A little while later, William woke to find himself tied up. He looked around and saw Buffy at the end of the bed, slumped over in the chair, also tied up.

“Bloody hell,” he swore under his breath. He tried pulling the on the ropes, but they were too tight. “Buffy, love, wake up,” he called to her. She didn’t move and he began to get worried, fearing the worst had already happened. “Love, it’s time to wake up.” He tugged at the ropes again, but the knots just became tighter. “Shit.”



Harmony came in from the other room and William closed his eyes. He didn’t want her to know that he was awake, or that his head was aching miserably from the blow she'd struck.



She walked over towards Buffy, and slapped the side of her face. Startled awake, she blinked a few times before glaring up at Harmony.

When I get out of this, I’m going to kick your ass, you stupid, blonde, bitch!

“Have you seen who our guest is?” Harmony asked, walking over towards William and sitting next to him. William remained still, praying that Buffy was unharmed. She hadn’t spoken a word since she'd awakened.



Buffy looked over and saw William, her eyes wide with shock. "William!"

"That's right." Harmony began caressing his cheek. “William, honey, wake up for Harmony.”



He slowly opened his eyes and stared up at her, wondering if this nightmare was ever going to end.

She smiled down at him, content that he was finally where she wanted him to be...where he belonged.

Leaning over, she kissed him, making sure to angle her body so that Buffy didn't miss a thing.

Don’t let it get to you...don't let it get to you. Setting her jaw, Buffy watched calmly.

William didn’t respond to the kiss, angering Harmony. She rose up onto her knees and straddled his waist.

Buffy wanted more than anything to pull Harmony away from William and throw her across the room, hopefully splitting her skull in the process.

Harmony lowered her head and kissed him again, trying to push her tongue past his clenched teeth and into his mouth. When she finally pulled away to let him take a breath, he forced himself to smile. "Listen, love...I want you, but I'm not gonna do this with an audience. Get rid of her," he jerked his head towards Buffy. "I want to be alone with you."

“Are you satisfied?" Buffy asked bitterly. "He's all yours. Let me go.”

Harmony turned her head, and William was able to see Buffy's face. He hated having to say such things, but promised himself that he would make it up to her once he had her safely away from here. For now, all he could do was play up to Harmony and hope Buffy would understand and forgive him.

"I don't think so," Harmony said, smiling like a satisfied cat.

"Why?" Buffy asked. "You have William now. What more do you want?"


"I want you to suffer. I want you to watch him kiss me, and know that he'll never touch you again. I want to make you pay for every minute you kept him away from me," Harmony said, the smile fading from her face as her eyes became hard and cold.

*********************************************

Four patrol cars pulled up to the curb across the street from the house William and Buffy had once been so happy in. Although it appeared to be deserted, once of the policemen noticed William's car.

Two of the officers approached the car cautiously. When they had determined that it was empty, they opened it and checked for a registration confirming that the owner was William Giles.

The other officers began knocking on doors, asking all the neighbors if anyone had seen William come home. One person had been outside watering her lawn, and reported seeing both Harmony and William go into the house together.



When this information was given him, Officer Michaels grabbed the bullhorn from the trunk of his cruiser. “Harmony Kendall!. This is the Sunnydale Police Department. We know you have two hostages in the house with you. You are instructed to come out of the house now, with your hands in plain view. Cooperate with us, and we'll try and help you, but only if you come out now!"

Flicking the 'off' switch, he waited for a reply.



***********************************************

Buffy quickly turned her head and met William's eyes for a moment when she heard the announcement from outside. The cavalry had finally arrived and freedom would surely follow.

Harmony behaved as though she heard nothing. She continued kissing and nuzzling William, trying to force a response out of him.

"Harmony!" Buffy was amazed at the other girl's behavior. Was she deaf as well as stupid? "HARMONY!"

Annoyed by the interruption, Harmony sat up and glared at Buffy. "What?" she whined, oblivious to the activity outside the house. "What the hell do you want now?"

Buffy rolled her eyes. It was so ridiculous that it was almost funny.

"The police are here, airhead" she reported. "They know you have us in here with you. Got anymore bright ideas?"

“I…I don't know,” Harmony whimpered. "William?" She sounded confused as she looked at him, as if she was waiting for him to tell her what she should do.

He smiled reassuringly. "It's all right, love. Just undo these ropes and I'll go out and talk to them. I'll tell them it was just a misunderstanding, and that everything's fine. Then you and me can get out of this shitty little town, just the two of us. The way it should have been all along...remember?"

Without hesitating, Harmony untied William's left hand.

His fist lashed out, punching her dead in the face, knocking her out cold. He pushed her off of him, untied the rest of the restraints, then unlocked the front door and admitted the police.

**********************************************


"Are you all right, love?" William asked, quickly untying Buffy's hands and feet. He checked her over, searching for any cuts or bruises Harmony may have inflicted. "I'm sorry I had to say those things, baby. I was just so afraid that she'd hurt you....I had to make her think I wanted her and it was the only thing I could think of to do."

Throwing the ropes onto the floor, Buffy glared at him.

William was stunned at the look she was giving him. "Buffy...honey, you believe me, don't you? You...you knew what I was doing?"

By this time the cops had revived Harmony. Buffy watched as they handcuffed her and marched her out of the house while informing her of her rights.

"Buffy?" William said again. "Are...are we still getting married, love?"

Giving him a long, measured look through slightly narrowed eyes, Buffy shrugged and turned away. "I think....that I'm going to need some time."





TBC.....