Author's Chapter Notes:
I combined these two chapters because chapter six is really short, and I felt bad. Please review!
Chapter Six



"Where are we going now?" Buffy asked as she walked next to Spike down the boardwalk. Spike had taken her to a romantic restaurant on the beach and Buffy had really enjoyed getting to know him, something she hadn’t been able to do back in Sunnydale. They'd been having such a good time, she had almost forgotten that she was deceiving him about her age. Almost.

"You’ll see," he responded, grinning at her. "It’s a surprise."

Buffy pouted playfully. "I hate surprises!"

Spike resisted the urge to kiss her pouty lips, and instead took her hand in his. Buffy smiled at the gesture. It was odd to be starting at the beginning with someone she’d already been intimate with.

"You’ll love this surprise," he told her confidently. His smile dimmed slightly as they approached an amusement park on the pier. "You do like rides, don’t you?"

Buffy nodded enthusiastically. "My parents used to take me and my sister here all the time when I was younger."

"I’ve lived in L.A. for five years now and I’ve never been here before," Spike admitted, handing the cashier their admission money.

Buffy took his hand again, pulling him behind her excitedly. "This place is so much fun!" she exclaimed. "I haven’t been here in three years. Not since I was thirt-" Buffy stopped in her tracks causing Spike to slam into her backside. She was grateful he couldn’t see her face considering how wide her eyes were at the moment.

"Fifteen?" he replied when she didn’t continue. "Not too good with math, are we pet?"

When she finally looked at him, he had a playful gleam in his eyes. Right, I’m just bad with math, she thought bitterly. More like I can’t keep my facts straight. "That could be why I failed Pre-Calc," she joked, naming the course she would be taking her senior year.

Spike laughed, quickly forgetting about her comment. "Well, since you’ve been here already, you’re the tour guide tonight. I want to go on everything, starting with the best ride on the pier," he told her.

Buffy thanked her lucky stars he hadn’t questioned her slip up. "Okay, well the Gravitron is one of my favorites, but I also love the roller coaster and then there’s the Ferris wheel..."



"I had a great time tonight, Spike," Buffy told him as they walked back to his car.

"Me too." When they reached his car, Spike pulled Buffy to him capturing her lips in a soft kiss. "I want to see you again."

Buffy looked down focusing her eyes on his chest. "I want to see you, too."

Spike frowned, noticing something about her mood had changed. "But-"

Buffy sighed. "But I'm leaving in August to go back to Sunnydale." She looked back up at him again. "This could only be a summer thing."

Spike nodded, not responding right away. "Okay," he said finally. Buffy let out a breath she hadn’t realized she’d been holding. "So we’ll just make it the best three months of our lives."



Two weeks into June, Buffy and Spike were still seeing each other. There relationship had stayed at a sexual level that Buffy was comfortable with. Although they’d slept together already, it felt like Buffy was getting to know an entirely different person. She hoped that when they were both ready to take that step, it would be much more special than the result of a drunken night out.

Buffy knew Spike was waiting for her to be ready. She wasn’t there yet, but she wanted to be prepared whenever the time came. After many hours secretly researching birth control on the internet, Buffy decided it was the right choice for her. Going to either of her parents was too risky, but she did want to see a real doctor about the issue instead of going to some clinic.

Buffy waited until Hank was at work and Dawn was still sound asleep at the other end of the house to approach her stepmother. She found Donna sunbathing in the backyard.

"Good morning!" Buffy called out as she approached the pool area. "I brought out some lemonade."

Donna removed her sunglasses and looked up at Buffy suspiciously. Never before had her stepdaughter been so friendly towards her. "Good morning, Buffy," she greeted accepting the beverage she was handed. "Did you need something?" she asked when Buffy took a seat on the lounge chair next to hers.

"Actually I need your advice," Buffy started. She decided to cater to Donna’s ego, and make her feel like Buffy looked up to her. "It’s kinda embarrassing though."

"I’m sure whatever the problem is, I can relate to it."

"You have to promise not to tell Dad." Buffy watched Donna carefully. It was better to find out if Donna would keep her secret before she actually told her anything.

Donna thought for a minute before answering. "Well, I guess I could do that. Keep it just between us girls." She gave Buffy a serious look. "As long as it’s nothing too bad."

"I want to go on the pill," Buffy blurted out. She waited anxiously for Donna’s reaction.

