Chapter 14- Awakenings



“Spike, if you weren’t here I would have thought I was crazy.”

Buffy looked down at her swollen stomach; she looked 6 months pregnant.

“Soddin’ prophecy.”

Spike knew the second the words flew out of his mouth that they came out the wrong way. The slayer could barely hold the tears from falling out of her eyes. Quickly, he turned her to him and held her face.

“Luv, I’m just concerned for your health. It can’t be good for your body – slayer powers or not! Just don’t want any harm to come to you and the nibblet.”

“Sorry Spike. I don’t mean to get all emotional, you know it’s just I’m super preggo now and I have all these crazy hormones all of a sudden.”

“Suppose we should back to your mum and friends.”

Buffy panicked. Everyone knew about the prophecy, but they sure did not expect her to come back looking pregnant. She tensed up and pulled the sheet up to cover herself.

Spike felt her tense up. He knew it was one thing for everyone to condone their actions for the sake of Christmas and puppies. It was another for folks to see reality.

Moreover, would they try to take him from his Slayer?

“Spike, no matter what I’m going to stay with you. I want our baby to have a family, as unconventional as it will be. I know my friends are going to give us a hard time, but I want to be with you.”

Spike pulled the tiny slip of a girl into his arms and close to his chest and gently kissed her lips.

“Pet, if this is what the Powers want; I don’t think the Scoobies will be able to stop it. You’re my mate, my love, my girl and I protect what is mine. C’mon luv, let’s get up and get dressed so we can go face the music.”

“But I don’t have any clothes?”

“Look in the closet pet. I brought us some things just in case.”

If they had not grown so close over the past two days, she would have normally snapped back at him for expecting they would have gone to bed together. Besides, she was still glowing from his possessive words a moment ago. ‘His mate’ she thought, ‘love the way that sounds.’

Now, with the little one inside her belly, she would have to put her insecurities and bitchy remarks aside. She did not want any negative feelings going to her child, especially if they related to Spike.

She went through the overnight bag, and luckily found a pair of oversized sweatpants that would do the trick. Her shirt though, was not quite big enough to fit over her new belly.

“Spike, I need one of your t-shirts; my stomach is too big!”

“Sure, luv. Now hurry we need to get out of here before sunrise!”

Buffy grabbed her clothes and toiletries, and rushed off to the bathroom to tidy up. Spike just sat back and admired his mate.

‘She’s so beautiful in the morning!’

Before she closed the door, she noticed the big, wide grin on her love’s face.

“What’s got you all happy?”

“You love. Just looking at how beautiful you are. Now move it before I bring you back in here and have my wicked way with you!”

