Friday. Date day. And here Buffy was, nervous again. She'd thought about nothing else all day but that night. She wasn't sure exactly why she should be nervous anymore. She'd seen Spike every day that week since she'd gotten rid of ‘Married Hair.' She'd kissed him—or as he called it – snogged with him every night leading up to D-Day. Stolen moments when Lindsey was not in the room was spent kissing fervently; and when Lindsey had gone to bed. Both had agreed that it wasn't time to tell Lindsey anything. There was no need to tell her anything until things were definite. Buffy had been concerned that Spike would be hurt by that, but he'd understood. One date and a few kisses didn't mean a relationship—no matter the history. And honestly, the history was something that still needed working through. That certainly didn't dissipate with a few kind words and kisses either.

Though kind words were helping a great deal. Kind words instead of barely veiled insults and digs. Honesty instead of lies. Smiles instead of scowls.

Buffy smiled dreamily at her reflection in the mirror as she studied her appearance. She was imagining Spike's face when she kissed him. The look of awe on his face was miraculous to her. Never had anyone—not even her ex husband—had ever looked at her that way. It made her feel as if she were indeed something special.

When really; it was him that was special.

She'd never met a man that gave of himself so easily and without thinking. There were no barriers to break through when it came to Spike sharing how he felt with her. She wondered if had ever given of himself so easily to anyone—though he said she was the only one, he must have tried with someone. Some lucky girl that didn't know just how lucky she really was.

Buffy was just figuring out how lucky she truly was.

"Fred's loss and my gain," Buffy said aloud as she grabbed her black jacket and shrugged into it. She'd dressed casual—jeans, purple t-shirt, her jacket and comfortable black shoes. Her hair was pulled back away from her face with black clips and she wore small silver hoops in hears. Her make up was light, yet flattering, her green eyes popping out with the light shimmery purple powder on her lashes.

She nodded happily at her appearance. She was ready to tackle some roller coasters now. Spike had brought Lindsey over to the neighbor's just before he left so Buffy would have time to get ready. Then he'd gone to his place to get ready before he picked her up.

The doorbell ringing let her know he'd arrived. She smiled; the man was determined to make this as much a real date as possible. He could just waltz through the door the way he usually did, but he was being all proper by ringing the doorbell instead.

It made her melt.

And when she opened the door, she thought she was ready to tackle more than just the roller coasters. She was ready to tackle Spike. God, he was gorgeous. He wore faded blue jeans that were snug in all the right areas, a tight blue t-shirt that made his eyes pop and a short worn leather jacket. He smiled broadly and held out his hand, extending a rose to her.

"Hello gorgeous," he said huskily, his eyes twinkling.

She took the rose and brought it to her nose, inhaling its delicate fragrance while grinning at him. "You're sweet, thank you."

"Waited a long time to do this Buffy. Want to make it right."

She smirked at him and gestured for him to come in. She strolled to the kitchen and looked at him over her shoulder, "Is this as much for you as it is for me?"

"Well," he started sheepishly. He blushed again. How cute was that?

"It's okay, Spike. I just hope that I'm how you imagined me to be on our date."

"You'll surpass what I've imagined I'm sure," he told her passionately.

Her breath hitched at that and her hands shook as she grabbed a vase out of the cabinet and proceeded to fill it with water. "I never got to ask you how Lindsey was before you were carting her off to the neighbor's."

He smiled, "She was fine, luv. She wants a Batman action figure."

Buffy giggled, "Oh really?"

"We went to the park and she wanted to play in the sandbox and there were a couple boys in there and they had them. She seemed quite intrigued by the whole idea. I think she just wants to kick some ass."

Buffy laughed, "It must be in her genes."

Spike chuckled, "You must be talking about yourself because I'm a lover, not a fighter."

Buffy grinned saucily and placed the vase in the center of the counter. She strolled up to him casually and pecked his lips quickly. "I know."

*********************************************************
Buffy could not stop laughing in spite of the fact that she should be sympathetic to Spike's current plight. His current plight being incredibly green from motion sickness on the two loop roller coaster they'd just gone on. He had been so manly about going on it, puffing up his chest and saying how he could handle it, he was no wuss. Then they'd climbed off and she noticed how sick he'd gotten from it.

He glared at her, "Thank you."

She giggled, "Come on. I'll get you some ginger ale. It'll settle your stomach." And she took his hand, tugging him to a concession stand.

He moaned, "I'm afraid to move."

"Keep looking up, don't look down," she directed him. "Why don't you have a seat, and close your eyes for a bit. There's a bench right over there," she said pointing a few feet away.