Then, Donna did the last thing Buffy expected; she smiled. "Is that all? I’ll just take you to my doctor. I’m on the patch, but I’d recommend starting off on the daily pills." She stopped as if just noticing Buffy’s shocked expression. "What?"


Chapter Seven



"Hey, B. You better not be seeing your boy toy tonight because I’ve got some kick ass plans for us. Yours truly has VIP passes to the Hellmouth. I know what you’re thinking. The Hellmouth? As in the hottest nightclub in L.A.? Damn straight. Be at my apartment by eight dressed to kill."



"Hold your horses, mate. I’m coming!" Spike shouted at whoever was frantically knocking on his door.

"Hello, William," Angel greeted his friend, stepping past Spike into the apartment.

"I’ll have you know I’m very busy right now," he lied, hoping Angel wouldn’t see the paused picture on the television screen.

"Watching a rerun of Passions doesn’t count as being busy," Angel told him without looking at the screen. "Now get ready to go out."

Spike shook his head. "Not tonight. I’m pretty knackered from work today."

Angel rolled his eyes as Spike reclaimed his seat on the couch next to the discarded remote. "You’re knackered from all that filing Hank made you do today?" he asked incredulously. "You’re not seeing Buffy tonight are you?"

"Not that I know of."

"And you’re not waiting by the phone for her to call, are you?"

Spike scoffed at that. "And why would I do a thing like that?"

"So then you really have no reason not to come out with us tonight," Angel reminded him. He took the remote, pressed the stop button and manually turned off Spike’s television. "Now. Gunn’s in town with Fred and Darla tonight. So go. Get. Dressed."

Spike finally gave in after a few moments of glaring at Angel. "Fine, but it’s because I want to. Not because you made me."



"So, Buffy how are things in Sunnydale?"

Buffy couldn’t believe her bad luck. Before she’d moved to Sunnydale, she’d had a close group of friends from her high school in L.A. One of the guys in the group, Riley Finn, had just moved to L.A. from somewhere boring like Idaho or Kentucky and had developed a major crush on Buffy. Now, almost a whole year later he was still pining over her. She could kill Faith for inviting him and especially for disappearing on her.

"Things are great," she told him, not hiding her boredom.

Unfortunately he didn’t pick up on it. "You want a drink?"

"I’d love one!" she exclaimed. Alcohol was the only thing that could dull the pain of spending a night hanging out with Riley.

"Okay, then I want to hear all about your life in Sunnydale. And don’t skip the good parts where you tell all your new friends just how much you miss me," he joked.

Buffy barely suppressed the urge to roll her eyes. "Make mine a double."



Buffy was on her fifth shot of the night, and on the verge of asking the bartender for another when Faith finally found her again.

"Woah, B, take it easy there."

Buffy lifted the cool glass to her lips and gulped down the tangy liquid. "Where have you been all night?" she asked slowly, the affect of the alcohol taking its toll on her.

"Around. You having fun?"

"Loads!" Buffy giggled as she fell into Riley’s shoulder. "We’re having lots of fun aren’t we, Riley?"

Riley draped his rather large arm over her shoulder. The weight caused her to sink further down so her head was resting on his chest. "Sure we are. Having a great time here alone." He looked pointedly at Faith.

Faith chuckled at the sight. She pulled Buffy away from Riley so she could sit up on her own, only slightly leaning against Faith. "I found someone I think you might like," she said softly so only Buffy could hear.

"Oh, yeah. Whas he look like?" Buffy slurred.

"Not too tall, but definite hottie," Faith told her. "Killer muscles you can just imagine are there through his black clothes. Oh and bleached blonde hair."

Buffy didn’t seem to quite understand who Faith was talking about. Finally it dawned on her. "Where?"

Faith pointed to where Spike was standing with Angel, Gunn, Darla and Fred. Although Buffy had seen both Fred and Darla before she was too intoxicated to remember. A pang of jealousy shot through her at the thought that one of them could be there on a date with Spike.

"Riley, dance with me," she commanded through her slurs while taking another shot.

Riley was so happy that he didn’t notice the scowl on her face as she led him out to the dance floor.



Spike, Angel and Gunn were standing by the bar drinking their beers when Fred and Darla rejoined them from dancing.

Only Angel noticed the nervous looks passed between the girls. "This place sucks," Darla said much to the men’s surprise.

"Yeah, we should probably go somewhere else," Fred agreed a little too quickly.

Gunn stared at his girlfriend suspiciously. "We just got here. It can’t suck that much already."

"What’s going on with you two?" Angel asked remembering the look he’d seen just a minute earlier.

