Chapter 2 – Liquid Courage


“You know what your problem is, Spike?” Buffy said with a slur evident in her voice as she swayed toward him.

“Other than buying you three drinks without knowing you’d get pissed?” he replied, taking his shot off the bar and turning to face her.

“Not pissed,” she said with a bright smile, standing up straight and letting the liquid slosh out of her glass and onto Spike’s coat, causing him to grit his teeth as he swiped at it with a handful of napkins. “Happy. See? Happy, happy Buffy.”

“Drunk, Goldilocks. Not pissed off- it means you’re plastered.”

I’m not drunk,” she said, gesturing to herself. “I feel good… good enough for another drink,” she continued, taking the shot glass out of his hand and downing it before Spike could object.

Staring at the woman in shock, Spike rolled his eyes, suddenly wishing that he had never walked into the bar. Or followed her in.

“Because, love. You never know what you might be missing.”

“I think it’s safe to say that I know what I’d be missing, Spike,” Buffy replied in an agitated voice. “And right now, the only thing that’s missing from my life is a beer.”

Grabbing a drink off a waitress’ tray as she passed by, Spike set it in front of the small blonde. “How ‘bout a rum and coke?” he asked with a smile.

Seeing her expression soften for the first time that night as she gave him a half-smile, glancing at him out of the corner of her eye, Buffy nodded, accepting the drink.

“Can’t complain about that,” she said with a grin, taking a sip of the drink and feeling herself immediately relax as the alcohol soothed her nerves.


Three drinks and one shot later, Buffy was wondering why she didn’t give Spike a chance when she first saw him.

“You know,” she said over-pronouncing her words as she leaned toward him. “You’re not as bad as I thought you were.”

“That a fact?” Spike replied, unable to stop smiling when she leaned heavily against him.

“You really are cute,” she said with a bright smile. “If you could just shut up, you would be okay company.”

“If I would just shut up?” he repeated with a raised eyebrow.

Taking on a British accent, Buffy stood up a little straighter. “What do you say we skip this whole soddin’ thing and go to the hotel across the street, cutie?”

“I don’t sound like that. And the offer still stands, love,” he teased with a smile.

“Might have to take you up on that,” she said with her own smile, raising an eyebrow when he turned to look at her in surprise.

“‘Fraid I can’t do that now, Goldilocks. Not gonna take advantage of you when you’re like this.”

“Like what?” she asked innocently, widening her eyes as she walked over to him. “There’s nothing wrong with me,” she continued, running her hand along his chest. “I know exactly what I want.”

Hearing her whispered words while she pressed her body against his, Spike took a deep breath, closing his eyes when her hands ran along the muscles of his abdomen before traveling lower. Catching them as they began to work on his belt buckle, he raised an eyebrow, leading Buffy away from the bar, trying to control his body’s reaction to her.

“We going somewhere?” she asked, her voice taking on a husky quality as she stretched to gently bite his ear before slowly kissing along his neck.

“I think it’s time I get you home, pet,” Spike replied in a choked voice, closing his eyes as he tried to ward off her advances.

“Don’t wanna,” she murmured, smiling when he groaned at the feel of her hands slipping lower to cup the bulge of his pants.

“Not taking advantage of you, Buffy,” he said softly, trying to maintain his resolve.

“Not taking advantage if I want it,” she murmured, tightening her hand around his growing erection while the other hand began working on his zipper, wanting to feel him.

Pushing her into a dark corner, Spike smashed his lips against hers, letting his hands wander over her curves before pulling away, leaving Buffy slightly stunned, her lips still puckered as she wondered where the warm body was.

Wishing that the stunt he pulled had curbed his desire for her, Spike nearly groaned in frustration when he realized that he just wanted her more.

“What’s wrong?” she asked with a coy smile, reaching out to pull him back to her.

“Already told you, love,” he said, his voice slightly breathless as his traitorous hands reached out to wrap around her waist, pulling her closer. “Not doing this… I need to get you home.”

“Not going home,” she said with a pout and a slight whine in her voice. “Wanna have fun. Don’t you want to have fun with me?” she asked, a slow smile spreading across her lips.

“You have no idea,” Spike groaned. “But I’m not doing this while you’re drunk.”

