kissed her on the forehead.



“Okay, then...let's go." Buffy said, waiting for Willow to begin her walk.



When Willow was up there waiting, Buffy and Giles made their way down the aisle. Flashes were going off nonstop, but she kept her eyes on William.



When she joined him beneath the arch, he mouthed "I love you" to her, and she did the same.



“Who gives this woman to be married?” the minister asked.



“I do,” Giles said happily, then stepped back to take his seat.



William and Buffy interlaced hands



“William and Elizabeth have decided to say their own vows. William, would you please begin?"



“Buffy...through all the tears and struggles, I always knew in my heart that we would make it here. I promise to love and respect you forever as my wife, my lover, my friend, and my soul mate. All I am is yours.” William began to tear up. Buffy wiped them away with her thumb.

”William...you're the best thing that's ever happened to me. I was afraid that you were too good to be true...that maybe I didn't deserve someone so pure, and beautiful and loving as you are. But here we are, surrounded by the people I love the most, and I am so proud to be your wife. William, I was born to love you, and I always will.”



“If any one sees a reason these two should not be together, speak now or forever hold your peace," the minister intoned.



Buffy gasped. “Oh my god!”



“What?" William asked, concerned. "What is it?”



“The baby.”



“What’s the matter with the baby?”



“Nothing. It just kicked me."



“It did? Where?” She guided his hand to her lower abdomen, and the baby kicked again for it's father. William laughed, suprised and excited. "I think he approves."



The minister smiled. “Then I pronounce you Mr. And Mrs. William Giles. You may now kiss the bri…” The priest was cut off when William tipped Buffy backwards over his arm, kissing her passionately on the lips.



Everyone oooh’d and ahhh’d, then laughed and began to applaud.



William stood Buffy upright again. Her knees were a little wobbly, as William whispered into her ear, “You okay, pet?"



“I’m more than okay," she assured him, kissing him again. "I'm married!"



**********

“Where are we going?” Buffy asked coyly, smoothing the skirt of the pink suit she'd donned after the reception..



“Not far, love." He smiled mysteriously as he handed his bride into their car.



***********

As Buffy and William were driving away, Anya’s water suddenly broke.



She gasped out loud, and Xander grabbed her arm, steadying her.



“Anya? Honey, are you okay?"



“NO! I’M HAVING A BABY YOU IDIOT!”



"What?! You mean, now? You mean, here?" Xander babbled.



"Yes, I mean now! And, no...I am NOT having this baby until I'm in a nice, clean hospital. Now....go...get...the...CAR!!!"







***********



William pulled up to a house on Revello Drive, only a block away from their old place.



“What are we doing here?”



“You’ll see.” He got out of the car and opened the passenger side door. Buffy took the hand he extended, and he tugged her to her feet.



“Honey, what are we doing here?” she asked again as they walked up the front path. William said nothing until they were standing in front of the door, then pulled a set of keys from his pocket and unlocked it.



“This is our new home, my love,” he said, picking her up and carrying her inside. He walked over the threshold and kicked the door closed. "If you approve, that is."



“Ours? Seriously?”



“Yep.” A grin formed on his face. “I looked at all kinds of houses and none spoke to me. But this one said…home.” He kissed her. “A friend of mine from the station volunteered to help you out with the decoration and furnishings.”



“Well, we’ll just have to have him over for dinner.”



“Lorne would appreciate that. However....enough about furnishings and decorations. Now, it's time for me to just ravish you,” he said saucily, taking her up stairs.



“Oooh, I’d like that.” Buffy kissed William.



**********



Five months later, Buffy gave birth to twin boys named William Rupert and Kaden Jacob. It had been a tough delivery, but she made it through and William was ecstatic. He was a devoted father, and spoiled his boys and their mother every chance he got, even after returning to his job..



Giles spent a lot more time with his family and a lot less traveling.





Xander and Anya finally made it to the altar after their daughter, Kassidy Marie, was born. They bought a house close to William and Buffy’s place, so the children would be raised in the extended family unit they had all created.



Willow and Tara stood as Godmothers to all three babies, a responsibility they took very seriously.



Finally, everything was as it was meant to be.

The End