Author's Chapter Notes:
Here's the epilogue for you, hope you like it. Thanks to everyone who's reviewed this story.

I don't own any of the characters.

Thanks to Nichole for all her help.
Epilogue


“Are you sure you’ll be OK?” Spike asked as Buffy dragged him to the DeSoto.

“Dad, you’ll be gone two days.” Will said from the porch. “I think I can manage.”

“He’ll be fine, Spike.” Buffy assured Spike as she shut the door to the passenger side behind her. “Get in the car.”

“Yes, Spike, we’ll be fine.” Giles contributed as he walked through the front door. “I am fully capable of taking care of my own grandchild for the weekend.”

“I know you are, Giles, I just...”

“Get. In. The. Car!” Buffy interrupted him and Spike obeyed.

“OK, we’re going, call if something apocalyptic happens. Love you!” Buffy called through the window as Spike pulled out of the drive way.

*****

“Are you sure they’ll be OK?” Spike asked for possibly the hundredth time.

“You do realize that Giles has been alone with Will since he was born, right?” Buffy asked.

“I know that, I just don’t... like leaving him, ‘sall.” Spike kept his eyes on the road, but Buffy could see the pain in them.

“Hey. We’ll be gone two days.” She said putting a hand on his arm. “It’s not like we’re leaving him for good. We just need some time away.” She let her hand travel lower. “Alone. Together.” Spike batted her hand away.

“OK, point taken. Do you want me to crash the car?”

*****

“Wow, this place is amazing.” Buffy said as she surveyed the suite they had rented at the Marriott in LA for the weekend. It was their anniversary, exactly one year since they had kissed – and more – after taking out the vampire nest in the docks.

“Only the best for my girl.” Spike said as he walked up behind her and wrapped his arms around her waist. Buffy turned in his embrace and gave him a kiss before breaking away and heading into the bathroom to check it out.

“So, what should we do first?” She called through the open door.

“I have a few suggestions.” Spike said under his breath.

“I heard that.” Buffy said, emerging from the bathroom. “And, no, we’re not doing that. First, I mean.”

“I’m gonna hold you to that, you know.” Spike said, smirking at her.

“You better.”

*****

“Let’s go dancing!” Buffy announced as they exited the small French restaurant.

“I thought we’d go back to the hotel, do some... private dancing there.” Spike said, pulling Buffy in close for a kiss.

“Uh uh, mister. I wanna go dancing.” She responded and pulled away, waving a cab. “Sunset Boulevard, please.” She said to the driver. Spike got into the back seat next to her. She leaned her head against his shoulder and closed her eyes for a moment, letting a yawn escape her.

“See, you’re tired. Driver, make that the Marriott instead.”

“No, Sunset Boulevard.” Buffy said, giving Spike her best puppy dog eyes. “Please, baby? I really wanna go dancing.”

“Oh, fine.” Spike said. He never had been able to resist her. Buffy replaced her head on his shoulder and he put an arm around her, caressing the soft skin on her shoulder while his other hand made contact with Buffy’s knee.

“Spike, not here.” Buffy hissed, but Spike took no notice of her. He mover his hand further up her thigh, letting it slip under her skirt and found the silky material of her underwear. He heard Buffy gasp for air and froze for a moment. As she parted her legs slightly, he let his hand slip in under her panties while placing kisses along her neck and shoulder.

“Still wanna go dancing?” He asked as he slipped one finger inside her.

“The Marriott, please.”

*****

They managed to control themselves until they got into the elevator. As soon as the doors closed, Buffy wrapped her arms around Spike’s neck and attacked his mouth. In response, he lifted her up so she could wrap her legs around him. Their tongues met and caressed, and they both moaned in pleasure.

As the elevator stopped on their floor, Spike stumbled out of the elevator and down the corridor. He somehow managed to find their door and started looking for the cardkey, not able to remember where he put it. The fact that Buffy was licking and kissing down his throat while she unbuttoned his shirt didn’t exactly help.

He finally found the card and put it in the electronic lock, which clicked as the door opened. Spike used one hand to open the door and the other to pull Buffy’s top over her head. He kicked the door shut behind them and headed straight for the bedroom, getting rid of his shirt as well as Buffy’s bra on the way, while Buffy worked on the buttons in his pants and kicked her shoes off.

As they got into the bedroom, Spike dropped Buffy on the bed. He got rid off his pants before he joined her, and she pulled her skirt off along with her panties. Their lips met again and Buffy pulled him down on top of her, both of them too excited to wait any longer.

Buffy reached between them and positioned him at her entrance. He pulled back from her a little and looked her deep in the eyes as he pushed into her. They both grasped at the sensation and Buffy wrapped her legs around his waist, pulling him in deeper. Spike leaned his forehead against hers, taking deep, unneeded breaths to calm himself.

As he regained some of his self control, Spike slowly pulled almost all the way out of her before thrusting back in. Buffy met his body with her own and they started their very own dance, the one only they knew. Their lips met and their tongues battled, hands roaming over every available piece of skin as they desperately searched for completion. Spike could feel Buffy’s body starting to shiver, and deepened his thrusts. Then he felt something, something he hardly remembered. The taste of fresh human blood. Slayer blood. Before he could react, he felt a pain in his tongue and could taste his own blood as well. He pulled back slightly, giving Buffy a look of both confusion and fear. She looked back at him with eyes filled with want and need, and Spike understood. He kissed her with all the love he had in him, and their blood mixed as their bodies moved together.