Chapter Ten



"Buffy, hurry up! You’ve been in there for forty five minutes!"

Buffy rolled her eyes as she heard her sister banging furiously on the bathroom door.

"Other people in this house need to shower, too, you know!"

After rinsing herself off once more, Buffy turned off the water and stepped out of the shower. "Chill out!" she called back wrapping a towel around her body. She took another towel to dry her hair as she opened the medicine cabinet. Immediately finding what she was looking for, she opened the circular case only to find it empty. "Oh great," she groaned, slapping her hand to her forehead. She had run out of the birth control pills the day before, but it had completely slipped her mind until that moment.

Buffy quickly opened the door to see Dawn standing on the other side with her arms crossed in frustration. "Finally!" she cried.

Buffy ignored Dawn, walking past her to find their stepmother.



"So I’m out until Friday," Buffy explained to Faith later that night. They were walking down a crowded city street, looking for a decent club. Only certain clubs were open on Tuesday nights, and the ones Faith knew of were dead.

"That sucks," Faith responded after hearing Buffy’s saga over birth control pills. "Me, I hate rubbers."

"Yeah, me too, but Donna’s going to be out of town at a spa until then and I can’t ask my dad to get them for me!"

Faith nodded, eyeing someplace across the busy street. "That place looks pretty rockin. Wait here. I’ll go talk to the bouncer."

Before Buffy even had a chance to respond, Faith was rushing across the street narrowly escaping death by the passing cars.

"Buffy Summers?"

Buffy turned around at the sound of a familiar voice. "Robin?" she asked incredulously. He smiled, stepping closer and embracing her in a hug. "Ohmigod! It’s been so long. What are you doing here?"



"I’m so stuffed!" Darla exclaimed latching onto Angel’s arm as they walked back to his apartment. They’d just come from an expensive restaurant, and Darla had decided to go for appetizers, soup, salad, main course, and dessert. Angel didn’t mind, though. He loved having a girlfriend who wasn’t embarrassed to eat around him.

"Really? You barely ate anything," he teased her.

Darla smacked his stomach playfully. "You had exactly as much as I did!"

"I know, I’m joking!" Angel spotted two people embracing only a few feet ahead of them, a blonde in the shortest skirt he’d ever seen in person and a tall black man. The blonde looked very familiar from the back, and Angel racked his brain trying to think of where he knew her. Maybe one of the prostitutes we helped in the case against that abusive pimp, he thought to himself.

"Is that Buffy?" Darla asked from beside him as they were getting closer. The blonde had just turned her head to give the man a kiss on the cheek, giving them a perfect view of her profile.

Angel’s eyes widened in realization. Buffy, the woman Spike had delusions of marrying, was standing on a busy Los Angeles street corner, kissing and embracing another man. Angel picked up his pace, practically dragging Darla behind him in pursuit of Buffy. When they finally reached the couple, Angel stood silently for a moment trying not to uncharacteristically lash out on the woman who was quickly becoming his friend. "Buffy?" he asked in a darker tone than usual.



Buffy turned around at yet another familiar voice calling her name. What a night for surprises! "Angel! Darla!" she greeted with a huge smile. "What are you guys doing here?"

Angel, who was glaring at Robin, remained silent. "Out for dinner," Darla answered smiling back, hoping Angel was wrong about the situation.

"What about you?" Angel asked finding his voice. "Out on a date?"

Buffy looked confused before realizing what Angel thought. "What? No!" She gestured to Robin. "This is an old friend of mine, Robin. Robin, these are my boyfriend’s friends, Darla and Angel."

Angel let out a sigh of relief as Robin stepped foward to shake his hand. "Nice to meet you," Angel said, the polite tone creeping back into his voice.

Buffy’s hands flew to her hips. "You two thought I was cheating on Spike?"

"Well, uh, we just thought..." Angel’s voice trailed off. "I’m sorry Buffy but all we saw was you and this guy hugging and kissing. We jumped to conclusions."

"We’re sorry," Darla offered, although she hadn’t been completely convinced of Buffy’s guilt like Angel had been.

Buffy’s frown slowly disappeared. She was about to say something when Faith called out to her. "Hey, B! Let’s go, we’re in!"

Buffy smiled apologetically at the three people around her. "Sorry, I’ve gotta run. I’ll tell Spike you said hi," she called before running to catch up with Faith.



