Author's Chapter Notes:
This chapter is up for greyangel because #1 her reviews are amusing and #2 i love winter's storm, and am hoping she will update soon ;)
Chapter Eight



When Buffy woke the next morning she could barely open her eyes. The only sound she could hear was the blood pounding in her ears. She stirred a little before she felt an arm wrapped around her waist. When she pushed back slightly in surprise, she came into contact with someone’s hard chest.

Buffy’s eyes sprang open immediately. The last thing she remembered was going to that club with Faith and drinking at the bar with Riley. Now she was lying in someone else’s bed in an unfamiliar room.

The arm around her waist tightened its hold on her. She moved her head back in surprise, hitting the head behind her.

"Bloody hell!"

Buffy jumped out of the bed and began pacing around the room, trying to find her things. "Not again," she muttered under her breath.

Spike was holding his nose. "What’d you do that for?" he asked wincing in pain. "I think you broke my nose!"

Buffy ignored his cries. "What happened? Did we, you know, again? What happened to Faith?" Her eyes widened as she remembered that she’d stayed out all night. "My father’s going to kill me!"

Spike laid back against the pillows and rubbed his sleepy eyes. "You mean you don’t remember?" Buffy shook her head nervously. "Nothing happened, princess," he assured her. "You wouldn’t tell me where you lived so I brought you back here. I was set to sleep on the couch, but you insisted I stay in here with you."

Buffy visibly relaxed and took a seat on the bed next to Spike. "I mean, it’s not that I don’t want to," she quickly explained. "I just want us both to be sober when we do."

"Same here." Spike pushed the sheet off his lower body, and Buffy was relieved to see he was wearing a pair of boxer shorts. "You feel like breakfast?"

Buffy felt her stomach turn at the thought of consuming food. "Not yet," she replied. "Just water and aspirin for me."

"After the way you were pounding the shots back last night, I’m not surprised," he told her with a laugh. "You don’t remember anything?"

"Only a little bit from the beginning of the night," she confessed. An image of Spike with other women flashed through her brain. "Were you there on a date?" She did her best not to sound jealous.

"We went over this last night, pet. You’ve met them both already, Darla and Fred. Angel and Gunn’s girlfriends."

Buffy blushed. "Right, now I remember."

Spike chuckled as he left the room. He returned a minute later with her requested water and aspirin. Buffy graciously accepted the medicine, and gulped down the entire glass of water. Spike sat down next to her on the bed, taking her face in his hands. Their lips met in what started out as a slow, gentle kiss but quickly turned passionate.

Buffy was the first to pull away. She patted down her tousled hair self consciously. "I’m all gross. My hair’s all messed up, my makeup is probably smeared all over my face and I smell like a liquor store."

She started to push him away, but he wrapped his arms tightly around her. He gave her a soft peck on the lips. "You’re not ‘all gross’. You’re beautiful."

Buffy smiled as he leaned in again to kiss her. He pushed her back against the bed, placing his arms either side of her and hovering over her, never breaking the kiss. She wrapped her arms around his back from underneath his arms and pulled him against her. She let out a barely audible gasp as she felt his erect member poking into her stomach.

Spike lifted himself off of her as soon as he heard her shocked gasp. He didn’t want them to make another mistake and have her run off, never to be heard from again, again. "I’m sorry." He started to roll away from her but she pulled him back.

"Don’t be," she insisted, pulling him back so he was hovering over her again. "I don’t know why I did that, but I’m ready. I want to. With you." Her cheeks were turning a deep shade of crimson with each labored breath she took.

Spike leaned down to kiss the tip of her nose, her nervous babble adorable to him. He pushed himself up again, this time to search for something in the top drawer of his night table.

Buffy pulled him back again. "We don’t need that," she told him. "I’m on the pill."

"Are you sure? The pill doesn’t protect against everything," he warned her his hand still in the drawer.

"Are you safe?" He nodded. "Well you’re the only guy I’ve ever been with...so, I’m sure." She paused. "I trust you."

Their lips connected again in a fiery kiss. She didn’t know why, but she did trust him, a man she’d only known for a couple of weeks.

Her body arched against his as he lifted her flimsy halter top over her head. He trailed kisses up her arm, across her shoulder, down her neck and finally to her bare breast. "Oh..." she moaned as his tongue caressed her hardening nipple. Before her brain registered what she was doing, her hand had slid under the waistband of his boxers and was taking hold of his cock.