Buffy quickly slammed the door, and turned the shower on. Her mate slowly moved one of his hands down under the sheets to take care of his painfully hard erection.


~~~~~~


Back at Casa de Summers, things were quiet. Joyce was asleep in her room, Giles in the guest room, and the Scoobies, minus Xander, were all downstairs. Cordy snuggled in the chair and on the couch, Oz held Willow tightly in his arms.

Oz had not slept too much. He knew this was a rare moment where he would be able to hold the girl he loved as she slept. Gently, he stroked her red hair away from her face. Willow’s eyes fluttered open as she woke up to her lover’s gentle touch.

“Mmm. Hi.”

“Hey yourself.”

“Buffy come back with Spike yet?”

“Not yet Will. Don’t worry; I’m sure everything worked out well between them.”

Willow thought for a moment. If Buffy could be happy with Spike, well then she would be happy for her. After all, the prophecy did say she had to have his child.

Oz looked at Willow, as she was lost in thought. He wondered what could have her so perplexed since she only just awoke.

“Oh, no Xander!”

“Shh. Will, there is nothing we can do right now.”

“Are you sure? We have to try. We can go rescue him when the sun comes up?”

Oz wrapped his arms tighter around his girl. He knew it must be hard for her to just sit tight while her best friend was in the clutches of a madman.

“Willow, look at me. There isn’t one of us in this house right now that doesn’t want to go and save Xander. We all know our limits though, and even together there is nothing we can do to get by Angelus.”

“I know, but I can hope, right?”

“Of course.”

Willows eyes closed as sleep overtook her.

Oz was happy just to have a few more hours of peace with her in his arms. He thought about Buffy and Spike. He knew they would have some challenges ahead of them. Xander would be least accepting of their newfound happiness, and Giles would probably lecture her about her sacred duty.

He did not need to wait until they got back to find out if she was pregnant or if they would be happy together. Oz just knew. He wondered if they would bond together strong enough that they would take each other as mates right way.

Now that he thought would be interesting.

All of his pondering led to once conclusion. No matter how they came back, mates or not, he would support them all the way.






Chapter 15 - Protection



Buffy came out of the shower with her hair returned to its usual blonde state. Spike loved the black streaks in her hair from the night before, but he preferred his Goldilocks the way she usually presented herself. She looked beautiful with her belly swollen and his t-shirt covering her top.



Simply put, she was effulgent.



The mother of his child, his mate, his great love; Spike would protect them both forever.



Buffy noticed the way he was looking at her. She never felt so much adoration for another being. He was the father of the babe inside of her. She gently rubbed her stomach and smiled.



“Luv, ready to head off to your mates now? We haven’t got much time, and I don’t fancy leaving the little bit with a container of dust for a daddy.”



Buffy did not like the thought of being mated to a jar of dust. It certainly would not give her many happies. She threw her hair back into a high ponytail on her head, and placed a kiss on her mate’s cheek.



“I think I’m as ready as I’m going to be. Let’s go.”



Spike inhaled the scent of vanilla that fragranced her hair and skin. He hugged her close to his body, then placing a kiss on the top of her head as he released her. Spike grabbed their overnight bag and his mate’s hand as they left the room. Luckily, the estate was empty so they were able to avoid any questions about Buffy’s pregnancy.



Buffy was sad to leave their haven. For once, there had been no slaying, no worries about Angelus. In fact, it had been the best night of her life, and it would be quite some time before things could be that good again.



The Slayer drew in a deep breath. She was grateful to the powers that fuck with people’s lives that this time they fucked with hers the right way. She also realized she better let the master vamp waiting for her to get a move on, that she was thankful to him to.



Spike put the overnight bag on the ground as he rushed to open the door of the Jeep for Buffy. She turned around and cupped his cheek in her hand, then looked up into his blue eyes.



“Spike, I just want you to know that last night was the best night of my life. I appreciated the entire evening and all the effort you went through. Thank you.”



