Author's Chapter Notes:
Number two up for you, hope you like it. Let me know if I should continue...
I don't own them, just wish I did.
Thanks to Nichole for all her help!
Two


Elizabeth rushed around the apartment, trying to find her keys. She only had five minutes before Spike would be there to pick her up, and was starting to panic. Finally, she found the keys under the living room couch, and put them in her purse on the hallway table, checking in the mirror that she looked OK.

‘What am I doing? Why did I even accept to go out with him? And why on Earth did I get dressed up AND put make up on?’

She hadn’t worn make up in years.

‘What is it about this guy?’ ‘You like him’ the little voice inside her said. Did she? It had been so long, she hardly remembered the feeling... Maybe she did. And wasn’t it about time that she lived a little? She had been shutting everyone who tried to get close to her for the past five years out. Because she didn’t want to get hurt. But she wasn’t happy. She hadn’t been happy in a long time, not since... She pushed the thought of the past aside and made a decision. She was going to let the night take its course, wherever that might lead her.

She was interrupted in her thoughts by the doorbell, and took a deep breath, pulling herself together before opening the door to let Spike in.

“Hi.” He smiled at her, handing her a single white rose. “Flowers for m’lady. Or... well, flower.” She took the rose, and smiled back. “You look lovely.”

“Thank you. Come on in. I just have to get my coat.” She stepped aside, letting him into the hallway. When she reached for her coat, he took it from her and helped her put it on. ‘What a gentleman’ she thought as he opened the door for her.

*****

Spike took her to a romantic little Italian restaurant in the Village. The food was wonderful, and they talked about anything and everything, except for her life before she came to New York. Spike didn’t push, thinking that she needed to take it in her own pace. After the dinner they went to a jazz club and danced until they were basically thrown out when the club closed.

Spike waved a cab for Elizabeth; he lived only two blocks away himself. A cab stopped, and he opened the door for her. She was about to get in, but stopped. She had decided to finally take a chance.

“Wanna share the cab?” She asked, looking up at him shyly. They were only inches apart, and he could feel the heat her body radiated.

“I live just around the corner, I’ll just walk.” He held his breath, hoping that she meant more, but not wanting to take anything for granted.

“I know.” She kept eye contact with him, hoping that her eyes said what she herself couldn’t. Nervously she bit her lower lip, and he couldn’t resist the urge to kiss her that he’d had all night any longer.

She seemed surprised by his action, but quickly responded, opening her lips a little to let his tongue explore her mouth. He let one hand slip around her back to pull her closer, the other lingering at her waist as she wrapped her arms around his neck.

They were pulled out of the moment by the cab driver clearing his throat loudly. Spike pulled back a little, gazing into her green eyes, where he found the same desire he knew she could see in his own eyes. No words were needed as she pulled him with her into the cab and gave the driver her address.

*****

Spike pressed Elizabeth up against the front door of her apartment, peppering kisses along her neck before turning his attention back to her lips. She eagerly admitted his mouth access and their tongues battled form dominance. He lifted her up and she wrapped her legs around his waist, pulling him as close as she could with their clothes between them. She rubbed against him, enjoying the feeling of knowing what her actions did to him. He moaned into her mouth before pulling away a little.

“Keys.”

“Jacket pocket.” She let him get them and open the door. They almost fell through it, but he managed to keep his balance, kicking the door shut before he continued into the apartment, dropping their coats on the floor.

“Bedroom. Now.” She managed to get out between kisses as she started unbuttoning his shirt. He nodded in agreement and headed for her bedroom, taking off her top and bra as he went.

He carefully laid her down on the bed and stopped for a moment to just look at her. She blushed under his gaze and tried to cover her naked upper body. He kneeled on the bed, pulling her arms away.

“Don’t.” He let his eyes sweep over her hungrily. “God, you’re beautiful.” She blushed again.

He gave her a breath taking kiss before continuing down her throat, covering her entire upper body with kisses before stopping at the waist band of her skirt. He pulled the zipper down and slid the piece of clothing down her legs along with her pantyhose and thongs, leaving her completely naked before him.

“Beautiful.” He repeated before making his way back up her body until he once again reached her lips. She returned the kiss, putting all of her emotions into it as she wrapped her legs around him to pull him closer. When she realized he still had all of his clothes on, she pulled his shirt off his shoulders and dropped it on the floor before starting to unbutton his pants, a task that proved a little more difficult than she had thought. He pushed her hands aside and managed to get his pants open without ripping the buttons off. He pulled back from her to take off his pants along with his underwear before returning to he open arms. He paused for a moment, gazing into her eyes.

“Are you sure? We don’t have to...” She didn’t let him finish before she once again wrapped her legs around him and pulled him inside her. They both gasped at the feeling, and froze for a moment before starting to move together in the oldest of dances.

*****

Elizabeth woke from the sunlight that filtered through the blinds. She opened her eyes slightly, squinting in the bright light. To avoid the intruding sun, she turned around in the bed, only to find herself face to face with Spike.

“Mornin’ love.” He smiled sleepily at her, slipping an arm around her waist to pull her closer.

“Morning.” She willingly moved closer to him, snuggling into his chest.

