It had been several hours since Spike had gone back to sleep, and any patience Buffy had had to begin with was long gone. She was restless, too many questions going through her mind for her to be content to stay cooped up in that motel room.

Spike hadn't killed her mother. Hearing that filled her with both relief and dread, as she thought of the uncertainty that revelation brought to her life. If Spike wasn't her mother's killer, then who was? Would she ever find the right vampire and know the peace she was sure she could only get through vengeance?

And there was always the other question, too—what if Spike was lying? He was, after all, evil. That's what evil things did. They lied until everything was so twisted you didn't know what was real anymore. The claim was telling her to trust him, but in turn, she didn't trust the claim. Nothing had been clear since it had been made, everything she'd ever thought turned on its head. Furthermore, she knew the claim was doing something to her, no matter what Spike said to the contrary. She felt different—stronger. She'd been able to hold her own in their earlier fight in a way she knew she wouldn't have been able to before, and she wasn't in nearly the amount of pain she should be in.

But the changes in her weren't just physical. She was behaving in a way that she knew couldn't be normal for a human. She continued to share the bed of a demon, letting him do things to her that she should only regard with disgust. Add to that the fight they'd had earlier that Buffy couldn't classify as anything but abnormal. Her mind had been completely focused on anger, her body primed for a fight, and then it was just…gone. Like Spike had said, they'd seemed to simply "snap out of it."

Then he'd gone to sleep, leaving her alone with the thoughts whirring through her mind. He acted as if this whole thing were nothing more than a slight inconvenience. Her life was in shambles and he was content just to sleep.

"Mind the noise, Buffy," she muttered, narrowing her eyes at the sleeping vampire. Well, she'd had enough of sitting there quietly so he could rest. She kicked the back of her heel against the table leg, making her shoe tap loudly against the wood. Spike didn't even twitch, which Buffy found immensely irritating. Where did he get off making such a big deal about her keeping quiet and then not budging when she made noise?

Buffy got up, walking around the room, making as much noise as possible as she did, banging things against each other, slamming her hands against the walls and furniture, and humming loudly and off-key. Spike didn't so much as move, and Buffy finally gave up. "Guess that's why they call it 'sleeping like the dead,'" she said with a sigh, going back to the chair.

She hadn't been sitting long before she was restless again. She didn't really want to talk to Spike, but at least if he was awake, she'd have some sort of distraction. She got up again and marched over to the bed, reaching out and shaking Spike.

He didn't wake up. Instead, he pulled her down with him before nuzzling up behind her, his erection obvious as it poked into her backside. Buffy grumbled under her breath, trying to get free as he pulled her closer, but Spike wouldn't let her up.

With a sigh, Buffy stilled, hoping it would make him loosen his grip. Instead, Spike nuzzled against her again, keeping her body tightly to his. Buffy resigned herself to staying where she was, giving into that little voice that said there were certainly worse places to be.

"Dru…"

Buffy's eyes widened at the sound of the name Spike said in his sleep. Mustering up all of her strength, she tossed his arm off of her and turned around to punch him in the face.

That did wake him, and Spike sat up, clutching his nose. "Bloody hell! What is with you and punching me in the nose?"

Buffy crossed her arms in front of her, glaring. "You said Dru just now, when you were in bed with me."

"Yeah, well, I was with her for over a century. Sorta used to saying her name. And what were you doing in the bed anyway? I thought you turned down the invitation."

"I didn't want to be there, but then I was trying to wake you up, and you pulled me down!"

"Why were you trying to wake me up?"

"I was bored."

Spike leered at her. "Wanting me to entertain you then?"

"Ew," Buffy replied, making a face of extreme disgust. "No way. Besides, I really don't want you to touch me now after you said her name."

"Jealous, pet?" Spike asked, eyebrow cocked.

"Ugh. No. Soo not jealous. That was just…rude."

"So I hurt your feelings then?"

"Yes. No! No. My feelings are totally unhurt. I don't care enough about you for you to hurt my feelings."

"Whatever you say, princess." Spike's leer returned. "Come on now, kitten. Let's do something about that boredom of yours, yeah?"

"I'd rather be bored," Buffy replied. "And are you just always horny?"

"Pretty much. Besides, you interrupted a rather pleasant dream."

Buffy's expression grew dark. "Yeah, about her. You can't honestly expect me to do anything with you when I know you got hard thinking about another woman."

Spike shrugged. "Doesn't really matter how I got hard—just matters that I am."