It was Thursday night and Buffy was curled up next to Spike on his sofa watching Jerry McGuire. The movie had only come out on video a few months before, but it had quickly become Buffy’s favorite. When Spike had suggested renting movies and staying in, Buffy had immediately agreed and was ecstatic when Spike suggested she pick the movie.

Just as her favorite part was coming up, she felt Spike’s hand caressing her stomach and drifting lower. She smacked his hand lightly, stopping his movements, but keeping his hand in place. "Watch the movie," she ordered. "The best part is coming up."

"You mean there’s actually one good part in this movie?" Spike asked. "It’s about bleedin time!"

Buffy put a finger up to her lips. "Shh!" she quieted him, returning her attention to the movie.

Spike’s hand resumed its ministrations while she was engrossed in the movie. It made its way down to her denim clad mound and began rubbing through her jeans. Buffy pretended not to feel anything, seemingly giving her full attention to the movie and not him.

After getting no response from Buffy, Spike took his hand and shoved it down the front of her jeans. Sliding his hand underneath her panties, he was pleasantly surprised to find her much wetter than she was letting on and wasted no time in driving two fingers into her.

"Oh!" Buffy cried out in surprise. She had expected him to continue teasing her, not dive straight inside.

Spike grinned at her mischievously. "Got your attention, luv?"

Buffy nodded wordlessly. Forgetting all about her favorite film, she tilted her head towards his and kissed him passionately.

Spike pushed her back against the arm of the couch, hovering over her. With his fingers still inside her, he unbuttoned her jeans and slid them down her legs granting him easier access. Soon after adding a third finger, he pulled her thong down and positioned himself lower on her body.

Buffy pushed her jeans and underwear off her legs with her bare feet. She spread her legs wide for Spike, who was now kneeling in between them. Spike brought his head down to where his fingers were already pumping into her and wrapped his mouth around her swollen clit, sucking gently on it.

Buffy’s hips arched against his face, and Spike used his free hand to push her back down onto the couch. "Spike!" Buffy cried between pants. She grabbed his shoulders and pulled him up to kiss her. She started untying his sweat pants. "I want you inside me! Now!"

Spike grinned against her lips. "I am inside you, pet."

Spike moaned as Buffy moved her hand under his pants to take hold of his erection. Her hand left him briefly to strip him of all his clothes. Spike fell to the floor as she frantically pulled his white t-shirt over his head. He hit the carpet with a ‘thud’, but barely had time to get up before a newly naked Buffy was straddling him. Without a moments hesitation Buffy plunged herself down onto his cock.

Spike fondled her breasts as she began to ride him, rolling both of her hardened peaks between his thumbs and forefingers. Spike tried to prolong his climax as Buffy started accelerating her pace. "Oh...God! So...bloody...close!"

Buffy moaned; she loved the feeling of his hands on her breasts. Spike freed one of his hands and reached between them and pinched her clit gently, eliciting more moans and mewls. Buffy came just moments before Spike felt his orgasm beginning.

Spike screamed out her name as he came deep inside her. "Oh, God! I love you so much!" he yelled, still riding out his climax. The words were out of his mouth before he could stop himself. He kept his eyes closed, afraid of what he’d see in hers if he opened them.

Buffy’s heart stopped when she heard him say it. He loves me? she thought excitedly. Or maybe he just said it in the heat of the moment. Oh, God what do I do now? She rolled off Spike laying next to him on the carpet.

Spike felt like a complete ponce. Not only had he declared his love for her at the worst possible time, but she hadn’t said anything back! He rolled onto his side, looking down at her. "Buffy, did you hear me?" Even if she didn’t feel the same way for him, he still wanted her to know how he felt about her.

Buffy nodded.

"I meant it," he assured her. "I love you, Buffy."

A single tear rolled down her cheek at his admission. How could he love her? She was deceiving him on a daily basis, lying to him about everything except for her name. This man loved her. The man she happened to be completely, hopelessly in love with, loved her back.

Spike wiped her cheek with the pad of his thumb. "I love you, too," she said quietly.

Spike leaned down to kiss her. Only then did it hit her. They’d had sex, totally unprotected sex Spike laid back bringing her with him. She rested her head against his chest contemplating on telling him that she had run out of birth control pills and that they had just taken a major risk.

She dismissed the thoughts. It had only been once. She probably still had some of the pill in her system. Lots of people had unprotected sex without getting pregnant. I’ll take it tomorrow and everything will be fine, she assured herself.