Author's Chapter Notes:
Thanks for the Reviews!
Chapter Five




Spike tried to wake his blonde beauty up, but she just would not budge.

“Dawnie, ten more minutes please….”

Clearly, she was in such deep sleep; she did not realize she had not made it home yet. Spike knew he had to get her up. They could not spend all day here, and she did need to get Nibblet off to school.

Spike slowly removed the blankets from top of her, to reveal her naked glory. He did not know if he could practice the restraint he needed, but then again if she did not get up to get Dawn to school he could be in the doghouse for a few weeks.

Not being in the doghouse was well worth suppressing his desire for now. Instead, he opted to wake her up by seducing her with his voice.

He leaned down to her ear and whispered, “Buffy, time to wake up for the Big Bad.”

Buffy opened up her eyes quickly. She looked shocked, but that was until she realized that she was supposed to be here with Spike. A smile formed across her face as she reached over to pull Spike back into bed with her.

She frowned when he pulled her right out.

“Luv, the sun will be rising soon. I promised myself that I wouldn’t get in the way of your taking care of Dawn. In fact, you know I’ll do everything in my power to help. So why don’t you get cleaned up so we can get home before sunrise, yeah?”

Buffy noticed that she was stark naked and Spike was not. Well perhaps she could remedy that. She reached over to the hem of his t-shirt and started to pull it over his head.

“Mmm… Spike I don’t want to leave. Want some more nummy treats.”

Spike pushed her hands and his t-shirt back down. He was proud of himself for resisting her charms. When she pouted, he figured it was time to pull out the logic card to stop her seduction from progressing further.

“Yeah luv, but you won’t be up for nummy treats if social services came to take Dawn away.”

Buffy rolled her eyes at him. That was a sure sign that Spike had won the battle, for now.

“Ok, Ok. I’ll get up. But you have to promise me one thing.” She said as she stood up close to him.

“Sure luv.” Spike replied as he restrained himself from caressing her body.

“That we’ll swing by your crypt first, grab a few of your things and then head over to my house.”

Spike thought about making love to Buffy in her bed. They had mated, but it was something else having her invite him into her private sanctuary. He could feel the tightness building in his pants as he thought of all the naughty things he wanted to do with her in her bed.

“I’ll take it that your silence and obvious reaction below that you agree.” She smirked.

“Luv, hurry and get cleaned up. We’ll need more time if we stop by my crypt first.”

Buffy jumped into Spike’s arms, giving him a kiss. Quickly she jumped away, ran into the bathroom and cleaned herself up. Not even five minutes later, she was standing in front of Spike.

“I’m ready!”

“That’s one for the record books. Your bloody hair is wet still, go dry it off.”

Buffy scrunched her face up at him in defiance, which had the opposite effect on him. He thought she looked so cute when she got all spunky like that.

“It is fine the way it is in a ponytail,” she spat back.

“Pet, I love your golden locks down around your shoulders.”

She rolled her eyes, and crossed her arms pretending to be irritated.

“Don’t worry; it will be dry before we get home. I promise.”

“Ok luv.”

Spike let out a little laugh. It was so nice to see her be so relaxed and playful with him. That gave him even more reason to hurry up and get back to her house as soon as possible. Spike put his duster on and grabbed his smokes. He lit a cigarette, and then grabbed her hand.

“Spike, you’re not supposed to smoke in here.”

“Well love, I haven’t had one all night. Now were going to get on the bike, which is not the place to be trying to suck one of these things down, agreed?”

Buffy knew he was right, so she just shrugged as they made there way out to the bike. Luckily, the counter clerk was fast asleep on the job, so he did not even notice the blonde couple leaving. Spike threw the room key on the counter.

They made their way out of the hotel into the crisp night air.



~~~*~~~



Tara woke up and stretched her body. She looked around the crypt and saw that everyone had fallen asleep, including Riley. Her neck was sore from falling asleep on the concrete, which put her in a fowl mood. A mood, that Riley Finn caused, and if there was any moment she ever felt like using magic for impure reasons, this was it.

The idiot put them in a predicament in which they would wake up all uncomfortable and then have to deal with a confrontation when Buffy and Spike finally arrived at the crypt.

She silently prayed to Gaia that it was the Powers That Be intention for Buffy and Spike to be together, and that what they had was not a fling.

Buffy and Spike better be praying too, after all they are the couple that was the cause for the crazy campout.

She stretched one more time before leaning back against the sarcophagus. Tara contemplated waking Willow up.

That is when she remembered Dawn.

‘Shit, what if no one is at the house right now for Dawn?’

Tara gently nudged Willow and Xander awake. Xander went to speak loudly in protest, but Tara gently quieted him with a “Shh...”

Xander and Willow both grimaced in pain as the tried to stretch out from their uncomfortable nap on the floor.

“I hate to leave Giles here by himself with Riley, but I just realized that someone has to go back for Dawn. I don’t want her to wake up alone.”

Willow looked at Tara. They were in quite a predicament. Buffy and Spike would need some backup when they got here, but two of them would need to return to the house for Dawn.

“I’ll go” Xander volunteered.

“I’ll go with him too, if that’s ok Tara. I’m kind of afraid I’ll get mad and go all black haired Willow on him.”

Tara nodded in agreement. Quietly, Xander and Willow tiptoed to the door of the crypt. Luckily it was cracked open just enough so it did not make any noise when they pushed it just wide enough so they could sneak out.


~~~*~~~



“Luv, that looked like your mates running away from the crypt.”

Spike was immediately suspicious; he had suspected soldier boy would have recruited her friends against him. Buffy on the other hand, had a different thought.

“I hope Dawnie is ok. I know sometimes that she likes to go to your place. They could have been looking for me or looking for Dawn.”

Spike felt his mates worry through their link. Still, he was suspicious so he slowed them down as they made their way over to the crypt.

He lowered his voice so only the Slayer would hear him speak.

“Something’s up love. Stay still for a moment.”

Unlike herself, she actually obeyed Spike and held still. Spike’s nostrils flared in the air to catch the scent of those who may be around them.

“So, who’s there?” Buffy whispered.

“Well we know the Whelp and Red just left, so it seems that the soddin’ soldier boy, Rupert, and Glinda remain.”

Buffy began to nervously play with the hem of her top. She looked at Spike with all the love and adoration in her eyes.

“Spike, if they’ve come as an intervention between you and I, well then they are going to feel the wrath of one very pissed off Slayer.”

Spike smiled with pride. His girl was going to defend them. Not that he questioned it, with the claim and all, but still he knew her friends would be the last official hurdle.

“Shall we go check it out pet?”

“Yeah. Let’s kick some butt!”




Thanks for reading! Leave a review, my muse loooooves feedback!

**Hugs**

Opal