Author's Chapter Notes:

Thanks to everyone for all of your sweet reviews. Extra thanks to Meli for betaing! :) **Hugs** Opal

Chapter 22 - Prophecy



Buffy was not sure to she should be relieved or frightened that Dru had decided to join the party. She should have been scared that her life was about to end now. She was more afraid that the dark vampires had come to steal her mate away.



Dru sensed her distress before Spike, and walked over to the couple. Spike wrapped his arms protectively around Buffy.



“Tut. Tut. My boy, I’m not here to hurt her. I’m here to help.”



“Dru I know you’re off your soddin’ rocker, but if you want to help we need to deal with your poofter Daddy and his soddin’ statue.”



Spike was unsure what kind of game Dru was playing. She was always off her rocker, but her appearance was different. Gone were the Victorian clothes she normally wore, in its place an edgier, more modern get up. It complemented her much, much more. Still it did nothing to ease his mind that the crazy bint was going to go after his mate.



“William, I have news for you.” Dru got right up into Spike’s face, “I’m not crazy anymore. Still clairvoyant, and yes Miss Edith still talks to me, but I am not crazy. Now let me see how my little grandchild is coming along here.”



Drusilla gently pushed aside Buffy’s jacket to reveal her swollen stomach. Buffy looked up at Dru, and the moment they locked eyes Buffy knew she could trust her.



“Dru, is the baby ok?”



Dru put her hands on Buffy’s stomach, and then shut her eyes for a moment. A big smile formed on her face as she opened up her eyes.



“Yes dear girl, your baby girl is fine. Fine and healthy, she’ll have her mom’s petite body and her daddy’s blue eyes.”



Buffy smiled, but the tears rolled down her face. That is when Angelus reminded them for the reason of their gathering.



“So fucking sweet. Really, you are all pathetic. Even you Dru don’t know what I thought I was doing when I picked you. Oh yeah, I wanted an innocent girl and not a whore like your grandmother. You were so much fun.”



“And I’m not fun now. Such a shame you feel that way Angelus.”



The mansion began to shake wildly and the portal opening by Acathla was becoming bigger by the moment. Angelus stood and smirked.



“Looks like I’m still the one with all the power around here. Look at William, reduced to being the Slayer’s lapdog. She’s not even pretty. Nothing but a bleached out bimbo with superpowers, couldn’t add one and one if she tried.” Angelus pointed to her stomach, and raised his voice to hear him over the wind coming from the portal. “She can do one thing right though, she can be a whore. Now she’s knocked up. Stupid…”



Before Angelus could finish the sentence, Spike had launched himself again at Angelus. Fist and fangs at each other, Buffy tried to get up again to help her mate but it was just no use.



The ceiling was beginning to crumble in. Willow ran back over to Buffy.



“Buffy, I guess this is it. This is how it ends.”



“I’m so sorry Willow, I tried. I tried to save you all but I just wasn’t good enough. A failure, just like Angelus said.”



Giles moved over to his surrogate daughter and placed his arms around her too.



“No Buffy, not a failure. You were the best there was you never stopped trying. Ever.”



Giles brushed the tears away from her eyes and looked at her.



“If anything, I regret that you’ve had to live hard and now not enjoy the reward of enjoying being in love, being with your mate, and being with your child.”



“SEPARATE” Drusilla yelled, throwing Angelus and Spike across to separate sides of the room. Angelus tried to cross over to reach Drusilla, but he met a barrier.



“It was you protecting that whelp! You bitch!”



Drusilla realized that dusk was just about gone and night was official. Now it was time to exact her revenge.



“Oh my Angel, my Angel who has all the power now.”



“I’m not your Angel lunatic!”



“Oh yes you are. You’re one and the same.”



“I have no soul.”



“Oh really, didn’t I just tell you who has all the power now? You should learn to listen to me BOY!”



Angelus did not take being spoken down too lightly. He roared and tried to break the barrier. Dru walked up to Angelus, an arms length in front of him. He was furious he was so close to her and could not reach her.



Dru put her new vengeance demon face on.



“Now Angel, you know what I’ve become since I’m no longer part of the clan.”



“You wouldn’t do that to me. You don’t like your Daddy with a soul, do you princess.”



“My daddy is dead. You killed him. As for you, I don’t like you at all. You will never. Never ever ever be able to hurt me again.”



“Fuck you.”



“Oh harsh comeback, or is that all you could think of. Now hold still dear, I’ve got a present for you.”



Drusilla raised her hands in the air and began to chant.



“I request thee D’Hoffryn and Anyanka to come to my aid, as they did before, and see to it the wish they have granted has been completed.”



Of course, she was doing it just for show, since her wish did say Angelus would have his soul returned at night. With his soul freshly retuned, Angel was glowing she knew nightfall had come.



That is when Spike spoke up after he had rushed over and moved Buffy away from the crumbling walls.



“Dru, it’s good that you got rid of Angelus but how are we gonna stop this soddin’ statue! I’ve got a nibblet and mate to protect.”



