Will I ever 2

Spike entered the bathroom, cold can of sprite in his hand and stopped. She was gone. There wasn’t a trace of her in the room. ‘Bloody buggering hell. She just asked me to get her a drink so she could take off…’ The thought left him cold. ‘No. No she wouldn’t have done that. The look in her eyes…’ He turned and left the room, not stopping to think why that would have bothered him now, with her when it hadn’t before with his numerous one-night stands.

Glancing franticly around he watched a young, curvy brunette enter the house. ‘Maybe she went outside to get some fresh air.’ Duster swirling he headed out.

X*X*X*X*X*X*XX*X*X*X*X*X*X

“Sorry to cut your night short.” Faith said softly, leaning in to her boyfriend.

“That’s okay baby. I’m sure you can make it up to me.” He said softly, leaning down to kiss her red painted lips.

“She’s just really trashed…we have to take her back to Liam’s.” Faith entwined her fingers with his. Liam was Faith’s older brother. He turned twenty-four a few days ago, and was engaged to be married next summer.

She waited patiently while Parker said goodbye to his friends, then he followed her to his car.

X*X*X*X*X*X*XX*X*X*X*X*X*X

Spike stood in front of the house, franticly looking left to right. ‘I don’t even know her name. How could I be so bloody stupid?’ Growling in frustration he headed back towards the house.

Parker opened the door and held it, motioning Faith to go first. She smiled at him and walked through, colliding with a bleached blonde wearing a long leather coat.

“Sorry pet, mind’s somewhere else.” He flashed her a pained smile.

“It’s okay.” She acknowledged, moving around him and heading for Parker’s car.

She smiled at Parker as he opened the door for her. “Poor B. She’s not gonna forgive me for a looong time.” Faith grinned. “If Xander finds out I let her get drunk he’s gonna kill me.”

“That’s her twin right?” Parker asked, starting the car and heading to Liam’s.

“More like her jailer.” Her hand slid onto Parker’s thigh. “He scares all the guys away that want to date her, and they hang with the same crowd, nobody would dare get her drunk for fear of Xander’s wrath.”

“But he allowed her to come here un-chaperoned.” Stopping at a light he glanced at his girlfriend.

“Yeah, but it wasn’t his choice. Her dad, and my dad, they’re twins, when we were young, before Buffy’s mom died, we were all really close, so when she told her dad she wanted to come visit me and Liam he let her come for the whole weekend. He had some business here in L.A., he’s going to pick her up when he’s done.”

X*X*X*X*X*X*XX*X*X*X*X*X*X

“Come on B. We’re here.” Faith tried to rouse her cousin. Buffy didn’t move.

“Could you carry her Parker? I don’t think I’m going to be able to wake her up.”

Parker lifted her into his arms and carried her effortlessly to the house. Faith used her key to let him in, and they took her to Faith’s old room. “If you wanna head on in to the living room, I’ll meet you there after I get her changed.”

Parker nodded and kissed her quickly before heading out.

Faith shut the door behind him smiling at his retreating form. They had been together only six months, but so far, they’d been the happiest of Faith’s young life. Faith was the same age as Buffy and Xander, their mother’s were pregnant at the same time, and Faith was born a month before the twins.

Sighing she opened a drawer and pulled out an old pair of her Pajamas. She wasn’t fully moved in with Parker yet, but she had most of her stuff at his apartment, and slept there most nights.

Faith dressed Buffy in the long sleep shirt, leaving her skirt on. She tucked the covers around the sleeping girl. “Night B. I hope you’re not in too bad of shape in the morning.” Faith grinned before heading out to reward her man for being such a sweetie.

X*X*X*X*X*X*XX*X*X*X*X*X*X

She felt like shit. Pure and simple, getting smashed the night before left her with a killer hangover.

Buffy rolled over and curled herself into a ball. ‘Uuhhhhhh I am never drinking again.’ She rubbed her hands over her eyes and moaned quietly. ‘I guess I’d better get up. I don’t want to waste my whole weekend of freedom.’

She got sluggishly up from the bed and looked down at herself. She was surprised to see she was wearing one of Faith’s sleep shirts. Suddenly feeling the need to pee she made her way to the small bathroom on the other side of the room.

