Author's Chapter Notes:
Okay, I just wanted to say that this will be a fluffy chapter. I hope it would be to everyone's liking. The next chapter won't be as fluffy, but I have to get things moving. This whole story basically takes place during the summer. Thanks for the reviews so far=)
Chapter 5

A few weeks passed by and Buffy couldn’t remember ever being so happy before. Her birthday was coming up and she was dating a great guy. Still in secret, but she was relieved that nothing bad has happened. Dawn even covered for her a few times. She hasn’t told Spike that she loved him yet, but she felt it every time she was with him. He never said it either, but she knew he had to feel the same way she did.

They were at the apartment that he was staying in for the summer and were busy making out on the couch.

Buffy pulled away when oxygen became an issue.

He then started to trail kisses down her neck.

She moaned and held him tighter.

They haven’t gone any further yet.

She wanted to give herself to him on her birthday. Buffy knew that she was ready and she wanted him to be her first. Her only if she had anything to say about it.

His hand suddenly found its way under her shirt.

She really hoped he would be able to wait until her birthday.

Spike pulled away to see the flushed look on her face. He smiled and continued to kiss her.

Buffy eagerly returned the kiss.

He rested his head against hers and tried to get his breathing under control. “God, I love you,” he whispered.

Buffy was stunned. She never thought that he would be the one to say it first. “Do you mean that?” she wondered, needing to be sure.

Spike didn’t hesitate before he answered her. “I mean it. I love you, Buffy. I knew it the moment I first saw you.”

She started to feel tears in her eyes at his declaration. “I love you, too. I’ve never felt like this before.”

He nodded and caressed her cheek. “I know what you mean.”

No more words needed to be said after that.


* * * * *


Buffy’s eighteenth birthday finally arrived and she was bored out of her mind. Her parents were having a party that didn’t even feel like it was for her. They invited all of their friends and Buffy hardly knew any of them. She just couldn’t wait until it was over, so she could meet up with Spike. Tonight was the night that she would give herself to him completely. Her parents thought she was spending the night at Willow’s, who would cover for her if they actually decided to call.

The guests finally started to leave and Buffy couldn’t be happier about that. She got everything that she would need and left her house. She met up with Spike, who was waiting for her across the street.

They then got into his car and headed to the apartment.


* * * * *


“It’s not much, but I hope you like it. Happy birthday, love.” Spike said as they were sitting on the bed in his room.

Buffy opened the box that he gave her and gasped at what was inside. “Spike, it’s so beautiful,” she told him, pulling out the silver, cross necklace.

“So, you like it?”

Buffy turned to look at him. “I love it.” She gave him a kiss on the lips. “Could you put it on me?”

Spike nodded and took the necklace from her, placing it around her neck. “Beautiful,” he commented.

She graced him with a smile, then felt nervous about what she wanted to say next. “Spike, my parents think I’m spending the night at my friend’s house.”

He had a feeling that she told her parents that, but he wasn’t expecting the next thing she said.

“I think I’m ready to take our relationship to the next level. I want...I want you to make love to me,” she said the last part softly.

Spike felt his breath catch in his throat.

“I want my first time to be with you,” she finished.

“Are you sure, Buffy? I don’t want you to think that you have to do this. There’s no hurry.”

Buffy nodded. “I want this.”

Spike couldn’t deny her anything and started to kiss her soft lips. He laid her gently back on his bed and got on top of her. He slowly removed her clothes.

She helped him do the same with his.

Spike took in the sight of the beautiful girl on his bed, still finding it hard to believe that she was his.

Buffy told him that she was on the pill.

Spike was relieved because he realized that he didn’t have any condoms. He wasn’t expecting this to happen so soon. He placed a kiss on her forehead. “This will only hurt for a second, love.”

Buffy nodded and took a deep breath.

Spike kissed her again and slowly slid into her. He pulled away to gaze at her face and could clearly see the pain that she was in. Tears started to fall from her eyes and he kissed them away. “It’s okay, sweetheart. It will get better.” He let her adjust to him, then started to move slowly inside of her.

She closed her eyes and let out a moan.

“Does it still hurt?”

She opened her eyes at his question, shaking her head. “Not anymore.”

Spike was relieved and started to move a little faster.

They were both soon brought to release, clinging to each other.

Spike then pulled out of her.

She winced a little.

He moved to her side, not wanting to crush her. “You all right?” he wondered after a moment of silence.

Buffy smiled at him. “Yeah, that was amazing.”

He kissed the tip of her nose. “You’re amazing.”

She blushed. “That’s only because you make me feel amazing.”

It was Spike’s turn to feel touched. “I love you so much, you know that?”

Buffy nodded. “I love you, too. More than anything.”

Spike gave her a sweet smile. “That works out nicely then.” He wrapped his arms around her.

She rested her head against his chest and got more comfortable.

They soon drifted off to a peaceful sleep.