Author's Chapter Notes:
Here's the end of this story, hope you've enjoyed it. Thanks to everyone who's reviewed.

I don't own any of the characters.

Thanks to my beta, Nichole.
Chapter 5


San Francisco, August 2007


Buffy slowly opened the cab door and looked at the small house at the end of the driveway. She stepped out onto the sidewalk at the same moment as Will came around the car to take her hand. Dawn was already heading up the path to the house, but stopped when Buffy hesitated, looking back at her sister and Spike.

“It’s OK. Don’t worry.” Spike whispered to her before they started walking through the front yard, Dawn a couple of feet ahead of them.

“Tara said they would be in the back yard, and that we should leave the bags in the hallway and go back there.” She called over her shoulder, walking up the steps to the porch.

Buffy felt like she was in a dream. In a couple of minutes she was going to see her friends again, and she had no idea what to say or do when she did. She had asked Will and Dawn to explain everything, not sure she would be able to. She had been herself for almost a week now, and each morning she thanked a higher power that she was still there.

Buffy took a deep breath and let Will lead her to the front door while Dawn went around the house. They dropped the bags just inside the door before walking through the house to the living room. It was a beautiful room and french windows led to the garden. The windows were open and Will could feel Buffy squeeze his hand harder as voices came into the house. He squeezed back and gave her an encouraging smile. She smiled back, letting him pull her out into the garden.

“Dawnie, Xander and I wanted to ask you something.” Anya pulled Dawn away from the group hug she had shared with Willow and Tara. “You know that we found out that the baby’s a girl, right? Well, we were thinking about naming her Buffy, but we wanted to ask you first, so you’re OK with it. Are you?” Dawn smiled when she saw Will and Buffy walk into the garden.

“I think I’m the wrong person to ask.” Anya turned to see what she was looking at, and was the first to see Buffy.

“But... what... how...” She gave up trying to find something to say and just reached out a hand to make sure Buffy was real. Buffy smiled and gave her a hug. Anya started crying which caught the attention of the four other people in the garden. Anya pulled back, drying her eyes with the back of her hand.

“Sorry... a little emotional right at the moment. Is it really...” She looked at Dawn and Will for an explanation. The others had gathered around them, all of them hugging Buffy and asking the same questions. Giles came last, and didn’t let Buffy go for a good five minutes. When he did, both he and Buffy had tears running down their faces. When everyone’s attention was back to Dawn and Will, they started explaining.




Epilogue


Southern California, July 2009

Buffy was sitting under a sun umbrella on the beach, rubbing tanning lotion onto her legs while looking at her friends and family in the water. They had all gathered in her and Will’s new house outside of San Diego for the Fourth of July weekend. Dawn had graduated from NYU a couple of weeks earlier and had been offered a job at a paper in LA. She had accepted, and Buffy and Will decided that it was time to return to sunny California. They had both fallen in love with the beautiful beach house after seeing the pictures, and signed the deal without even having been inside it. And they hadn’t been disappointed. The house wasn’t big, but it was enough for them. It had two bedrooms, a large living room, two studies and an amazing deck overlooking the ocean. The kitchen and bathrooms were equipped with the latest technology.

Buffy let her eyes wander over her friends and family. Dawn had brought her new boyfriend, a painter that lived in her new apartment building in LA. He was spinning her around in the water and Buffy could hear her shrieks all the way up to where she was sitting, making her laugh. Willow and Tara were running through the more shallow water, splashing each other and giggling. A few feet up from the water were Giles and five year old Alex, playing with a bucket and shovel, Giles was trying to teach Alex how to build sand castles. Xander and Anya had disappeared about half an hour earlier, and Buffy had no problem imagining what they were up to. These days they took every chance they could to have some alone time together when someone was watching the kids. A little bit out in the water Will was pulling Joyce, who was almost two now, through the waves, making her scream with laughter.

Buffy watched them, a smile on her lips, reminiscing over the past two years. After her reunion with her friends in San Francisco on Willow's birthday, she had gone back to New York with Will and Dawn. Wanting to give them some privacy, Dawn decided to move into a dorm room at the NYU campus. Buffy got a part time job at a small restaurant a few blocks from her and Will's apartment, working nights so she could go back to college and finish her degree. A few weeks earlier she had finally gotten her diploma and she was now a certified counselor.

After the holidays Buffy was going to a few job interviews in the area. Will had already gotten a job, bartending at a popular club in San Diego.

After a little while Will noticed her eyes on him, and he came out of the water and sat down next to her on a towel, letting Joyce run down to join her brother and ‘grandfather’ by the water.

“She’s something, isn’t she?” Buffy smiled at him.

“She wonderful.” He shook the water out of his hair, splashing Buffy in the process.

“She in particular or kids in general?” He shot her a wondering look.

“Why?” He asked suspiciously.

“Oh, nothing. Just thought I should check, I mean, we never talked about it, you know but...”

“What? You mean... you’re...?”

She nodded. “Yep. I mean, I haven’t been to the doctor, but I did two tests. Both positive.” She let out a shriek as he pulled her into his lap, kissing her hungrily. She pulled away for breath.

“So, it’s a good thing, I take it?” He answered her with another kiss that took her breath away once more.