Thank you do much for the reviews, it’s nice to know that a few of you are enjoying it.

Thanks to Spuffyshippah for the awesome beta

Will I ever 3

Buffy stared down in shock, hoping, praying, waiting for a change she knew wouldn’t come. ‘No. No I can’t be. The test is wrong.’ She glanced at the little white clock she had placed on the counter earlier, and was shocked to see that almost two hours had passed. For almost two hours she sat staring at the stick in her hand that changed her life.

With tears in her eyes she opened a second test. Fumbling she ripped open the package and followed the directions. Her heart was beating wildly in her chest as she waited the required five minutes, even though the test showed positive after only one minute.

‘Oh god. What are we gonna do baby?’ She wondered, absently rubbing her still flat stomach. ‘I can’t tell him. I don’t even know where to find him.’

X*X*X*X*X*X*X*XX*X*X*X*X*X*X

“I know you’re not happy Bit, but it’s the best opportunity for me. Sides, you should see the house I bought.”

“But Will, Sunnydale? I thought we were going to stay in L.A.” Dawn whined.

“I know you did, but you can see your friends on weekends, you can have them down, to stay at our place…”

“It’s just not fair, having to go to a new school…”

“But it’s a new school that’ I’ll be teaching at. Sides, would you rather go with Jenny and Dad?”

“No, I don’t want to go to England, but when we planned this…”

“When we planned this Bit, I didn’t have a job and our parents weren’t moving to another country.”

X*X*X*X*X*X*X*XX*X*X*X*X*X*X

Crawling into bed she pulled a blanket over herself and thought about the last time she saw him. William. The father of the child growing inside of her.

“Bea…” He called following her out of the 711.

“How dare you even talk to me?” She whirled on him, fury burning in her emerald eyes.

“I…What?” He asked, confusion marring his perfect face.

“I don’t ever want to see you again. William.”

“But I…”

“Don’t. Ever. Fucking. Talk. To. Me. Again.” She growled venomously. ‘How dare he come out her after me with his girlfriend still inside the store.’

“Bea…please…I want to apologize…” He wanted to tell her how sorry he was for taking her virginity in the bathroom at a party, he wanted to tell her she deserved batter, and that he wanted to give her what she deserved.

“Fuck you.” She turned and started walking again.

He stood there in shock, staring after her, watching her and her dark haired friend walk away until Dawn tapped him on the shoulder. “Trying to catch flies?” She asked.

“Huh?”

“Standing here with your mouth hanging open, watching those two girls walk away? Who is she?”

“I don’t want to talk about it.” He murmured sadly.

“What did she do, turn you down?” Dawn teased.

He looked at her, his eyes stormy and sad, not saying a word.

“I’m sorry Will. I didn’t mean to…”

“Do you believe in love at first sight?” He shocked her by asking.

“Yeah…of course I do…look at Mom and Dad…Your Mom died, Dad came here with a two year old looking for a new start, met Mom, and they were married two months later, Twenty years later they’re still together…He always says he fell in love with her at first sight.”

Spike nodded, saying nothing, and led Dawn home lost in thought.

**********

“So what was that all about?” Faith asked when they had walked far enough away from the gorgeous blonde.

“What do you mean?” Buffy asked innocently.

“Ya can’t shit a shitter B. What was up with you and the hottie?”

“We met at the party last night…and I just found out he has a girlfriend.”

“I’m sorry B. That sucks, but at least you found out now, before you slept with him.” Faith didn’t notice the blush creeping up her cousin’s face.


X*X*X*X*X*X*X*XX*X*X*X*X*X*X

“Buff?” Xander called pounding on her bedroom door.

“Sleeping. Go away!” She rolled over, pulling the blanket up over her head.


“What are you still doing in bed? Don’t you start work today?”

She opened one eye and glanced at the alarm clock on her nightstand. ‘Shit!’ She groaned and rolled over. “I’m up.” She called to her brother. Hearing him clomp down the stairs in his work boots she sat up. ‘Mistake.’ Her stomach rebelled instantly. She ran for the bathroom and made it just in time.

X*X*X*X*X*X*X*XX*X*X*X*X*X*X

“M’ I drivin’ you home after school?” Spike asked opening the passenger door for Dawn.

“I don’t know yet. Depends if I make any friends or not.” She pouted. “I’ll stop by your classroom at lunch and let you know.”