Before he could speak, she leaned in and kissed him lightly on the lips. She turned out of his arms and began to step up into the Jeep. She let out a scream as she lost her footing and began to fall backwards.



Safely landing into the strong arms of her vampire love. For the first time since his turning, Spike had truly been scared. He had not panicked a tenth as much when a mob in Prague attacked Dru.



“Silly me, I’m not used to having to balance with a belly here!”



Buffy laughed it off, but she knew he could sense her heart beating a mile a minute.



“‘M glad I was here to catch you. If you’re having a little trouble getting into the car, you should probably think about not slaying.”



Spike shut the door before she could start to protest. He knew that she would not dare step out of the SUV for fear of losing her balance. He walked around, sat in the driver’s seat, turned the vehicle on and began to make his way out of the estate. Spike braced himself for the protest that he was sure to hear any second from the Slayer. She surprised him with what actually came out of her mouth.



“Your right. I shouldn’t be slaying, but how am I going to protect our child from Angelus?”



“Bloody hell, I was so concerned for you and the sprout that I forgot about the sodden poofter.”



They exited the gates of the estate and began to make their way back into Sunnydale. Spike became so lost in thought about dealing with the Angelus issue; he clearly had forgotten whose car he was driving when tried to knock down the “Welcome to Sunnydale” sign.



“Spike, no!”



Buffy unsuccessfully reached over to try to grab the wheel from him.



“What are you doing you crazy bint?”



“If you dent my mom’s car she’ll blame me!”



“Oh Fuck!”



Spike came back to reality and quickly veered the Jeep back onto the road before he could inflict any damage to it. He noticed the Slayer’s quickened heartbeat and scolded himself for doing something so stupid that could possible hurt his love and child even if it was only the wrath of Joyce. Buffy definitely did not need any more stress in her life, and he certainly knew he should not add to it. Spike was again broken from his reverie with the sound of Buffy’s voice.



“We need to attack now, before I get too weak and uncoordinated. I know you don’t want me to get hurt Spike, but who else can fight off Angelus except for us? We still have to figure out how to deal with Acathla.”



“Buffy, I don’t want you getting hurt! Damn it, you’re already pretty uncoordinated with nibblet in ya.”



“So we train first. You and me.”



“You crazy bint, if you think I’m gonna spar with you, your off your soddin’ rocker. You can’t put me in a position to hurt our bit, ‘s not right.”



Spike regretted his words to her when he saw the tears in her eyes. He should have remembered with pregnancy comes crazy hormones. It was not her fault he was a nervous daddy; insecure about his ability to provide her with the training she needed without hurting her.



“Sorry luv, your right. Your gonna end up having to fight with the sprog in you, so its best you get used to coordinating yourself. I’d rather you get warmed up with me than with Angelus.”



Buffy looked at Spike with relief. She let the tears roll down her checks that she had been fighting. Gently, Spike reached over and wiped them away. Buffy knew he could be stubborn, but she just did not want to drag out the discussion and waste needless energy arguing. The more worked up she became over the fight; the more she anticipated that he would have more than the words he had used.



Buffy knew she better gently remind him about her hormones, hoping that he would not take her overreacting the wrong way. If there was one thing, they would need for sure in the fight against Angelus it would be their confidence in each other.



“Thanks Spike, I appreciate your understanding. I’m sorry about the tears a moment ago. Just thank the preggo hormones for them.”



Spike reached over and squeezed her hand. He pulled the Jeep onto Revello Drive, and slowly drove towards 1630. He sensed her heart beat quickening again. This was going to be one of the toughest moments in her life. He could not imagine being a teenage girl showing up pregnant at her mother’s door.



Especially when the father was a very old master vampire, known as the Big Bad; one that was surely wrapped around the finger of a very powerful slayer.



“Luv, you sure you’re ready?”



Buffy turned to him and placed her hand on his shoulder. She gave her mate a gentle smile, filled with love.



“With you by my side, yes I’m sure.”




