Chapter 16

Buffy and Spike were out at the Bronze a few weeks later. They could both use some time alone, and Joyce was happy to watch the kids. It had been an exhausting few weeks, but they wouldn’t have it any other way. They were smiling when they noticed Xander and Anya arguing in the distance.

“I saw you looking at her, Harris. You are only allowed to give orgasms to me.”

Xander looked embarrassed at her outburst. “Anya, you’re the only woman I notice.”

She rolled her eyes. “I may be a beached whale right now, but that doesn’t mean you should stop loving me.”

Xander wrapped his arms around her. “You always look beautiful, honey. There is nothing in this world that could make me stop loving you.”

Anya felt better at his words and grabbed his hand. “Well, there are ways to make it up to me,” she said with a grin, pulling him out of the Bronze.

Buffy shook her head as she watched them leave. She had a pretty good idea about what they were going to do. Anya was pregnant with her third child now and she never seemed like she wanted to stop. Buffy then noticed Willow and Tara walking over to them and she smiled at the couple. “Hey, you guys finally made it.”

Tara gave a shy smile in return.

Buffy wondered about why they were late.

They both sat down.

Willow glanced at Buffy. “Yeah, there was lots of traffic.”

Buffy knew that was just an excuse, but only nodded. “I’m sure there was.”

Tara just looked nervous.

Buffy found it sweet that she still got like that, even after all of these years.

Spike didn’t have a comment and just gave Buffy a smile to let her know that he knew exactly what they were doing.

She squeezed his leg under the table.

Willow noticed how uncomfortable Tara was looking and smiled at her girlfriend. “You wanna dance, sweetie?”

Tara felt relieved and nodded. “Yeah, that sounds good,” she finally said.

Willow took her hand and pulled her to the dance floor.

Spike glanced around the club after they left and spotted Fred and Wesley. They were snogging on the dance floor and he had to smile at the display. He was glad they finally got together, then felt Buffy stiffen next to him suddenly and wondered what could have caused the change in her mood. “You all right, love?”

Buffy didn’t look away from what had her attention as she answered him. “I just saw someone.”

Spike noticed what she was staring at and saw a man that wasn’t familiar to him, with a blonde woman. A blonde woman that looked way too familiar. “Is that Harmony?” he wondered.

She nodded. “Yeah, and that would be Riley she’s with.”

Spike raised his eyebrows when he finally saw what the other bloke looked like.

Buffy hadn’t seen him since he broke up with her. She figured that he left town after that. She was surprised when she saw the two of them kiss, turning away to look at Spike. “Well, at least he found someone,” she said, still finding it hard to believe that he was actually with Harmony. She was popular in high school, but Buffy never got along with her. She wondered how they met, but then realized that she didn’t even care. She just took Spike’s hand in hers. “Can we go home now?”

Spike nodded and pulled her up.

Buffy took one more look at Riley, then smiled and walked away with Spike.


* * * * *


They got home a little while later and thanked Joyce for watching the kids. They checked on William first to find that he was sleeping peacefully in his crib.

Spike walked over to the crib and placed a kiss on the baby’s forehead, being careful not to wake him.

Buffy smiled as he left the room, then headed over to Katie’s.

They found her awake when they went in there.

Spike sat on the edge of her bed. “You should be asleep, princess.”

She nodded and let out a yawn. “I was waiting for you to tuck me in.”

Spike smiled and did just that. He covered her up and made sure that she was all snug. “There, now you’re all nice and comfy. Sweet dreams, baby,” he whispered and pressed a kiss to her cheek.

“I love you, Daddy,” she said quietly, then dozed off.

Spike never got tired of hearing that, brushing the hair out of her face. “I love you, too.” He got up and walked over to Buffy.

She smiled and took his hand, pulling him into their room. Buffy loved seeing him with the kids. She closed the door once they were inside. “You are so adorable, you know that?”

Spike blushed.

Buffy found it even more charming that he could still manage to do that.

“I guess this is all still new to me. I never thought any of this could happen.”

She pulled him onto the bed. “I’m just grateful that I get to share everything with you. I was so scared and confused when I first found out I was pregnant. I was worried that I would have to handle everything alone; having you come back to town was the best thing that could have happened. You’re my savior, Spike. I love you.”

Spike felt himself tear up at her declaration and wrapped his arms around her.

She hugged him back and laid her head on his shoulder.

“I love you so much, Buffy. You’re my whole world now, you and the kids. I’ll never let any of you down. I promise you that.”

Buffy nodded and held him tighter. “I know you won’t,” she whispered.

They both held each other for a while longer before deciding to get some sleep.

Spike once again wrapped his arms around Buffy.

She rested her head against his chest and felt content for the first time in her life. Spike really was the answer to her prayers. Buffy knew that he would always be there. That was a comforting thought as she finally let sleep claim her.

The End


This came out a lot fluffier than I wanted, but I don’t think that’s a bad thing. I’m usually better at the fluffy stuff than I am at the angst, anyway. I’m still working on another story right now and I’m not really sure when I’ll get around to putting it in, but make sure to look out for that one. Thanks to everyone that reviewed this. I appreciated all of your comments=)