Spike nodded. He knew she was upset with the relocation, so he’d waited until the last possible moment to move. They’d only been in the house for three nights, enough time to unpack, but not enough time to explore the town yet.

X*X*X*X*X*X*X*XX*X*X*X*X*X*X

Buffy’s morning at work went surprisingly well. She only saw two students, one of which was a guy asking her on a date, the other was a young girl who was troubled by a guy teasing her.

Buffy sighed as the lunch bell rang. She picked up her purse and made her way towards the teachers lounge.

X*X*X*X*X*X*X*XX*X*X*X*X*X*X

“So, can I eat lunch in here with you today?” Dawn asked, her blue eyes shining with unshed tears.

“What happened?” Spike asked pulling her into his arms. Dawn went willingly.

“I talked to this guy who was apparently the most popular guy in school, and he’s dating the captain of the cheerleading squad who bit my head off. Needless to say no one would talk to me.”

“It’s your first morning Bit. It’ll get better I promise…”

“I know…I just don’t want to face them all at lunch.”

“Okay. We can eat in here. But it’s today only. Okay?”

“Yeah. I’ll face them at lunch tomorrow…”

X*X*X*X*X*X*X*XX*X*X*X*X*X*X

As Buffy walked by Spike’s classroom she saw him take ‘his girlfriend’ into his arms and comfort her. She wanted to scream. She wanted to go in there and tell him she was pregnant and watch him squirm, but she wouldn’t. With tears in her eyes she changed destinations and spent her lunch hour in the teachers washroom instead of the teachers lounge.

X*X*X*X*X*X*X*XX*X*X*X*X*X*X

Buffy was startled when Principal Wood knocked on her door shortly after lunch. “Yes?” She called as he poked his head in.

“I have two girls here who were fighting, I thought maybe we could get to the bottom of it together…could you come to my office?”

“Sure.” She smiled easily and followed him into his office.

“This is Dawn Giles, and Harmony Kendal. Girls, this is Buffy Summers, she is one of our guidance counselors.

They both glanced at her and Buffy surveyed the damage. Dawn had a small cut on her lip, but other than that looked fine. Harmony on the other hand, had a black eye forming, crusted blood around one nostril, and blood covering the front of her shirt.

“What happened girls?” Buffy asked gently.

“She’s a man stealing bitch!” Harmony shouted.

“Quit being so over dramatic, for cripes sake.” Dawn rolled her eyes.

“Dawn just moved here.” Principal Wood supplied.

“Okay Dawn, what happened?” Buffy asked, realizing Harmony would only want to throw mud.

“I was sitting in Math minding my own business, her boyfriend came up and invited me to sit with them all at lunch and she had a fit, so I stayed out of the lunch room. Then, this afternoon I was in the library studying during my free period and he talked to me again. Harmony went bonkers and attacked me. I defended myself.” Buffy smiled, there was something familiar about Dawn, her hair was up in a loose bun, and she was wearing a t-shirt with ‘Spoiled rotten’ emblazoned on the front. She smiled at Buffy, and Buffy liked her instantly.

“She’s just a big ho bag and she is trying to steal my boyfriend!” Harmony screeched.

“Puh-leaze!” Dawn made a face. “Parker Abrahms is NOT someone I would consider boyfriend material.”

“Are you insulting my boyfriend?” Harmony practically growled, clenching her fists.

“I’m just saying, I don’t want him. But if I did I guarantee you I could get him.” Dawn smirked at Harmony.

Harmony screeched and lunged at Dawn, toppling the chair she was sitting on. Dawn grabbed her wrists and held them away from her face, head butting Harmony and causing her nose to bleed again.

“YOU BITCH!” Harmony screamed, trying to scratch at Dawn, who was smirking at her and still holding her by the wrists.

Principal Wood was around his desk instantly pulling Harmony off of Dawn. “That is IT! I’m calling your parents Harmony! And Dawn, I am calling your brother.”

That wiped the smirk off of Dawn’s face. “He’s in class right now.” Dawn said softly.

Buffy helped Dawn to her feet as Principal Wood helped Harmony to a chair and handed her a box of Kleenex.

The girls sat quietly as Principal Wood called Harmony’s mother and asked her to come down to the school. He then pressed the intercom button and asked ‘Miss Chase.’ His Secretary to page Mr. Giles and have someone cover his class for him.