~~~~~~




Angelus walked back into the room where he kept Xander. He let a low growl out as an announcement of his presence. Angelus stayed towards the outskirts of the room, but his eyes stayed focused on his prisoner’s body.



Xander came too and realized he was feeling strangely…fine? He knew he should have been sore from the treatment he received from Angel, but he wasn’t. No pain at all. He felt a strange confidence about him he had not had before.



Then he remembered the brief moment he had with Dru the night before.



‘Shit! Shit! Shit!’ Xander thought, ‘she vamped me.’



It took a moment to realize his heart was still beating therefore he had not been vamped.



‘She healed me. Strange, thought she would have drained me as her nummy treat. Won’t look a gift horse in the mouth.’



Xander received a stern response from Angelus when he let out a chuckle.



“Boy, what did I tell you about disrespecting me?”



Xander looked up quickly when he realized he was not alone in the room. The shocked look on Angelus’ face was priceless.



Angelus could not believe his eyes. There was no fucking way that boy should have recovered so quickly. Angelus inhaled deeply, and smelled the leftover magicks that permeated through the room.



“Boy, I don’t know what kind of witch you are, but that won’t stop me from beating on you today. Pretty soon you’ll be calling me ‘Daddy.’”



Xander became very worried as Angelus began to move closer. He shut his eyes in preparation for the torture to come.



All that came out was the anguished cry of a master vampire who clearly was not going to get to be called “Daddy”, at least from Xander.



“Boy, you better hope you have strong magicks protecting you, because when I get this barrier spell down I’m going to rip you to shreds.”



Angelus pounded the invisible barrier a few more times before storming out of the room.



Xander thanked the Powers That Be. Whatever Drusilla had done to protect him, he would freely accept. Hopefully, Buffy would come and save him soon.



Hugs to all of you so kind to leave a review!!! It soo boosts my self confidence and makes me happy!!!!


Special Thanks to Meli - give her cheers y'all, she the one who does the great job reviewing and fixing my grammar!

