Chapter Twenty

"This room is huge!" Dawn exclaimed as they entered their hotel room. For Sarah’s birthday, one of Spike’s many presents had been a trip to Disney World. Spike had sprung for one of the hotels inside the park and gotten them the largest suite in the hotel. "This must have cost a fortune!" Dawn rushed inside one of the bedrooms.

Buffy chewed her lip nervously. "This does look really expensive, Spike."

"Bollocks," Spike replied with a smile as he lifted Sarah into his arms. "It’s Sarah’s birthday," he reasoned. "She deserves it. And so do we," he added with a smirk. Although he did want the best for his daughter, he did have some ulterior motives. Buffy had been uncomfortable being intimate with him at her apartment, but he hoped the master bedroom itself was enough to convince her to spend the night with him. The room had an enormous king sized bed and a Jacuzzi tub, perfect to set a romantic atmosphere.

Buffy raised an eyebrow at his suggestion.

"Why don’t you go unpack us in the master bedroom while I round up the bit and get our princess ready?"

Buffy nodded her assent, and before she could rethink her decision Spike was off to tend to the younger Summers girls.



"Ooh! Tower of Terror!" Dawn exclaimed as they approached the aforementioned ride. "Let’s go on it!"

Buffy shook her head. "I think Sarah and I will sit this one out." She gulped nervously at the height of the ride.

"I could sit out with Sarah if you and the bit want to go," Spike offered. He, too, gulped nervously. When he saw the ride all he could think of was the elevator in his own office building crashing its occupants to their fiery deaths.

"Would you two quit being babies?" Dawn rolled her eyes. "They have a baby swap so you can both go on the ride."

"With that kind of attitude, you can go on by your-" Spike was cut off by the sound of his cell ringing.

Buffy, who had been carrying Spike’s cell in her purse, fished around for it. "Didn’t you tell my father you would be on vacation?" she asked jokingly.

"Like that matters," Spike replied as she found his cell. She looked at it quickly before shoving it into his outstretched hand angrily.

"I think I feel like going on the ride after all," Buffy declared handing Spike the stroller she’d been pushing Sarah in.

Spike’s eyes widened at her abrupt change in mood. He looked down at his phone before realizing the cause of her anger. "Buffy, it’s not what you think!"

"Save it, Spike," Buffy fumed. "I don’t know what you think this is, but you can’t have a different girlfriend in every city."

"Buffy!" Spike yelled when she turned her back on him, prepared to walk away.

Buffy turned back to glare at him before grabbing her sister’s arm and leading her away from Spike.




Things between Buffy and Spike were extremely tense for the rest of the day. Dawn tried everything she could think of to make either of them smile, but if she did it was only for a second. Their bad moods were grating on her nerves, but she couldn’t really blame Buffy for being angry. It did seem weird that even after three months, Spike’s ex was still in the picture. The most irritating part of it all was, as usual, Spike and Buffy refused to talk to each other about it.

One they were back at the hotel room, Dawn quickly retreated into her room to call her friend Janice. She couldn’t wait to talk to someone who wasn’t brooding.

With Dawn’s chatter gone, Spike and Buffy operated in silence. Buffy took Sarah into the third bedroom to get her changed for the night. Spike sighed to himself going into the bathroom to take a shower.

When Spike entered their bedroom after his shower, Buffy was busying herself at one of the dressers. She gave no indication that she was aware of his presence which caused him to frown in irritation.

"Buffy, we need to talk about this." Spike stood in the middle of the room, clad in only a towel.

Buffy remained standing with her back to him. "Don’t you have to call back Drac-silla?"

"Drusilla," he corrected her before he could stop himself.

"Whatever."

"So, this is how it’s gonna be?" Spike asked incredulously. "Every time we get into a fight, you’re going to act like a child?"

Buffy turned to glare at him, too angry to notice his lack of clothing. "I’m only twenty one, Spike, I can act like a child if I want to," she stubbornly replied. "And there won’t be an ‘every time’ if you’re seeing Drusilla behind my back!"

Spike threw up his hands angrily. "I’m not seeing her behind your back!" he insisted.

Buffy placed her hands on her hips. "Then why is she calling you?" Buffy knew she sounded like an irrational, jealous girlfriend, but that’s exactly what she was at the moment.

Spike shook his head to clear his thoughts before taking a seat on the edge of the bed. He hadn’t wanted to burden Buffy with his problems concerning Drusilla, but he supposed she had a right to know. "Drusilla didn’t take the breakup well."

"The breakup?" Buffy cried. "This has been going on since January?!"

Spike could only nod. "She calls me all the time. At first I would answer and tell her not to call me anymore, but that didn’t work so now I just ignore the calls."

"Why don’t you just change your number?"

"Work," Spike answered. "It’d be too much of a hassle. Besides, she calls my apartment, too."

Buffy’s head was spinning. She had no idea what to say to this. She wanted to kill Drusilla for chasing after her boyfriend, and she wanted to kill Spike for keeping it from her for so long.

Buffy sat down next to Spike, placing her hand over his in a peace offering. Her eyes went wide as she realized something she hadn’t before. "She’s obsessed with you," she murmured. "What if she does something crazy? What if she tries to hurt you?"

"Don’t worry about me," Spike assured her. "I can handle myself." Spike leaned in to peck her lips. When she didn’t pull away, he lifted her on top of him so she was straddling his lap. "I’m sorry," he whispered against her collarbone.

"I’m sure there’s some way you can make it up to me," she breathed in response. "Show me that you won’t keep anything from me again."

And Spike began doing just that. He lifted both her shirt and bra so he could pay immediate attention to her hardened nipples. Buffy pulled the garments over her head, moaning as his hand traveled beneath her skirt.

"Am I forgiven yet, luv?"

"Not-yet," Buffy panted as he began to play gently with her clit.

Spike pushed away the towel that had been wrapped around his waist. Buffy gasped as she heard the sound of her panties being ripped from her body. "Sorry, baby, I’ll buy you a new pair," he promised before thrusting up and into her moist channel.

Buffy moaned loudly.

"Quiet, kitten, don’t want the whole hotel to hear us."

Buffy nodded, bringing her lips down to his to cover the sounds that would inevitably be coming out. She rode him at a painstakingly slow pace, loving the look of tortured ecstacy on his face. After she felt he’d been tormented enough, she began to ride him faster. Spike’s hands made their way to her hips to quicken her rhythm as he simultaneously thrust up into her.

With each upward thrust, his pelvis rocked against her clit, bringing her closer and closer to her orgasm. She could tell from Spike's groans and sighs that he was almost there as well. On his final thrust, Spike slammed deep inside Buffy. They came together and Spike covered her lips with his own to drown out the sound of his name.

Buffy slumped against Spike’s own languid body when the intense feelings of their orgasms surpassed. She kissed his shoulder affectionately as they each tried to catch their breath.

"Am I forgiven, now?" Spike asked leaning back on his elbows with a cocky smirk on his handsome face.

Buffy pulled away from him, collapsing beside him on the bed. "What do you think?"