Buffy stood silently between the girls, waiting to see what Principal Wood wanted her to do.

A few minutes later there was a knock at the door. “Buffy would you?” Principal Wood nodded towards the door.

Flashing him a quick smile she opened the door. There stood William, looking unbelievably delicious.

Buffy could feel darkness creeping up on her, dizziness was taking over. She held the door tighter as she felt herself falling.

Instantly Spike was on the move, catching her before she fell. He carried her over to the couch and laid her gently on the cool leather. “Bea?” He whispered softly. He wanted to lean over and kiss her awake, like in a fairytale.

He glanced around and noticed that Dawn and another girl, Harmony something, from one of his classes were staring at him. “What’s going on here?” He asked.

“Harmony and Dawn have been fighting, Miss Summers is a guidance councilor here and she was helping me to figure it all out, I don’t know what happened, why she passed out, but I did call you here to talk about Dawn.

Spike glanced at Buffy again. “Her color’s okay…” He stroked her cheek softly. Buffy’s eyes fluttered open and she smiled up at him.

Spike fell in love all over again. As soon as Buffy realized she was not dreaming, that William really was sitting on the edge of the couch she was laying on, in her boss’s office she scowled at him.

“Are you okay Kitten?” He asked, concerned.

“I’m fine.” She said softly, sitting up, trying to get away from him.

“Are you okay Buffy?” Principal Wood asked, he was suddenly standing beside the couch. She smiled up at him and nodded. “Sorry…I didn’t eat anything at lunch…”

“You should eat luv.” Spike said softly.

She glared at him. “Don’t tell me what to do.” She snapped, getting up from the couch.

They were interrupted by another knock at the door. Principal Wood opened the door. “Mommy!!!” Harmony sobbed throwing herself into her mother’s arms.

“Oh Baby. What happened?” She cooed rubbing her daughters back and staring questioningly at the Principal.

“Harmony and Dawn had an altercation.” He supplied.

“Well I want her suspended.”

“If one gets suspended they both do.” He said calmly.

“But Harmony didn’t do anything.” Mrs. Kendal cried.

“You have no idea what happened, how can you say that?” Buffy asked.

“I know my daughter. She would never…”

“She attacked Dawn right here in the office.” Buffy defended her.

Spike watched Buffy as she defended his sister. He wanted to take her in his arms and hold on to her for dear life.

Mrs. Kendal finally relented when she was told that if the girls were suspended Harmony would also be suspended from cheerleading.

Getting a promise form both girls that it wouldn’t happen again Principal Wood was fine with giving them both a warning.

X*X*X*X*X*X*X*XX*X*X*X*X*X*X

“Buffy was so cool. Did you see how she stood up to Harmony’s mom.” Dawn bounced along happily towards Spike’s car.

“Yeah, I saw it.” Spike smirked.

Dawn pulled the elastic out of her hair and ran her fingers through it. “I think she’s cool…” Dawn’s eyes got wide. “She was the girl!”

“What girl?”

“The one outside the 711, Will it was her…you…”

“Dawn…” Spike warned, instantly making her zip her lip. He only called her Dawn when he was serious.

Fine. She wouldn’t bring it up again. But he didn’t say she couldn’t talk to Buffy. Dawn smiled to herself and hopped into the car.

X*X*X*X*X*X*X*XX*X*X*X*X*X*X

She contemplated calling in sick, she felt that horrible. She wouldn’t though. Buffy made sure to eat something, and made her way to work.

She was sitting at her desk, going over files for the students she would see when there was a soft tap at the door. Opening slowly it revealed a teary eyed Dawn.

“Hey Dawn, come on in. What’s wrong?” Buffy asked, motioning to a chair for Dawn to sit in she perched on the edge of her desk.

“My brother is driving me nuts.” Dawn sniffed for good measure, staring down at the carpet.

“What do you mean?”

“Well…he…I think he met someone…about two months ago…he asked me if I believed in love at first sight, and now…I don’t know I think something happened, cause all he’s doing is moping around…well he was, until yesterday. I haven’t seen him that happy since…well since my birthday…we went to 711...”

“What happened yesterday?” Buffy asked. Her mouth was dry, palms sweating, heart pounding in her chest. ‘Love at first sight?’

“He saw you.” Dawn said softly, her eyes rose to meet Buffy’s.

X*X*X*X*X*X*X*XX*X*X*X*X*X*X

TBC