I know some folks are kinda all weirded out by Buffy's becoming the equivalent of being six months pregnant overnight. I'm taking creative liberties with the fact that it's mystical and if it's mystical, anything is possible!





Chapter 16- Quiet Time




Angel had stormed out of the room holding Xander. He was frustrated by the fact that every time he had a plan, something got in the way.

He had hoped that last night would have been the night Acathla would have awoken, but his lackeys brought home a prize instead of the answer to Acathla. This added further complications to his plan for death and destruction.

So he dusted the two minions that had failed in their charge and gave the task to two more. This time, he picked a couple of bookworms whom were clearly more suited to the task.

As long as his errant childer and that damn slayer did not get in the way, the ritual would be done at dusk when he rose from his sleep. A day’s delay was no big deal considering the world was going to be completely eviscerated.

Angel felt the dawn approaching. He made his way through the mansion to his bed where he would sleep for the night.





~~~~~~





Spike helped Buffy get out of the Jeep. He was still amazed that a mystical pregnancy could accelerate the womb time so quickly, but who was he to argue with the Powers That Be. He took his leather coat off and wrapped it around the Slayer.

Buffy eagerly accepted the coat. She realized that her obvious pregnancy was going to be a shock, but it would be nice to get into the house first. She took Spike’s cool hand and they walked up to the door together.

They stood for a few moments, until Spike broke the silence.

“Luv, I feel the dawn on my back. I’m gonna be ashes if we don’t head in now.”

Buffy took a deep breath and unlocked the door. Luckily, everyone seemed to be sleeping. She did a quick scan of the room and accounted for all of the Scoobies except Xander. ‘Perhaps he was up sleeping in her room or the guest room,’ she thought. ‘Mom definitely had Giles up in one of those rooms, so it only makes sense Xander would be up there.”

Spike inhaled deeply. He inwardly cursed himself; he should have recognized the mix of the scent of his bloodline and fear. The scent of the bloodline told him they were just lackeys. The fear seemed to come from everyone in the room.

Now his he had to figure out which one of the Scooby scents were the faintest, and he would know whom the minions took.




~~~~~~




Oz had been asleep when he couple had entered. It did not take long for him to become aware of their presence in the home.

To say he was shocked would have been an overstatement for the usually stoic man, but for once, he really was.

‘They mated. Incredible. Would not have expected it so soon.’

Oz smiled to himself and settled back into sleep. A few more hours of sleep was all he needed, just to appreciate the peace and quiet before all hell broke loose.




~~~~~~





Buffy wandered upstairs to her bedroom with her mate. Spike pulled back the covers to the bed and gently helped the Slayer climb in. He pulled the shades down and drew the drapes closed. He climbed into bed with Buffy, spooning her closely to him.

“Love you Goldilocks,” he whispered in her ear.

“Love you too Spike, always,” she murmured back to him.

Sleep overtook the Slayer first, which granted Spike extra time to watch and hold his mate. Even more so, he listened to the extra heartbeat coming from her. He knew once the situation with Angelus was over, they would have trials ahead but in comparison, they would be trivial.

He knew they could weather any situation as long as they had each other. He swore as her mate to protect her and their nibblet.

Their nibblet who would need a name, although he was sure that whatever proper moniker the baby was given it would not be used as often as the nicknames he would give it. Spike smiled at thought of picking out names for his love child with the Slayer.

Buffy understood the claim, but the Victorian man inside him did not want his child to be born out of wedlock. He made a note to see to it that he had the proper paperwork arranged, and then he would ask her to make their relationship legal in the eyes of the State of California.

No sprog of his was going to be made fun of because their mum was single.

Spike fell asleep thinking of all the ways he would propose to her, and their wedding under the stars.




~~~~~~





Giles came downstairs first. He noted the children, well young adults, were still sleeping. Hoping to catch some moments of peace and quiet, he went into the kitchen. He started a kettle for tea, and some coffee for everyone else.

He was deep in thought when he looked up to see Oz sitting across from him at the breakfast bar. It was also then that he could see Joyce’s Jeep out the window.

“Good Morning Oz. I may be as bold to ask when did they come home and why was I not awoken?”