"If I call you Nurse Buffy will you dress like one?" he weakly attempted a joke.

She giggled. "Good to know you've lost none of your sauciness."

*********************************************************

"I knew you liked amusement parks pet, I just never knew how much of a dare devil you were with them," Spike said a little while later as they sat together on the bench. He sipped his ginger ale, color coming back to his face and she munching on fried dough.

"How'd you manage to miss that I was a dare devil? I married Angel didn't I?" And she laughed, a full out belly laugh, at her own joke.

It took a minute, as if he weren't sure if he should laugh at that, but then after watching her laugh, Spike joined her laughter. "It's so good to hear you laugh," he told her, settling his cup in his lap. "Are you having a good time, kitten?"

She nodded and started talking around the wad of dough in her mouth. "I'm having a great time."

He laughed, "How's that dough?"

She blushed, "Sorry," and she swallowed. "Are you having fun? Despite getting sick?"

"I am. I think I just got sick because we went on that roller coaster before that one. I don't think I can take two in a row."

"Excuses, excuses," she teased. "And you know-- we could take Linds here some weekend. They have a whole kiddie section." She pointed at him, "Hey, did you want to start over there and work your way up to the big rides?" She laughed as he lunged at her with a growl, knocking his ginger ale to the ground. She jumped up, dumping the rest of her dough into a trash can, and sprinted into the crowd with Spike on her heels.

***********************************************************

Spike caught up with her at the Ferris wheel, managing to grab her from behind and wrapping his strong arms around her front and hauling her up against him.

"You're in for it now, Princess," he told her and bit her neck lightly.

She giggled as his fingers then took quest and tickled her sides. He spun her around and growled again before claiming her lips with his.

"You glow, Buffy," he told her softly when they'd broke their kiss.

She wobbled a bit on her feet and held onto him for support.

"Are you sick now?" he asked, smirking.

She buried her face in his neck, "No, you're just really good at that?"

"At what?"

She pinched his arm, "Fishing for compliments? That's so unlike you."

He chuckled. "Let's get on this ride. It's slow; I think I can handle it before you take me on another death defying ride."

Her head popped up and she looked up at the Ferris wheel and then at him. "You want to go on that?" she jerked her thumb to the ride.

"Too slow for you?" he teased.

"Uh, too high for me," she admitted weakly.

His eyes popped, "Buffy, since we've been here you've been on the ride that shoots you a hundred feet in the air and drops you, on every roller coaster – and you're telling me the Ferris Wheel scares you?"

"One of the great mysteries of Buffy. Roller coasters give me a rush –which I really do think has to do with the fact that you could plummet to the ground and die at any moment – and Ferris wheels freak me out. I think it's because they're so slow. Too much time to think about plummeting to the ground and dying."

Spike laughed and brought her into his arms, "You won't die. I'll protect you."

"Comforting coming from the man that got sick on the last roller coaster."

He kissed her quickly, "Hush up you. Come on," he took her hand and led her to the line. It was a small line and they got on immediately. Climbing in, he buckled them in and closed the bar. He had just slid his arm around Buffy's shoulder when it lurched forward and up. Buffy's stomach lurched with it as she watched the people below her get smaller and smaller.

"Buffy, relax," Spike said calmly, bringing her closer to his side.

Her hand gripped the bar in front of her so tight her knuckles were turning white. Their seat started to rock gently. Her eyes flew open and she turned to him. "Are you doing that?"

He chuckled softly, "Sorry. Couldn't resist."

"You suck!"

"A side of you I had yet to see tonight," he shook his head. "It's amazing I tell you."

"I'm an enigma."

"You got that right."

"Just how long are we going to be sitting here anyway? For the love of Pete, can't they just go?"

"Buffy, look at me."

She turned to him and gulped. The intense look on his face made her skin feel suddenly hot and caused moisture to pool between her legs. He looked about ready to devour her. He used his free hand to cup the side of her face, his eyes nearly black.

Leaning in, he nibbled on her bottom lip. She moaned and he covered her mouth with is, plundering her tongue with his. He snuggled her closer to him, so that she was very nearly on his lap and he held her tight against him as he kissed her thoroughly.

She hadn't noticed they'd moved until the ride attendant cleared his throat to let them know they could now climb out. It was with great reluctance, and on wobbly legs that had nothing to do with her fear of the ride, that Buffy left the Ferris wheel.

The thought passed through her mind that the rush she felt from his kisses was more incredible than the rush of a roller coaster.


**And it is possible to love roller coasters and be petrified of Ferris wheels...I am! LOL**