“Oh you’ll see. You’ll see Spike.”



Angel turned around and looked at everyone in the room. He had remembered all of the events that took place since he lost his soul. He smiled when he remembered his moment with Buffy, then he felt pain when he realized the death and destruction he was responsible for.



Then he was distressed. He remembered Buffy was pregnant. Then he remembered Angelus distinctly mocking Spike for mating to a Slayer.



‘No, it can’t be. She loves me. She loves ME!’



He walked over towards Buffy, only to meet with a snarling Spike. Dru laid her hand on Angel’s shoulder to indicate him to stop. He turned and faced Dru.



“Angel, my wish for you came after they fell in love, forced to work together because of you. They found a love so intense, it overshadows whatever feelings you have for her. Then the powers so it fit that they be the guardians of peace.”



“Why Dru, why?”



“You took everything from me, but when you took my dignity that was enough. That was when I summoned Anyanka.”



“And you thought giving Angelus his soul was vengeance?”



“No. I thought giving you your soul and having it permanently anchored was one small part of it. The other part was to know that your love was no longer yours. To know that she will live with and be in love with your rival for the rest of time; not only that, she is now immortal as he.”



Angelus winced in pain, emotionally and physically. The building was disintegrating around them, with pieces falling on their heads.



Dru felt it was time for the piece de resistance.



“The final part of my wish was for you to see this.”



Drusilla walked up to Buffy, extended her hand and helped the Slayer up. Dru gently moved the coat aside. Angel winced. He knew. He knew from looking and the scent on her that she was carrying William’s child.



“Now Angel, she will never be able to enjoy her child or her mate because of this hell that is becoming unleashed on earth right now. This hell that you have caused.”



Angel looked at Buffy with tears in his eyes. He walked over to approach her, but she flinched away.



“Buffy. I’m so sorry. So sorry for this, for everything I did.”



“Angel, there is one thing you can do to stop Acathla.” Anyanka said as she strolled across the room out of the shadows.



“Who are you?”



Anyanka walked up to Dru and put her arms around her. She laid a chaste kiss on the dark vampiress/vengeance demon’s cheek.



“I am her savior.”



Buffy was in awe by the entire scene in front of her. She was about to die, but yet the soap opera playing out in front of her was better than any episode of Passions she had sat through.



Angel glanced over to Buffy and knew he would do anything to save her life.



“What do I need to do?”



Anyanka took out a sword and handed it to him.



“You and only you must close the portal. With your blood.”



“Just cut myself? That’s easy.”



“No. You must push this sword through your stomach and into the portal. That will center the energy of the portal into your body. You will be sent to a hell dimension, and the portal will close, the statue will crumble.”



Angel did not need to think twice about it. He had felt the pain Spike felt through the sire/childe bond, the pain of loosing your love, your mate.



Angel knew his pain was deep, but Spike’s was deeper. He accepted the sword from Anyanka. He walked over to the statue, and turned around to address the group.



“I know it will be a very long time, if ever, before any of you forgive me for what happened. I’m truly sorry. Buffy I love you, I truly do. It’s tough to accept you with Spike. I can’t break it now that you mated. He loves you, he can care for you, and will treat you as you deserve. Much better than I can.”



“Angel, you have to do this now or it will be too late!” Anyanka cried as a wall crashed down.



“I love you Buffy.”



Angels raised the sword and prepared to impale himself.



“I still love you Angel, just not in the same way. I’ll always love you as a brother or as a friend.”



Spike smiled. He was not insecure about being second best to Angelus. He knew that she could not just stop loving Angel, and that he would always have a place in her heart. The mating bond helped with that, as he knew now that she loved him more like a sibling than a lover.



“Thank you Buffy, you don’t know how much that means to me.”



“Yes I do. It will be a long time though, if ever, before I can trust you again ….that’s if we see each other again.”



“I understand Buff.”



“I also will defend my love with Spike until the end, so if you do come back and try to destroy what we have, mark my words, I will kill you.”



“Now Angel, Now!” Anyanka yelled.



“I’m sorry Buffy. I do love you.”



With that, he pierced his stomach with the sword and into Acathla; there was a quick flash of light. He was gone. The statue was gone, the portal was gone, and the shaking had stopped.



The dust settled to the ground, and the group let out a collective sigh of relief.



Then they heard a groan coming from somewhere inside the mansion.



“Xander!” Willow cried.





Chapter 23 – Immortal Love




“Don’t worry Dearies; he’ll be fine for a few minutes longer.” Drusilla assured everyone.

She walked over and brushed Buffy’s tears away from her eyes.

“There, there don’t be sad. He’s gotten what he deserves.”

“But he got his soul back.” Buffy whispered.

“Yes, and without his soul he wouldn’t have cared that he could hear the beating heart of your unborn child. You see, he positions going to hell as a notch on his road of redemption because he did it to save your innocent child”

Spike wrapped his arms around his Slayer tightly.

“Don’t worry luv, I’m sure he’ll fight his way through hell no problem.”

“It’s still sad that he did it as an act of redemption. He didn’t do it to take accountability for his mess.”