Buffy gaped at him for a moment before rearing back and slapping him hard in the face. "You're a pig," she snapped, getting off the bed and storming into the bathroom, slamming and locking the door behind her.

"Bollocks," Spike said, running his hand through his hair. If there was one thing that drove him up the bloody wall, it was women and their mood swings. And now that he was mated to this one, he could feel all those emotions, making it that much worse. For the first time in his existence, he found himself glad that Dru had never accepted a claim from him. Inside of her mind was not a place he wanted to be.

Surprisingly, the emotions he was feeling coming from Buffy now were not the ones he had expected. She felt…hurt? There was slight anger there, but sadness was the dominant emotion. With a sigh, he got up and went to the bathroom door, telling himself it wasn't because he felt bad for hurting the chit's feelings, but because having to share those feelings was a pain in the arse. He tapped softly on the door. "Buffy?"

"Go away."

Spike sighed, though that was the response he'd been expecting. "Luv, come on. I swear I don't think about her when I'm inside you."

The response was more emphatic the second time. "Go away!"

"Would it help if I said I was sorry?"

"No!"

"Oh, come on now, kitten. I've had lots of naughty dreams about you, too."

"I hate you!"

"You know, I don't know why you're even upset. You keep complaining about me wanting you anyway."

"That's because you make me sick!" Buffy yelled back through the door.

"Well, fine! If that's the way you feel, then I'll just get myself off—thinking about Drusilla."

Before Spike could even move, Buffy had thrown open the door and tackled him to the ground. "You're my mate," she snarled, her eyes flashing.

Her words made Spike's demon rush forward and he growled, grabbing hold of her hips to grind against her. Buffy moved with him for a moment before jumping up to pull off her clothes, stripping as quickly as she could before lowering herself back down on to him, taking him inside of her. She rode Spike hard, her nails scratching down his pale chest to leave red streaks of blood in their wake. "Mine," Buffy said, her voice nearly a growl as she leaned in to lick off the blood she'd drawn, making Spike gasp in pleasure.

"You're not hers anymore," Buffy said, squeezing him tightly with her internal muscles. "She didn't claim you. I claimed you."

"Buffy…yes, baby…I'm yours. I'm all yours."

Buffy sped up the movement of her hips, her gaze locked on Spike's face as his eyes rolled up. "Come for me," she ordered. "Show me what I do to you."

Spike did as she said, his hips coming off the floor as he exploded. Buffy screamed in pleasure, her own orgasm following closely on the heels of his.

Buffy slumped against him, noting absent-mindedly that his breathing was as hard as hers despite the fact that he didn't actually need the air. Spike moved his hands up to her back, caressing her heated skin. "Mmm…I like it when you're wild, kitten."

As suddenly as she'd jumped him, Buffy was off of him, her eyes wide. "What…what did you make me do?"

Spike sat up. "Make you do? You bloody attacked me!"

"Because you did something to me! I'd never act like that!"

"You just did!"

"It's you and this stupid claim! It…it was like I didn't have any real control over myself."

Spike shrugged. "You felt like your position as my mate was being threatened and you snapped. It happens."

"Not to me!' Buffy insisted. "I don't even want to be your mate."

Spike grabbed Buffy's arm, pulling her back down to him. "That doesn't matter, baby," he said, his low voice sending a shiver up Buffy's spine. "All that does matter is that you are."

"No," Buffy said, though her protest sounded weak.

"Oh yes," Spike replied, lowering her down to the floor. He hovered over her, braced on his arms. "I was a bad, rude man to say those things to you, pet. Let me make it up to you."

Buffy's objection died on her lips as Spike moved between her legs, hooking her knees over his shoulders. She opened her mouth to ask what he was doing when he leaned in and licked her slit, making it so all she could manage was a moan. Spike grunted as he lapped her hungrily, and Buffy arched against him, wondering why he'd waited until now to do this to her. It felt wonderful. She dug her fingers into his hair, pulling him closer to her.

Spike grinned at her responsiveness as he added his fingers, pushing three inside of her. He curved them up until Buffy's grip on his hair tightened, her heels digging into his back. "Oh god," she moaned, her head thrown back and her eyes closed. "Right there."

Spike continued the double movements of his tongue and fingers until he felt Buffy right on the brink of release. Knowing exactly how to push her over, Spike began to purr deep in his chest, the vibrations traveling from his body to hers.