She pulled her underwear down her tanned legs and sat down, glancing at her underwear that was resting between her knees she noticed a small smudge of blood against the white cotton, and remembered why she was so sore ‘down there.’

Tears came to her eyes as she remembered the intense feelings the bleached blonde stranger evoked in her. She closed her eyes remembering the sensations of his hands on her, lifting her legs to clasp around his waist. The way his lips caressed hers, those same hands fisting in her hair, the look in his eyes when he thrust into her for the first time. And then his voice, the way it made her bones vibrate, almost more than the tender words he was speaking.

‘Oh god! What did I do? How could I let myself do that?’ She let the tears fall. She wanted to scream. She’d always promised herself she would only give herself to her husband, and her husband would be the only one. Ever. One drunken night and she had thrown her inhibitions to the wind and had sex against a bathroom door.

As she came to the realization there was a knock at the bathroom door. “Hey B. How ya feeling?” Faith hollered.

Buffy didn’t answer, as the silent tears rolled down her cheeks.

“You okay in there B?” Faith knocked again. “If you don’t answer me I’m coming in.” She warned.

“Okay. I’m okay.” Buffy murmured, trying to hide the fact that she was crying.

“Let’s go get a slurpee, they’re great for hangovers.”

“Okay. I’ll be out in a minute.” Buffy sighed. She washed her face and drew her hair up into a ponytail.

When she entered the room she grinned. Faith was holding out a pair of sunglasses and a baseball cap, with ‘Rock Star’ emblazoned on the front in bright fuchsia.

She dug her sweat pants and an oversized t-shirt out of her bag. “I’ll meet you downstairs. Don’t worry, no one else is home right now and Parker’s gone home.” She shut the door behind herself.

X*X*X*X*X*X*XX*X*X*X*X*X*X

“Oh my god! William.” She screeched as she threw the door wide and jumped into his arms.

“Hey Bit.” He hugged her back.

“I can’t believe you remembered.” Dawn chattered excitedly.

“Course I remembered Bit, s’not every day one’s baby sister turns sixteen.” Spike smiled. “N’ I thought I told you I didn’t want to be called that poncey name anymore.”

“Pfft.” She grinned and rolled her eyes. “I happen to like your name butthead.”

“Want to go get a slurpee?” He asked.

“Like when I was little and you’d take me?” She asked excitedly.

“Yeah, but this time I’ll let you pour your own.” He offered holding his elbow out to her.

Dawn hooked her arm in his, and they were off.

X*X*X*X*X*X*XX*X*X*X*X*X*X

“I missed you, you know.” She didn’t mean to eaves drop, she really didn’t. But when she saw him at the slurpee machine, with a girl hanging all over him she just had to know.

“Missed you too.” That was it. The same voice. It gave her the exact same feeling.

“I wish we could see each other more.” Buffy could feel her stomach clenching in knots. The girl placed her head on his shoulder. ‘They’re perfect for each other. They’re almost the same height.’ Buffy groaned inwardly.

“So do I Bit. You know I love you right? And you know you’ll be coming to live with me when I move.” Buffy felt tears spring to her eyes. ‘He loves someone else? How could he do that with me if he’s in love with her?’ She choked back a sob.

“I know. I love you too Will.” She couldn’t take it anymore. Buffy ran, or tried to run. She bumped right into Faith.

“Whoa B. What’s up? You look like you’ve seen a ghost.” Faith asked, placing a steadying hand on Buffy’s arm.

“Don’t feel so good. I’ll have 7up.” She mumbled pushing past her and making her way outside.

X*X*X*X*X*X*XX*X*X*X*X*X*X

“Whoa. What’s up ‘Bea’? You look like you’ve seen a ghost.” He glanced behind him, only because he recognized the voice. It was the girl from the party, the one he’s bumped into. But that’s not what made his jaw drop. it was her!

“Don’t feel so good. I’ll have a 7up.” Even though she mumbled, he knew it was her.

“Here Bit. You pay for the drinks, get anything you want. I’ll be right back.” He said softly, he turned on his heal and followed ‘Bea’ out.

TBC…