Drusilla gently laid her hand on Buffy’s shoulder.

“Buffy, weak men will justify anything. You’re lucky you have yourself mated to a very strong one. One who I am dreadfully sorry in retrospect for the horrors I put his heart through, but he was rightly never mine.”

“Dru, luv, what happened? You’re not off your rocker anymore.”

“Spike, yes I’m sane finally. After Angelus beat my sanity back into me, I just could not sit back and watch him try to take my childe and his mate down. Hell, I just was not going to let him ever touch me again. So I beckoned Anyanka’s aid.”

“That explains the different demon spell on you.”

“So no more blood sucking for me, we’ll at least it’s not required for sustenance.”

Spike felt Buffy stiffen up in his arms, which did not go unnoticed by Drusilla.

“Young Slayer, I know it is still hard for you to see things other than black and white, but you must understand a few things. I have been around a lot longer and not bound by society’s rules. I am not about to fight the good fight either, but always know that I will never inflict harm on those you cherish. Do you think you can learn to give a little with that?”

Buffy thought about it for a second. Drusilla made perfect sense, after all she was accepting of Spike.

“Dru, it will be hard, but I give you my word I will accept you and back you up when you need it.” She reached out her hand to shake on it, when Dru pulled her into a hug. She comfortably accepted Drusilla’s embrace.

Spike smiled in pride, his Slayer had grown so much in such short time. Of course, leave it to Drusilla to still have it in her to shock him.

“I’m so glad Buffy, because now that you’re mated to William, you’re going to be around a very, very long time.”

Buffy pulled back from Drusilla with a worried look on her face.

“I don’t understand?”

“You’re immortal, like us. Your child will be too, when she reaches her 18th birthday.”

The room was stunned into silence. It was then that they remembered their friend hanging in the other room.

“Guys,” Xander yelled. “Umm can someone come get me now, please….anybody?”

Drusilla turned to Anyanka, and without words, being exchanged Anyanka teleported out of the room to rescue the young man.

Giles finally collected his bearings, and found the courage to speak.

“By God, Buffy you are the Slayer that the council has feared for years. We must ensure that they do not hear of this.”

“Don’t worry about my lady,” Spike spoke confidentially. “None of them soddin’ tweed masters will get near my mate.”

“Spike, they can’t kill her but they can make her life uncomfortable. Then there is the child. Until she is 18, there will be a bounty on that poor child’s head, by the council and the demon world.”

Buffy was overwhelmed with emotion. They just finished dealing with Angelus, and now it seems they would have to continue to evade people who tried to interfere in their lives. She was comforted when Spike held her tighter, but all she wanted was to go home.

It was then that Anyanka and Xander entered into the room. Dru noticed the way that Anyanka was admiring the young man’s physique, but she was more concerned with how he would react to Buffy.

Buffy on the other hand was equally nervous. Tears rolled down her eyes as she surrendered to her emotions. Spike sensed her distress, but also sensed the whelp meant them no harm or disrespect.

“Luv, go see your mate. He won’t judge us.”

Xander wrapped his arms around Buffy and lifted her off the ground. He was so happy to see all of his friends, alive.

“Buffy, oh thank goodness. I knew you’d pull through.” He looked her up and down and noticed the big bump that he felt. He remembered Drusilla’s words and looked up with a big goofy grin on his face. “Looks like I’m going to be an Uncle Xan-man too!”

Waves of relief hit Spike through the claim. It soothed him that Xander’s support was helping take the edge off her nerves.

Buffy gave Xander a kiss on the cheek and a big grin of her own.

“I’m so glad you’re happy about this Xander. It means so much to me.”

Of course, Giles would stop the happy moment from lasting. He coughed to get everyone’s attention.

“Ahem, we still have to discuss this matter of Buffy’s immortality.”

“Oh hush Giles,” Xander replied, for once not using the dreaded nickname. “Buffy being immortal now means we’ll just have plenty of time to talk about it.”

“But the council…”

“The council won’t stop Buffy and Spike from having all the orgasms they want. I’ve placed a protection spell around them that will prevent anyone from using magicks to interfere with the birth of their child, so they have some time for now and the first few years,” Anyanka proclaimed.

“They have ways, ways you all can’t even imagine. Don’t be so foolish to not watch your back.” Giles sighed, finally able to get a word in edgewise.

Drusilla walked up to the watcher, and looked him in the eye.

“I’m telling you that Anyanka’s spell will protect them adequately. During that time you should prepare for dealing with what may come afterwards.”

Everyone was jolted when the heard the noise of several walls crashing on the other side of the mansion.

“Luv, it’s not safe here for us anymore. We better get out of here.”

“Spike, I’m so tired. Can we go home to rest now?”

He placed a soft kiss on her head.

“Of Course love. Anyanka, Dru could you teleport us out of here?”

The vengeance demons nodded in agreement, and in a flash, they were all gone from the mansion as the remaining walls crashed down where they had stood.



Ok guys, help inspire me! Leave me reviews!