Buffy let out a loud keening wail when she climaxed, the force of her orgasm making her entire body buck violently. Spike managed to hold on, bringing her down with gentle licks before pulling away, cleaning her spendings off his fingers and mouth with his tongue.

"Oh my god," Buffy panted, lying limp on the floor as Spike released her legs. "That felt good."

"That was the point, pet," Spike replied, getting to his feet. He picked her up off the floor, depositing her back on the bed before covering her body with his own. "And I know you think it all feels good," he said huskily, nipping at Buffy's earlobe. "I know how you crave me."

Buffy rubbed against him, feeling undeniable lust rise inside of her again. She didn't want to fight it anymore—she wasn't strong enough. Whether it was her or something from the claim didn't matter right then, she just needed Spike inside of her. She pushed her hips up, begging with her body for him to fill her.

"Slow down, baby," Spike rumbled against her skin. "I wanna take it slow this time. Wanna savor you."

Buffy responded with a whimper, writhing beneath him. She couldn't do slow. She needed now. She reached down between their bodies, grasping his cock and guiding it towards her entrance.

Spike grabbed her hand away, pinning it and her other one above her head. "Doesn't seem like you're listening to me, pet. I'm gonna have to do something about that." Keeping her hands together with one of his own, Spike used his free hand to rip off a long piece of the sheet. He pulled her arms taut, using one end of the scrap of cloth to bind her hands and the other end to secure her to the slats of the headboard.

Buffy pulled on her hands, panic hitting her as she realized she couldn't move them. "What are you doing?"

Spike trailed his finger down her cheek. "Shh. Don't you worry, luv. It's just for a bit of fun."

"Spike, I don't…" Buffy's words trailed off into a moan as Spike went down again, latching on to her clit with his mouth. Buffy flexed her hands in her bonds but didn't try to break them, focusing instead on the pleasure Spike was giving her. He kept going until she reached her peak again, her bound arms stretching as she came.

Spike moved slowly up her body, marking his path with a trail of kisses. He stopped when they were face to face, bracing himself on his arms to rise above her. "You're bloody gorgeous," he told her, his voice rough and thick. "Drive me out of my sodding mind, you do."

"Spike…inside me now," Buffy pleaded, wishing she had her hands free so she could push him where she wanted him to be.

Spike gave her a teasing grin. "Me makin' you come twice with my mouth wasn't enough?"

Buffy tossed her head from side to side. "No. Need…need to come with you inside."

Spike knew there was no way he could deny that request. He rested his weight on one arm while he took his cock with his other hand and guided it to Buffy's entrance. He stopped right before sliding in, rubbing her outer lips with the weeping tip of his cock. Buffy moaned, a tremor going through her body as he caressed her clit. "Need more, pet?" Spike asked, his voice low.

"Yes! Fuck me now, Spike!"

Spike growled at her demand, all his control lost at hearing those words from her mouth. He pushed inside, filling her completely. Buffy moaned, wrapping her legs around him to encourage him to move. He did, and soon set a pounding rhythm, all the tenderness from a moment ago now gone.

Buffy made no attempt to resist the effects of the claim, instead letting it wash over her, bind her to her lover. They moved in perfect unison until pleasure crashed over them both, their joint cries of relief filling the room.

Buffy barely felt Spike untie her hands, her eyes already drifting shut. Spike rolled them over, holding Buffy against his chest, and she smiled, giving in to sleep.

*** *** ***

Spike pushed Buffy's hair away from her eyes as he watched her sleep. Despite the fact that he couldn't help but feel like a traitor to Drusilla, he was beginning to think that maybe this claim wasn't so bad after all. Buffy seemed to be accepting it, and Spike was sure that now she knew he didn't kill her mother, she would warm up to him. His unlife would certainly be different from now on, but maybe it would prove to be a good sort of different. You didn't survive as long as he had without being able to deal with change.

The sun had recently set, and Spike found himself acutely aware of the fact that he hadn't really fed in days. He'd taken some blood from Buffy, but he hadn't been willing to take a substantial amount, not wanting to harm his mate. They needed to leave now, put more distance between themselves and Angelus, but Spike knew he wouldn't be at his top form unless he had a hot meal.

He pressed a soft kiss against Buffy's forehead before slipping out of the bed and getting dressed. He hated to leave her, but he didn't sense any danger near by, and if he made do with the motel clerk, he wouldn't be gone long at all.

Glancing back at his sleeping mate one more time, Spike left the room in search of prey.

*** *** ***

Reviews make me happy. Don't you want to make me happy? *puppy-dog eyes*