A couple of hours later Spike strolled downstairs to find his Scooby ladies all sitting around on lobby couches filling Cordelia in on the latest happenings in good ole Sunnyhell. The smile on Buffy's face was so beautiful; he paused for a minute to catch an unneeded breath. She sensed he was in the room and looked up to greet him.

"Hey, Spike," she greeted him, and then picked up a bottle of black nail polish, "It's been awhile." Buffy patted the couch beside her. Spike sauntered over to her and plopped down on the couch. He hadn't really planned on having her paint his nails, but just then Angel and Connor came out of one of the offices. The pair of them started to throw Spike dirty looks. And he couldn't resist pissing them off even more. Spike made a big show of cuddling up with Buffy.

"Sure, Slayer," replied Spike, placing one of his hands in hers. She shook the nail polish before opening it. Buffy caressed Spike's hand as she began to paint on the black polish.

"Why did you stop wearing your polish, Spike?" she asked.

"When Glory beat me up," replied Spike, "She broke my hand. Then we lot were too busy running for our lives from those sodden knights. Then...I just didn't care. If it hadn't been for my promise..." Spike looked down at his and Buffy's entwined hands. Each of the Scooby ladies reached out and touched Spike.

"I had to blackmail him into coming back to the house with me," Dawn said, remembering how heartbroken the vampire was when Buffy had taken her dive off the tower, "He wanted us to just leave him there. He couldn't walk away on his own. The fall had broken his legs."

Angel could no longer stand to watch and listen to what was going on. He knew he had to show Buffy and the other ladies what kind of monster Spike really was. He was sure soon they would be kicking Spike to the curb. So entrenched in his supposed righteous anger and disdain, he didn't notice that everyone in the room except Connor was ignoring him.

"Buffy, can I talk to you in private for a moment?" Angel said, as she pouted. Buffy looked up from Spike's hand to look at her ex. She realized that he was once again being childish and petulant.

"Anything you need to say to me can be said in front of my friends," Buffy announced. She was getting tired of Angel and his whole stupid attitude. The whole "I can't be with you, but you can't be with anyone else" thing was wearing on her nerves.

"Fine! You know he is just waiting to get the chip out and then he will kill you all. That's the way he is," Angel informed Buffy.

"NO, Peaches. That's the way YOU are, not me. These are my girls. All of them. My family. And I will never hurt them," Spike ground out between gritted teeth. He wished the pillock would just shut up and take a walk in the sun or something. And take the darned muttering sprog with him.

"You have threatened to kill all of them before," replied Angel.

"He has not. He has never threatened to kill me," said Dawn, "In fact he has helped me on more than one occasion. He took torture from a Hell-god and never gave up my identity as the Key." Dawn moved in closer to Spike, putting her hand on his shoulder in a sign of support. Spike grinned at his grandsire.

"He has never threatened me, either," revealed Tara, "When my family tried to take me away he hit me and proved I wasn't a demon." She, too, moved closer to Spike to put her hand on his shoulder. Spike reached up and patted Tara's hand, being careful not to smudge his newly painted nails.

"He threatened me one time, but later told me he liked me in the little pink fuzzy number with the lilac underneath that I was wearing.. It was sorta sweet in an evil kinda way....." Willow trailed off as she saw her friends look at her funny. She rolled her eyes at them and moved in closer to Tara.

"He has never really threatened me, tried to mug me once, but that was a long time ago. He did get me those great Gorlock customers though. They give me lots and lots of money at the Magic Box," said Anya, beaming at the vampire in question. She awkwardly patted him on the shoulder.

"That's all good and well, Buffy, but what about you? You know it's all a ploy to get you vulnerable so when the chip is out he can kill you!" Angel restated his argument. Why the heck couldn't these women see the truth of things? What was it about his grandchilde that made the sanest women do stupid things?

Buffy glanced up at Spike from under her lashes. He gave her just the smallest of nods indicating he was ready for the next big fallout. He knew she was about to spill the beans about herself and his chip.

"That argument won't work with me, Angel. Spike's chip hasn't worked on me ever since I pulled out of Heaven," stated Buffy, "It's one of the things we found out months ago."

"Never hurt you, kitten. You know that," Spike said softly, lifting his hand to her face. Buffy smiled up at him brightly.

"When did you find this out?" asked Dawn.

"During the diamond heist, and then we had a knockdown drag out fight later," replied Buffy. Buffy moved closer to Spike and laid her head on Spike's shoulder.

"Who won?"

"I did," replied both Spike and Buffy. Buffy then jerked away from Spike to give him an incredulous look.