“Sleep good?” His hand had come up to caress the back of her neck.

“Mmm hmm. You?”

“Best night I’ve had in a long time.” She blushed at the underlying meaning in his words. “You talk in your sleep, did you know that?” She shook her head, afraid of what she might’ve revealed.

“What’d I say?” She held her breath waiting for his response.

“Couldn’t really hear, just mumbling I think.”

“OK.” Elizabeth sighed, relieved that her secret was safe a little longer.

*****

“Are you ready yet?” Spike was sitting in Elizabeth’s kitchen; waiting for her to finish whatever it was she had been doing in the bathroom for the past hour. It was Valentine’s Day, and they had been dating for almost two months.

“Soon.” Came the muffled response. “Can you get my keys, I think they’re in the drawer by the phone.”

Spike went into the living room and opened the drawer in the table next to the couch. He found the keys and was just about to close the drawer when something caught his attention. It looked like a drivers licence. He pulled the small plastic card out of the drawer and looked at it.

It was six years old, but the girl in the picture looked the same. It was Elizabeth. But the licence wasn’t hers.

Spike frowned as he read the information on the card.

Elizabeth Anne Summers
1630 Revello Drive
Sunnydale California

“What are you doing?” Spike looked up and found Elizabeth standing in front of him. She noticed what he was holding in his hand. “Where did you find that?”

“It was in the drawer... the keys...” She took the drivers license from him, putting it into her purse.

“Do you always go through people’s personal things?” Her voice had a sharp edge he had never heard before.

“I’m sorry, I was just...” She interrupted him; suddenly back to her old self.

“No, I’m sorry, I shouldn’t have snapped like that. It’s just... that’s a part of my past and I don’t like talking about it. OK?” She gave him a pleading look and he decided to let it go. For now. He was going to find out what she was hiding eventually, but he never would if he started to push.

*****

“Buffy is that you?” Elizabeth looked up at the person who had used her old nickname.

“Cordelia Chase. Imagine meeting you here.” She faked a smile at her old class mate.

“Whatever happened to you?” Cordelia obviously didn’t plan on leaving any time soon, so Elizabeth prepared for some serious covering up.

“Decided it was time for a change.” She chose to answer, giving Spike, who was wondering what was going on, an excusing look.

“We were all so shocked when you left, just like that. Was it because of the accident?” Cordelia asked, trying to sound sympathetic.

“Yeah. I just needed to go, too many memories.” At least she wasn’t lying, even if Spike probably thought she was talking about something else.

“I never did get to tell you how sorry I was about what happened, we all were.” Cordelia gave Elizabeth a sad smile before continuing. “So, what are you doing here? Never did think I’d find you in the Big Apple.”

“I’ve lived here for the last five years. And you?” Elizabeth tried to be polite when all she really wanted was to get rid of the intruder.

“I’m in town on a shoot. I’m a model now.” Cordelia said with a smug look on her face. “And who’s this?” She directed at Spike.

“William Giles, nice to meet you.” Spike shook Cordelia’s outstretched hand.

“And you two are...”

“Dating.” Elizabeth answered with a smile.

“That’s cute!” Cordelia innocently waved her left hand in the air so that Elizabeth couldn’t help but see the engagement ring on her finger.

“Well, actually...” Both Elizabeth and Cordelia were surprised when Spike all of a sudden got out of his seat and kneeled before Elizabeth. He pulled a black velvet box out of his pocket and opened it. Inside was a beautiful diamond ring.

“Elizabeth, I have loved you since the first time I saw you. Will you marry me?” Elizabeth could only nod her head, unable to say a word. She threw her arms around Spike and he stood up, lifting her off the ground. A waiter came up to the table with champagne and the surrounding tables burst out in cheers and applause, except for Cordelia who left the couple at the table, an annoyed look on her face.

Spike let Elizabeth down and put the ring on her finger. They both sat back down at the table and Spike poured them champagne. Elizabeth sat staring at the ring for a moment, amazed.

“God, I can’t believe you...” She had tears in her eyes when she looked up at him. He took her hands in his, looking deep in her eyes.

“You better believe it. I love you, and I have for a long time.” She leaned over the table and gave him a kiss.

“I love you too.”

“I was going to wait until later, had everything planned out, but then miss High-and-Mighty showed up and I reckoned you needed some saving.” She laughed at his description of Cordelia. “Not a long lost friend, I guess?”

“Not really. We were in the same group of friends for a while, before I realized there was more to life than money and clothes.” Elizabeth looked over her shoulder to find Cordelia a few tables away, talking on her cell phone, every now and then looking their way. She could only imagine who she was talking to. “I guess all of Sunnydale will know where I am by the end of the night.” She sighed.

“Is that a bad thing?” Spike asked, careful not to make her uncomfortable. This was the most she had talked about her past since they started dating.

“I guess not... there’s nothing there for me anymore.” Spike could see the pain in her eyes.

“So... Buffy?” Elizabeth laughed at the look on his face.

“An old nickname. I left it when I left Sunnydale.” She didn’t explain any further.

“The accident she was talking about... your dad?” He tried to keep eye contact with her, but she looked away and chose to just nod. She wasn’t ready to talk about the rest of her past just yet.