Author's Chapter Notes:
There was a plot bunny in my head and she demanded that i write this so here it is. i own nothing and could only wish to have a Spike of my very own. thanks to ashlie for the beta work.
Love Never Dies

“Stupid men thinking just cause I’m a girl they can push me around,” Buffy muttered angrily to herself as she slammed into her apartment. “Immortal, ha, bet if I tried I could kill him.” She noticed a nervous looking watcher staring at her in fear.

‘Maybe I should come back later,’ he thought to himself. ‘But then she’ll kick my ass for not telling her then.’ He steeled his courage wishing for a glass of whiskey and spoke.

“Now Buffy, I know your going to be angry with me, but I only found out a month ago and wanted to be sure it was true before I told you,” Giles stuttered as he eyed his slayer.

“Just spit it out Giles. I mean my date with the Immortal went so bad, I’m surprised the world isn’t coming to an end.” She looked at her watcher and noticed the slight flinch the man gave when she said that. She sighed, “The world is ending, isn’t it?”

“Well kind of, see that’s part of what I need to tell you. There’s an apocalypse that is supposed to hit in a couple of days and I thought you would want to see him just in case.” Buffy was annoyed. She had explained to Giles that her love for Angel was over and that she was never going to love him like she had loved Spike. Why could they not get that through their heads?

Glaring at the man she spoke, “I told you Giles, I don’t love Angel anymore. There is only one vampire in my heart and he burned alive in the Hellmouth.” Buffy caught her breath as tears came to her eyes, remembering how he denied her of her love, before she had gone like he had told her to. Giles softened, knowing how hard it had been for her these last 5 months.

“Spike is alive.”

With those three words the slayer fell to her knees. “Not this dream again,” she sobbed. Giles had been expecting anger and screaming so he had no idea how to handle this grief and sadness. “Did you hear me Spike is alive, and this is no dream. He is in LA with Angel. While Andrew was in LA to pick up that slayer he found Spike hanging out with Angel. Spike and Angel threatened to hurt him if he told you about Spike. However you know Andrew, he blurted it out the second he saw me. I felt I had to verify his statement before I told you about it. It also seems that Angel is going to have an apocalypse and not have any help.” He pulled out a ticket to LA.

“If you go now you can catch the plane and see him before it all goes down. You know to make him believe you.”

Buffy looked at her watcher in wonder, “But you hate Spike.” Buffy was confused as to why her watcher was practically shoving her out the door to see a vampire he claimed to hate.

“Because you love him and I know he can make you happy.” His look saddened, “Besides your mother liked him,” he said quietly. She understood. He had lost so much love that he wanted his slayer to have all the love she could. He suddenly straightened, “Now the apocalypse starts in 2 days, the younger slayers will meet you for the final battle, so you don’t have much time.”

“Giles I have an idea. I think that we should all go together and wait for the battle to start before showing up. We can be the symbol of hope and hopefully I won’t distract Spike and Angel.” Buffy paused then admitted the real reason for her plan. “That and I don’t think I can face him yet. What if he doesn’t love me anymore.”

Giles agreed, understanding she needed to put this off for now. “All right, we’ll leave in 2 days, but I think you’re wrong about him not loving you.” Giles left it at that and walked out the door to make plans for the upcoming battle.

TWO DAYS LATER IN LA….

“Bloody hell, Peaches. There are a thousand of them, and I’m pretty sure that’s a dragon leading the way.” Spike said to his grand-sire. Angel chose to ignore the younger vampire, finally realizing that some of his people were going to die in this fight that he had caused.

“Ready everyone,” Angel said loud enough for his small group to hear. “We’ll start when the dragon gets close enough.” The last remnants from the LA gang nodded and waited for the dragon. The dragon roared and charged towards them. They got ready to attack when a small blond woman jumped from the rooftop onto the dragon. She cleaved the neck in half with her scythe. The dragon fell to the ground dead and Buffy leapt down right in front of Spike.

“Hey cutie,” she said with a wink to Spike, “Miss me?” Without saying anything else she shouted a battle cry and started towards the demons, thousands of slayers pouring into the alley from behind. The fighting finally brought Spike and Angel out of their stupor.

“Bloody hell. Was that who I think it was?” Spike asked in disbelief. “I think so,” Angel replied, “We better get started. Then we’ll kill Andrew for telling her about this. I just hope she didn’t bring the Immortal with her.” That brought Spikes demon roaring to the surface. He launched himself at the waiting demons and started to cut his way through them. With as many slayers as Buffy had brought the fight was soon over and the casualties taken. Gunn and two of the slayers died, but everyone else was fine.

Spike found Buffy in the alley talking to a group of her slayers, letting them know how brave they were and how proud of them she was. Buffy felt the familiar tingles that told her Spike was near so she dismissed her slayers and turned to face him.

“So luv, where’s the Immortal?” His demon howling that she belonged to him, and no one else should be touching her.

“Well I tried to date him but he’s just so self-centered that I told him to go away. He called me some names and tried to tell me what to do, so I kicked his ass. I really don’t think he liked that.” She smiled as she recalled how huffy he had been when she had told him to get lost.

“So you’re free then, are you?” He looked at her with a smirk for what she had done and hope in his eyes. She decided to tease him a little for not telling her that he was back.

“Nope, I’m not free at all. I belong to a vampire who doesn’t share what’s his.” She saw the pain and anger in his eyes. She could see his jaw tense marking that he was about to yell at her so she pulled him flush with her body and whispered, “His name is Spike and I belong only to him.” Just as Spike had processed what she said, Buffy bit down on his neck and drew blood.

“MINE,” she growled forcefully, as she rubbed her hips up against his jean covered cock. “Yours,” he confessed in a whimper before deciding that he had to have her right there. Clothes were shredded and Spike pulled her neck to his mouth. Buffy felt his face shift and waited for him to claim her in return. He sunk his fangs in her neck at the same time he sheathed his cock into her waiting body. Buffy felt her walls clench and was right on the edge when he growled the word, “MINE” just as forcefully as she had. Screaming her pleasure for anyone close enough to hear, she replied “YOURS.” The marks were in place; they were mates now, and forever. As their breathing returned to normal she looked at Spike and had to know something.

“So Spike when were you going to tell me you were back?”

THE END