“Not drunk,” she replied, the same smile still in place. “Just lowered inhibitions… it’s more fun.”

Gotta get out of here, Spike thought as his hands tightened around her waist. Before she talks me into something that I really want to do.

“Can’t do this,” he said softly.

Glancing over at the bar, a slow smile spread on her face. “Fine,” she said with a slight huff in her voice before pouting. “I’m sorry… didn’t mean to do that… let me buy you a drink?”

Sensing that he was out of the woods, Spike nodded. “Sounds good, pet.”

* * * * *

Opening her eyes with a slight groan, Buffy looked around the unfamiliar room, pressing a hand to her forehead to try and stave off the pounding headache that was rapidly forming.

Where the hell am I?

Looking around, Buffy nearly gasped when she saw the man lying in bed next to her, sleeping like the dead.

What happened? she asked herself. What the hell was his name?

Pressing her fingertips to her temples, she closed her eyes to stop the pounding that the sunlight was causing.

Spike! His name is Spike.

Thinking for a few more minutes, the events of the night before came back to her. From the alcohol that had her drunk in a matter of minutes to coming on to him in the darkened corner to offering to buy him a drink, Buffy nearly groaned when she realized that Drunk Buffy’s plan had worked like a charm. Lowering Spike’s inhibitions enough to get him to the hotel across the street.

Who would have thought that Drunk Buffy would turn into Slut Buffy?

Her cheeks tinted a bright shade of red as the aching soreness made itself known, spreading from her thighs to her lower back and the pleasant numbness that told her exactly how sated she was. Remembering how they had drunkenly stumbled into the hotel and Spike quickly paid for it, they barely made it up to the room before they were all over each other.

It wasn’t long before he had her up against the wall, and on the chair, and over the chair… and the floor… before finally making it to the bed.

Easing her way out of bed, Buffy bit her lip when Spike rolled onto his side, smacking his lips together as he settled into a deeper sleep.

Slipping out of the bed, she held her breath while gathering her clothes. Her eyes widened when she saw her skirt laying on the balcony.

Oh, we didn’t… we… couldn’t.

Even as the thought flitted through her mind, she vividly remembered Spike pushing her against the outside railing before falling to his knees.

”Spike, anyone can see,” Buffy whispered, betraying her own words as her back arched against the iron rail, feeling his hands traveling up her thighs and practically jerking her skirt down her legs.

“Yeah,” he said with a devilish smirk. “That’s half the fun, Goldilocks.”

Unable to dispute what he was saying, Buffy gasped when he ripped the thong from her body before nearly screaming in pleasure when he immediately latched onto her clit.

The feel of his hot mouth against her and the fact that they could be seen at any moment had Buffy coming almost instantly, twining her fingers through his hair and holding him to her as she rode out her orgasm.


Blushing a violent shade of red at the memory, Buffy tried to ignore the sudden wetness between her legs as she thought of the night before. Quietly opening the balcony door, she grabbed her skirt and slipped it on before continuing to look for the rest of her clothes.

Finding her bra hanging over the lampshade, she continued to search for her shoes and shirt. Seeing one shoe on the floor next to the bed, she dropped to her knees, lifting the comforter and breathing a sigh of relief when she saw the other shoe.

“Shirt,” she muttered quietly to herself. “Need my shirt.”

Standing up, Buffy nearly groaned when she saw it partially beneath Spike’s naked hips. Worrying her bottom lip for a moment, she took a deep breath before her eyes lit up, seeing his red shirt on the floor next to the bathroom, lying next to his black t-shirt.

Glancing at the bed once more, Buffy quickly put the shirt on, hoping he would understand. Catching a glimpse of herself in the bathroom mirror, her eyes widened. Doing what she could to smooth down her tousled hair, she worked the knots out of the long strands, trying not to pay attention to the bite marks that layered her neck and the exposed part of her chest. Buttoning the shirt even more, she nervously licked her swollen lips, shivering when she tasted him.

Get out of here, she told herself, casting a long look at the bed before quietly grabbing her purse that was dropped next to the door and slipping out of the room.

It was a mistake… just a fun night in a strange city. Time to go home.








Thanks so much to: Cordykitten, Caitie, TammyAsh666, blondiebear, willowmouse, Stephanie, M & baby spikes for reviewing!