“Nice way to kill the peace and quiet I was hoping for Giles. They came home 30 minutes ago. Mornin’ to you too by the way.”

“Sorry Oz,” Giles replied apologetically “I’m just nervous for Buffy.”

“Well, I’m nervous for them both and how everyone here will treat them.”

“Well she is having a baby, albeit spawn of William the Bloody, we have to treat her with dignity.”

“And what of the baby’s father?”

“He’s served his purpose, of course after he helps with Angelus.”

“After that?”

“He leaves or he’s dust.”

“Then you’re going to have a problem with your Slayer.”

“What makes you say that Oz?”

Giles was becoming impatient with the game of twenty questions. Clearly, the boy knew something monumental and was trying find out what his own position would be on such situation.

“If you kill him or separate him from her, she’ll die of heartache.”

“Dear Lord, whatever do you mean? The girl understands that this is part of her sacred duty.”

Oz felt his temper flaring. He was loosing patience with Giles lack of understanding. Oz felt it was in the best interest of Buffy and Spike to reveal the mating now. This would give Giles time to digest it, save Buffy from heartache and Spike from an unwarranted dusting.

“Giles, they’ve mated.”

“Well silly they had to according to the prophecy, in order to have the child.”

“Giles, get out of denial land. I’m telling you that they have mated, as in forever, as in demon marriage.”

Giles fell off the stool he was on, and passed out, but not without a “dear lord” slipping from his lips.




~~~~~~





Joyce had smelled the coffee aroma that had permeated through the air. She was just contemplating getting out of bed when she heard a thud from downstairs. She quickly was up to run downstairs to find out about the commotion, when she noticed her daughter’s bedroom door was almost closed.

Knowing she had not left it that way before she went to bed, she slowly approached the door to peek through the crack.

She smiled as she saw her daughter in her bed, with Spike’s arms wrapped around her.

Joyce blinked her eyes rapidly and did a double take. Spike arms were wrapped around her daughter’s swollen and clearly impregnated stomach.

“Oh my!” Joyce murmured before she too passed out.

Buffy slept through her mother’s reaction, but Spike had woken up in time to hear Joyce. Then he noticed that the covers had slid down, revealing Buffy’s state.

Unknowingly, Oz and Spike simultaneously sighed. They were both thinking that the time for peace had come and gone so quickly.



Chapter 17 – Eye-Openers




After hearing the succession of thuds in her house, Buffy immediately sat straight up in her bed.

“What was that?”

“Well luv, it seems your mom peeked in and noticed her daughter in bed with a vampire.”

“Oh. That’s it?”

“Buffy, we kicked the covers off. It made the fact that you’re with child obvious.”

“Oh.”

Buffy paused for a moment and realized that Spike was saying her mom realized she was pregnant.

“Oh my god. Oh, Shit. I wasn’t ready to deal with this yet!”

“Don’t worry love, I’ve got you.”

Buffy melted into Spike’s embrace. Then she remembered the other thud she heard.

“Spike, I heard another thud downstairs. If Mom hadn’t made it down there to share the news, how could someone else have passed out? Were you awake before me?”

“I was just as knackered as you were luv, didn’t hear a thing.”

“Can you carry Mom downstairs? We can see what happened down there and get this over with now so maybe we can go back to sleep.”

“Only if I can curl up with my Goldilocks.”

“You’ll be the only one curling up with me Spike.”

Spike brushed a kiss against her cheek, and then rose from their bed. ‘Their bed sounds nice. Once this is all over with we’ll have to get a place of our own so we can truly call it our bed.’

Spike was grateful he had left his jeans on instead of going commando. He knew his manly bits were a fine specimen of the male anatomy, but he did not fancy his mate’s mom getting a peak at them. He pulled his t-shirt over his head and let it fall to cover his sculptured body.

He reached a hand out to Buffy to assist her out of the bed. It seemed she was learning fast that it was in her best interest to accept help instead of being a martyr for women’s rights. She placed her tiny hand in his as he gently pulled her up into his arms.

“Thanks Spike. Not sure if I would have kept my balance without you.”

“Anything for my girl. So what do you say I carry your mum down, and you follow?”

“Sounds good to me. Let me just put my robe on first. It will buy us five minutes before the shit hits the fan.”

Spike placed a kiss on her head and pulled back. He looked into her eyes as he stroked her hair.

“Smart idea, pet. Hope the nibblet gets your brains!”

Buffy smiled back at Spike. She still could not believe how quickly they had gone from mortal enemies to mates, but it did not matter. It only mattered that she loved him.

“I love you Spike.”

“I love you Buffy.”

She slowly stepped out of their embrace to retrieve her robe. Spike helped her put it on, even tying the front for her.

“Time to wage our first battle of the day pet.”

Spike scooped Joyce up into his arms and made his way downstairs. Buffy made sure she followed behind him as closely as possible. She could smell the aroma of the coffee. At least she could enjoy a good cup while dealing with being ambushed.