Spike’s mouth left her breast to claim her lips. "Buffy," he breathed as her small hand pumped him slowly. The effect she had on him was incredible. In one tug he had her miniskirt and panties down her legs and thrown on the floor. He groaned as Buffy’s hand stopped its movements until he felt her freeing him from his boxers.

Spike looked into her eyes before poising himself at her entrance, much like he’d done the first and only night they’d ever been together. Never breaking eye contact, he slid inside her. She was unbelievably wet already, and just as tight as she’d been their first time.

Buffy closed her eyes as many emotions ran through her, pleasure being the most dominant. "Don’t." She quickly looked back up at Spike who was still staring down at her, scared she had done something wrong. "Don’t close your eyes." She nodded, the intensity between them was electrifying, as lowered his head down to hers.

Spike’s thrusts became longer and harder as he neared climax. Using his left hand to support his body weight above her, his right hand found its way to fondle her breasts helping her reach her impending orgasm.

"Spike, I’m almost there," she whispered frantically, trying to control the burning sensation in her stomach.

His next thrust rubbed against her clit in just the right way, sending her over the edge, screaming his name as she rode out her release.

"Oh, God Buffy ...bloody amazing..." Spike followed right behind her finally breaking eye contact and collapsing on top of her.



"Mmm," Buffy mumbled against Spike’s lips. "I have to go inside now."

Spike only tightened his hold on her. "And why’s that?" He deepened the kiss, not giving her a chance to answer.

If not for the lack of oxygen getting to her brain, Buffy could have stayed in his arms kissing him forever. She finally broke the kiss and pulled her head away from his. "Because now I really am all gross. I need a shower."

Spike smirked at her. "Well so do I," he told her matter-of-factly. "What do you say we kill two birds with one stone and you come back to my place so we can shower together." He leaned into peck her lips. "Save water."

Buffy laughed, regretfully disentangling herself from his embrace. "Sounds like fun, but no."

"I’ll call you tonight," he called as she closed the door. Buffy said a silent prayer that her father and stepmother’s cars were not in the driveway or garage as she ran inside her house.



"I’m sorry, Daddy....I know I made you worry.....next time Faith and I stay in and rent movies I’ll pack a bag and stay over so you’ll know where I am in case I fall asleep again...okay, see you at dinner. Bye." Buffy hung up the phone with a sigh. She couldn’t believe her father had actually noticed her absence this morning, and she was even more shocked that he was playing the concerned parent. Good thing nothing could destroy her good mood. Just thinking about Spike made her happy.

"So you were at Faith’s all night?"

Buffy looked up to find Dawn standing in front of her, arms crossed in front of her chest. "Yeah, why?" Buffy stood from the stool she’d been sitting on at the counter and made her way into the kitchen behind it.

"Since when does Faith drive?"

Buffy took out a glass, still not feeling well enough to ingest anything but water and more pain medication. "Since we moved to Sunnydale."

"Really," Dawn replied skeptically. She waited until Buffy had taken a large gulp of water. "Since when does Faith have manly features and bleached blonde hair?"

Buffy began to choke on her water. Dawn grinned evilly. "What?" Buffy managed to croak out.

"Well whoever dropped you off this morning didn’t look anything like Faith," Dawn explained. "He actually reminds me of a guy I saw at the mall once. I remember him because I was wondering if there was some lame Billy Idol convention in town that I didn’t know about." Dawn stopped her rambling and looked at Buffy who was pouring herself another glass of water. "So, who is he?"

Buffy thought over her options. She could either lie to Dawn, making Dawn her enemy for the rest of the summer with no chance of having someone to cover for her at home or she could tell Dawn a watered down version of the truth and have Dawn remain her ally against her father and stepmother. Buffy sighed, pushing Dawn to take a seat at one of the stools. "Okay, Faith and I went out last night. We stayed out all night and I met him through Faith. Faith doesn’t drive and I wanted to get home fast so he offered to give me a ride."

"So if he, like, your boyfriend?" Dawn asked excitedly. "And don’t deny it, I saw you two with the smoochies in his car."

Buffy blushed at her sister’s blunt observation. "I don’t know if he’s my boyfriend yet. But we are dating," she told Dawn. "You better not tell Dad anything about this!" she threatened.

Dawn held up her hands in surrender. Buffy was so happy she actually leaned foward and hugged her sister. Dawn was shocked by her sister’s good mood, but tightened the hug. Although she’d never admit it to anyone, she was hoping this summer could bring her and Buffy closer. She smiled at the thought. Maybe Buffy’s good mood was contagious.