Neither of the girls spoke and the three men waited anxiously to see the cause of their strange behavior. "Well, you see," Fred started looking nervously at Spike.

"We saw someone we know and we really don’t want to run into them!" Darla told them finally.

"And who’s that?" Angel asked protectively. Angel and Darla had started dating ever since Fred had introduced them in Sunnydale.

"Some girl we used to know."

"An ex-boyfriend," they said in unison.

Spike couldn’t help but laugh, earning him a glare from both girls. "This happens to be one of the most exclusive nightclub in L.A.," he told them.

"Suit yourself," Darla muttered under her breath.

"What’s that mean?" Spike asked.

Darla rolled her eyes. "Fine, we tried, but," her voice trailed off. "The person we saw was that girl that you hooked up with in Sunnydale."

"Buffy’s here?" Gunn asked in utter disbelief.

Now it was Spike’s turn to roll his eyes. "She’s in L.A. for the summer," he explained, "We ran into each other at the mall last month, and now we’re dating."

Three pairs of shocked eyes stared at his back as he walked away from them.



Spike found Buffy exactly where Darla had said she would be, scantily clad and grinding up against some farm boy. Spike scowled at the sight and felt pure rage coursing through his veins. He took a deep breath before approaching the pair, not wanting to start a fight over nothing.

"Mind if I cut in?"

Buffy looked up when she heard the familiar British accent. "Actually I do mind," Riley answered before she could say anything.

"Wasn’t asking you, mate." Spike never took his eyes off Buffy.

"You sure your girlfriends won’t mind?" she asked sarcastically, stopping her movements so she was standing in front of him.

A look of confusion washed over Spike’s features. "Girlfriends? You mean Darla and Fred?" Buffy crossed her arms over her chest and glared at him. "Buffy, you’ve met them before remember? Fred is Gunn’s girlfriend and Angel and Darla are here together."

Buffy giggled. "Oh yeah," she said simply before throwing her arms around his neck. "I forgot."

Spike’s arms encircled her waist tightly, while he turned his attention to Riley. Riley finally got the hint, sulking all the way back to the bar. "Who was that kitten?"

Buffy had already forgotten about Riley. "Oh, him. He’s jus' some boring guy I useta go to school with. God he’s so boring!" she exclaimed. "He’d haveta get me totally wasted for me to actually hook up with him."

"Looks like he was doing a good job of that."

"Yeah, but I think I need another drink," Buffy told him trying to move out of his embrace. "It’s been a while since I’ve had one."

Spike only tightened his hold on her waist. "I think you’ve had enough for now," he told her. "Let’s stay out here and dance."

Buffy smiled seductively up at him. She placed her hands on his shoulders and began grinding her pelvis into his at an excruciatingly slow pace. Spike could feel his arousal building, and he was pretty sure Buffy could feel it too. His eyes rolled back into his head when she moved even closer to him, kissing, licking and biting his neck.

Buffy’s hands were traveling up and down his sides when the song ended and another dance mix started. "I want you to meet my friends," she shouted to him over the music. She grabbed his hand before he could protest and led him away from the dance floor.



"Faith! Faith!" When Buffy finally reached Faith, Spike had been able to get his hormones somewhat under control. Or at least, not so noticeable. "Faith, I want you to meet Spike," she introduced them. "Spike this is my good friend, Faith."

"Hey."

"Nice to meet you," Spike greeted her.

Riley cleared his throat loudly from his position next to Faith. "Oh, and this is Riley," Buffy introduced him as an afterthought. "You two kind of met earlier."

As Buffy signaled to the bartender for another two shots for herself and Spike, Riley sized up his competition. "You go to school around here?"

"Yeah, I’m going into my first year of law school at UCLA," Spike told him, not caring to ask about his educational career.

"So what are you, like twenty five?"

"Twenty three, actually." Spike accepted the shot glass Buffy was holding out to him and eagerly drank the liquid. Anything to escape talking to this bore.

"You’re seeing Buffy, old man?" Riley asked looking disgusted. "She’s only-"

Riley groaned as Faith elbowed him in the stomach. "She’s only the most popular girl at UC Sunnydale!" Faith interrupted, pasting a huge smile on her face.

Riley glared at Faith and opened his mouth to finish what he’d began to say. Buffy took this opportunity to wrap her arms around Spike’s neck and bring his head down so she could whisper, "I’m tired. Take me home?"

Spike nodded, more than ready to get as far away from Riley as possible.