Chapter Twenty-One



It was the last day of Spike’s vacation. Dawn and Spike had said their goodbyes before Dawn had left for school that morning. Buffy took the day off from work and school so that she could drop Spike off at the airport.

The week since they’d returned from Disney World had been incredible. Spike loved seeing his daughter everyday and living with Buffy and Dawn. Buffy had allowed him to move into her bedroom and in the early hours of the morning when they were sure everyone was asleep, they’d make love for hours. Both could barely go through an entire day without napping.

Buffy entered the bedroom as Spike finished packing. He was fresh out of the shower, clad in her pink terrycloth towel, deciding what to wear for the flight home.

"That’s a sexy look for you," Buffy teased him, closing the door behind her.

Spike eyed her curiously. "What are you doing?" he asked as Buffy sauntered sexily towards him.

"Well, Dawn’s at school," she practically purred. "Sarah’s taking a nap." Buffy held up a baby monitor. "What do you wanna do?"

Spike smirked. "We could watch some telly. Passions will be on soon."

Buffy shook her head from her place in front of him. With a flick of her wrist, the towel landed around his ankles.

"You always catch me like this, Miss Summers."

Buffy giggled. Her hands roamed his chest as she pushed him back towards the bed.

Spike’s knees hit the bed and he was forced into a sitting position. He was about to pull Buffy on top of him when she knelt before him.

Buffy’s hand wrapped around Spike’s semi erect cock, stroking it to life. She placed lazy kisses against his inner thighs and lower abdomen.

Still stroking him, Buffy brought her mouth over the head licking up the precum that had already started to spill.

Spike’s eyes rolled back into his head at the feel of her hot mouth on his penis.

Sucking him in as much as she could, Buffy brought her idle hand to fondle his balls.

The feelings she elicited from him were amazing. He brought one of her small throw pillows to his face, covering the loud moans he was making. The last thing he wanted was for Sarah to wake up and Buffy to leave him. He was so deeply embedded in her mouth that every time she swallowed he thought he might come. Her hand was working in perfect timing with her mouth.

"Oh, God," he murmured, the pillow slightly away from his mouth just enough for her to hear him. "Baby, you’re so," gasp, "sexy!"

She licked up the vein on the underside of his erection. Spike thought he really might spontaneously combust from her touches. "I love you!" he cried, forgetting about being quiet. "You’re bloody perfect!"

He twitched as she scraped her teeth lightly against him. Her tongue wrapped around the head of his cock, licking and sucking until she heard him moan and reach for the pillow. His hips thrust involuntarily into her mouth as he came, yelling her name into the pillow.



Half an hour before they had to leave for the airport, Buffy felt like crying. She didn’t want Spike to go back to L.A. Who knew how long it would be before they could see each other again?

Spike seemed to sense her dread. He reached out to her from his place on the sofa, bringing her into his lap.

"I don’t want you to go," she said quietly, resting her head against his shoulder.

"I don’t want to leave, either, kitten, but I have to get back to work." Spike kissed the top of her head. He’d been thinking a lot about their living arrangements. No relationship could work if the participants lived on opposite coasts.

"I’ve been thinking," Spike started, nervous to voice his feelings on the matter. "Sooner or later we’re going to have to live in the same city."

Buffy raised her head to look into his eyes. Instead of saying anything she nodded and waited for him to continue.

"We could live together?" he suggested, bringing his hand up to cup the back of her neck. "I want to be with you all the time, Buffy. It’s killing me knowing I have to go back to L.A. where I won’t be able to see you for God knows how long!"

Buffy smiled brightly down at him. "I want to be with you, too."

Spike brought her head down to meet him for a passionate kiss. "As soon as I get back to L.A. I’ll start looking for a bigger apartment for all of us."

Buffy jerked her head away from his. "In L.A.?" Spike nodded. "I can’t move to L.A., Spike! My life is here."

"I don’t understand, I thought you said you wanted to be with me."

"I do!" Buffy insisted. She hopped off his lap and began to pace. "I want you to live here with me."

"Buffy, you know I can’t do that," Spike replied gently. "My job is in L.A."

"And my life is here in Miami! My school, Dawn’s school, our friends, my job!"

"You and Dawn can go to school anywhere!" he argued, standing up. "My job in L.A. is stable. I can support us better there."

"I am not rasing my daughter in that city," she told him. "L.A. is no place for a child."

"Your parents raised you there and you turned out just fine."

"I got pregnant at sixteen!" she yelled. "That’s not exactly turning out fine!"

”So, what? This is you leaving me again?” Spike asked in disbelief.

Buffy shook her head sadly. “No, this is you leaving us.”

Spike sighed and checked his watch, her words sending a pang of guilt to his heart. "We don’t have time to fight about this now." He left her to retrieve his luggage from her bedroom.