~~~~~~




Oz’s eyes briefly looked up towards the ceiling. He figured whatever was going on up there; Buffy and Spike would deal with it.

Right now, he had a watcher to take care of. He knew when Rupert Giles woke up, there would be hell unleashed on the newly mated couple.

At least a verbal hell; Oz shrugged at the predicament. He figured it would make good entertainment for the morning.

Oz also realized that he would be the only one on Buffy and Spike’s side. Although he was usually silent during Buffy’s debates, he realized that this time he would need to speak up. Certainly, no one else would, and it was actually a good thing Xander was not here. It was going to make things easier.

Oz dragged Giles out of the kitchen and into the Summers’ pit of fire, AKA the living room.




~~~~~~




Willow and Cordelia had woken up amidst all the commotion going on in the Summers household. Willow noticed immediately that Oz was no longer by her side. ‘Probably a good thing, don’t want Buffy’s mom to get upset.’

Cordelia was not as happy to be awake.

“Why, is it so hard to get an ounce of peacefulness around you people? Why do I continue to hang around…?”

Cordelia stopped as she saw Giles being drug into the living room by Oz.

“What’s the deal with him?”

Oz knew entering into a discussion with the brunette was second on the list of worst evils to deal with. So he kept it simple.

“Dunno. We’ll wake him up and ask him.”

Willow was not looking at Oz placing Giles. Instead, her attention turned to Spike whom was carrying down an unconscious Mrs. Summers in his arms. Before she could scream for Buffy to help her mom, she saw the Slayer hiding behind Spike.

Willow moved off the couch so Spike could lay Joyce down on it. She settled comfortably on the floor next to Oz.

Buffy managed to continue to hide behind Spike. She noticed that Giles was lying on the floor unconscious.

Cordelia wanted to get this show on the road. She had beauty sleep to finish.

“Well Buffy, do you know what all this commotion is all about because I’d really like to get back to sleep.”

“Well I’m not sure the best way to deal with this. Spike what do you think?”

“I think we should just wake them both up. It will be easier to say it once, and then we can join the smart mouthed cheerleader in the land of nod.”

Cordelia took Spike’s comment of being a “smart mouth” as a compliment.

”Thanks Spike, I’m glad someone here is seeing the light.”

Oz just shrugged. He knew Cordelia was a ditz. How she could not tell she was being insulted was beyond him. He started to shake Rupert to wake him up, while at the same time Buffy was tending to her mom.

“Bloody Hell.”

Giles rubbed the back of his head, trying to remember what happened. He mumbled to himself, “Oz, Buffy, Spike…Mated. “

Spike picked up on Giles ramblings. Only one who could have figured or sensed the mating was Oz. Spike glared at Oz, but softened as he let the boy explain himself, in the brief Oz way.

“Sorry dude, wanted to curb the immediate reaction. Knew it would suck.”

“Thanks. I appreciate it. “

Joyce had been in the midst of coming out of her own fog. She thought to herself ‘Buffy, Buffy, Buffy in bed, in bed with Spike…. Buffy, Buffy, Buffy, Pregnant?’

Joyce looked over at Buffy and she was relieved. Her daughter did not look pregnant, at least with the robe on.

Everyone turned their attention to Giles as he cleared his throat.

“Buffy, Oz tells me that you and Spike mated. Is this correct?”

“Well duh Giles, the prophecy required us too.”

“Dear lord, Buffy you know what I mean.”

Buffy figured if she could skirt around it, maybe it would be less stressful to deal with. She felt Spike’s insecurity through their bond. She looked over and squeezed his hand before speaking.

“Giles we’ve mated in both ways, to create life and to be with each other as mates forever. I just don’t think it’s any one’s business who I take for a mate. I’m very well aware of the fact that no one, except Spike and I are going to be happy about it. I am going to point out though that Spike and I are the only two people who need to be happy about it.”

“But it goes against your nature. He’s dangerous.”

“He won’t hurt me Giles.”

“How do you know? He could have drained you!”

Oz felt it was time to chime in.

“He didn’t. Giles, you know, at least with all your training, you should know that once a vampire takes a mate he will never ever hurt their mate.”

“Usually if the mate is human, the vampire turns them.”

“Not always. Have you told Buffy what happens to mated Slayers?”

Buffy was shocked at Oz’s knowledge. She was happy and grateful he came to their aid, but she never realized he knew so much and that Giles held back.

Spike was furious at the Watcher. His girl was expecting and the git was causing undue stress on her.

“Mate, what happens to the Slayer?”

Giles polished his glasses, and then answered.

“She becomes immortal, along with her mate and their offspring.”

Buffy was pissed. Not because of the forever of the situation, just that if Angel had ever brought up or tried mating with her, she would have been stuck with him for an eternity. She reached over and touched Oz’s hand.

“Thank you Oz. For bringing to light this situation and believing in what we have. It means a lot to me.”

Spike put his arm around his girl. He was so proud of her. One hurdle down, time for the next one. He took the initiative, and spoke.

“As Buffy said, yeah we mated last night in both manners of speaking. This prophecy, which has changed both of our lives for the better, is coming to fruition as we speak.”

Willow, who had been silent, finally spoke up.

“But isn’t she supposed to be pregnant? I mean we have to go to the doctors and confirm it.”

Buffy stood up and began to undue her robe.

“No Willow we don’t. Apparently, this prophecy and the mystical pregnancy associated with it are making things move a little faster than expected.”

As Buffy’s robe fell, the entire room fell silent, and only a collective group of gasps was heard. Buffy was the first to speak.

“So, did you guy’s research this part of the prophecy, because I’m thinking by the looks on your face, no.”

Joyce moved up off the couch and ran over to her daughter. Buffy was most afraid of her mother’s reaction, after all this was a teen pregnancy. She had given her mother enough trouble in LA, felt she caused her parents divorce, and now this. Buffy was not expecting a good reaction.

Buffy was pleasantly surprised.

“My baby won’t die now. I’m so relieved. When I found out about your short life span as the Slayer, I was devastated. I know your life is different honey, and it’s going to get different once this child is born. I am here for you, unconditionally.”

Buffy hugged her mom back, with tears falling down her face. Spike was relieved that the confrontation with Joyce went well. He respected her and admired her, after all Buffy had to get her resilience from Joyce.

Joyce helped her daughter over to the couch and sat with her holding her hand.

Willow and Cordelia gave into their womanly instincts. They went up to Buffy to offer their congratulations and rub her stomach. Cordelia even began to carry on about hosting the baby shower at her parent’s estate.

For once in the life of a Slayer, things seemed normal. That is when Buffy realized Xander was not with them.

“Um, guys don’t you think someone should go upstairs and wake up Xander. I was kinda hoping to have to do this only once.”

The room fell silent, in the uncomfortable sort of way.

“Guys, Xander is upstairs, right.”

Giles little mumble of a ‘dear lord’ and the polishing of his glasses gave was the final giveaway that all was not right in Scooby land.

“Ok. Willow spill. What happened to Xander?”

Oz held his girl’s hand as she recounted the tale to Buffy. When she was done, Willow asked the obvious question.

“So Buffy, what are we going to do?”

“Kill Angel. Save Xander.”




Thank you all so much for taking the time to review!!! I'm so happy with all the positive feedback.

Of course I've seen lots of hits on the read counter, so I know y'all are out there reading. Feed my muse, make me happy and just leave me a quicky note and let me know you like!!!

**hugs** Opal