Chapter 11

“You’re so handsome in your tux. I could definitely get used to this look,” Buffy said as she fixed Xander’s tie.

“I don’t think it’s something I would be getting used to. Shouldn’t you be saying that to Spike?”

Buffy shrugged. “I haven’t gotten a chance to see him yet. He’s being a baby, as usual.”

Xander nodded in understanding.

Buffy stepped back to look at him better.

He noticed her eyes start to tear up. “No, not the waterworks. I hate to see you cry, Buff.”

She rubbed her eyes. “Don’t worry, these are good tears. I’m just so happy for you.” She gave him a hug and pulled away a few seconds later. “You and Anya are going to be great together.”

“I hope so; I wouldn’t want to screw this up.”

Buffy shook her head. “You won’t, Xander. You’re one of the good ones.”

He was about to reply, but didn’t get a chance.

A young girl opened the door and entered the room. “Are you coming out yet? I can’t handle this crowd by myself. I didn’t realize our family was so crazy.”

Xander laughed. “I’ve known for years.”

Buffy smiled at the girl. “Doesn’t your brother look great, Dawn?”

She nodded and let a smile grace her lips. “Yeah, who knew you could clean up so well?”

Xander rolled his eyes at his younger sister. “We’ll be out in a second. You just keep making sure that Dad stays away from the bar.”

Dawn copied her brother and rolled her eyes as well. “Why do I get all of the hard jobs?” she mumbled and left the room.

Buffy turned back to Xander. “I feel her pain. Your dad is seriously creepy. I feel like he’s undressing me with his eyes whenever he sees me.”

Xander had to smile at how oblivious Buffy could be. “Sweetie, I think every guy has undressed you with his eyes.”

She slapped him lightly on the arm. “Hey, none of that. You’re about to be married, mister.”

Xander gave her a wink. “I still have time for a quickie if you’re up to it.”

“You have your own girl, mate.”

Xander held his hands up in surrender when Spike walked into the room. “Just a little pre-marriage humor.” He took a deep breath and looked at both of his friends. “Okay, let’s get me married,” he claimed, then headed out of the room.

Spike was about to follow, but Buffy grabbed his arm and turned him to look at her.

“You are definitely looking hot in that tux.”

Spike grinned. “You’re not so bad yourself, Goldilocks. Shall we, then?” He held his arm out for her.

Buffy smiled and put her arm through his. “We shall,” she replied.

They both then walked out of the room.


* * * * *


It was a beautiful ceremony.

Xander and Anya were now having their first dance as husband and wife.

She was laughing at something he whispered in her ear.

Buffy smiled as she watched them.

“Penny for your thoughts, love?”

She shook her head. “I just like seeing people happy.”

Spike nodded and also watched the now married couple, then gazed back at Buffy after a few seconds. “Care to dance?” he asked, holding his hand out to her.

She nodded and took his hand in hers.

Spike wrapped his arms around her once they got on the dance floor.

Buffy placed her arms around his neck.

They moved slowly to the song that was playing.

She rested her head against his chest, pulling away after a while to look at him. “Spike, do you ever think about getting married?”

He raised his eyebrows at the unexpected question. “I never really thought about it. I know it’s something that I would want; I just don’t think I’m quite ready yet.”

Buffy agreed. “Yeah, I’m not ready either. I guess we have plenty time for that.”

Spike ran his hands down her back. “That we do, love. We have all the time in the world,” he whispered in her ear.

She rested her head back on his chest as they continued their dance.


* * * * *


Spike grew angry when he saw the boy put his hands on her, even angrier when their lips touched. He wouldn’t stand for that and stomped over to them. He grabbed the boy and pulled him away from her. She didn't look happy.

“Spike, what the hell are you doing?” Dawn said, crossing her arms over her chest.

“Watch your language, nibblet. I’m sure Xander wouldn’t appreciate you snogging this bloke at his wedding.”

Dawn rolled her eyes and was really sick of everyone treating her like a kid. “This is Connor, he’s a friend from school and Xander already knows about him. Stop trying to act like my brother.”

“I’m only looking out for you,” he explained.

That seemed to make her even angrier. “Incase you haven’t noticed, I’m over that crush I used to have on you. I’m almost seventeen now. I’m allowed to make my own decisions.”

Spike was about to reply to that, when he felt someone pull him away. He noticed that it was Buffy.

“Spike, leave her alone. She has a point.”

He wanted to protest, but figured that it would be useless. Spike noticed that Dawn went back to kissing the boy and he just turned away, so he wouldn’t have to look at it. “It’s just hard to picture her grown up now,” he said sadly.

Buffy nodded and wrapped her arms around his waist. “You’ll make a great father. I can already tell that you’ll give a hard time to any boy that Katie brings home.”

Spike pulled away from her. “She won’t be dating at all, if I have anything to say about it.”

Buffy rolled her eyes, but there was a hint of a smile on her face. “I don’t think you’ll be able to stop her. She is my daughter, which means she’ll be very stubborn.”

Spike calmed down a little and put his arm around Buffy, pulling her closer to his side. “No boy will ever be good enough for my little princess.”

Buffy felt tears in her eyes at the fact that Spike thought of Katie as his. She realized that even if Spike didn’t help make Katie, she was just as much his as she was Buffy’s. He would be the perfect father and Buffy wasn’t worried about being alone anymore. She knew that Spike would always be there.