"You so did not, Spike. I won!" Buffy said, "Who was on top first? I can't believe I said that." Spike smirked at her, shaking his head. His girl blurted out the strangest things. Took him back to before he serenaded her where she had blurted out about what else would she be pumping him for besides information.

"What the heck is going on with comedy routine?" growled Angel, "Why haven't you staked Spike yet? As soon as he gets you alone he will kill you."

"I will not, you stupid sod. I have been alone with Buffy plenty of times. The Scoobies have all been preoccupied the past few months, they wouldn't have even noticed she was missing till I was long, long gone," Spike glanced at the Scooby ladies in apology, but they all nodded towards him understanding what he was talking about, "Besides, I would never hurt my mate and the mother of my child."

Spike's announcement caused various reactions in the others present in the room. Dawn bounced with joy. She hadn't been able to keep it a secret from the other ladies because while out shopping she kept looking at baby things and they had gotten curious. So this had been a good thing. They showed a unified front to Angel. Cordy was astonished but after spending so many years first with Buffy's group and then with Angel, nothing really, truly surprised her. She offered a quiet, heartfelt congratulation. She knew Buffy had moved on, now if she could just convince Angel.

"Buffy, you don't have to tie yourself to this creature. There are ways to break the claim," Angel moved towards his former flame. Then he saw the glint in her eyes, a hard steely glint he had never seen thrown in his direction before.

"I don't want to break the claim, Angel. I fully reciprocated the claim. Spike is mine, always and forever," Buffy stated firmly. She was tired of this bullshit from Angel. He was getting on her last nerve.

"But.." Angel started again and was silenced when Buffy put her hand up.

"Angel, I really wish you that the next woman who says she loves you would make you grovel at her feet any time she wanted," Buffy said.

Anya's face changed as she said "Wish Granted."

Cordy looked at Buffy in shock. Buffy just lifted her eyebrows and tilted her head to indicate Angel. Buffy had noticed how Cordelia had sounded when she talked about Angel. How she had reacted when he entered the room.

"Angel, I love you," she practically shouted, "So Anya, how does the groveling thing work?" This was going to be so much fun. As soon as she taught him a lesson, never again would he be rude to anyone.

"Oh easy. Just say 'grovel' and he will fall at your feet kissing them, then to make him stop, say 'stop groveling'. Glad to be of service, Buffy and Cordelia," Anya said, informatively. She nodded happily at the other ladies as they smiled at her. They were all tired of Angel and his blustering, too.

Connor couldn't stay still a moment longer, "How can you people be around two soulless demons? They both need to die!" Buffy jumped up and stood in front of her mate and friends. She decided to tell this kid a thing or two. He more than had it coming.

"Let me tell you something, kid. When I was first called, I thought a lot like you. All demons equal evil therefore they had to die. But slowly exceptions were made. My first boyfriend turned out to be a vampire, a vampire with a soul, but still a vampire. My best friend started getting witch powers and her boyfriend was bitten by a werewolf, two more exceptions. My mortal enemy came to me with a truce. He became an exception. Eventually an important exception," Buffy turned and smiled at Spike, "My other best friend began dating an ex-vengeance demon. She became an exception. Spike's friend Clem, an exception. Your empath demon, exception. Pretty soon the black and white becomes gray. Cordy, now half demon, exception. Just as Maggie Walsh, the Geek Trio, The Knights Templars, Ben, have all shown me that humans aren't always in the white area. You need to learn that, kid, before you do something stupid. Don't touch my demons."

"No, don't want to cross a brassed off Slayer, boy. Your nose would pay the price," Spike chortled. He loved it when Buffy did her speeches. He reached out, grabbed her hand and pulled her down on his lap. He sat there nuzzling her neck while she continued to stare at Connor. Angel started in on his blustering again, but a sharp "grovel" from Cordy had him quiet and kissing her feet. Everyone was quite astonished to see it. Connor stormed up the stairs and disappeared into the upper region of the hotel.

"Need to get us a camera," Spike whispered in Buffy's ear. He thought Angel on the ground groveling was a beautiful sight to behold. Buffy giggled then turned to kiss him full on the mouth in front of everyone. Cordy finally let Angel up and went to sit in a chair across the room where he grumbled until a sharp look from Cordy shut him up.

"We have presents for the baby," Dawn said, gleefully. And with that the ladies all leaped up to get shopping bags from various hiding places, "We will do better later, Buffy. There is only so much you can pick up at the drugstore. We didn't have time to go anywhere else." She handed Buffy a bag that appeared to be a book. Buffy was surprised to find a pregnancy book, similar to a baby book, where all the important facts could be written down. Buffy beamed at her sister and thanked her. She put the book on a nearby table.

Willow and Tara's gift was bibs that said "I 'heart' my mama" and "I 'heart' my daddy." Buffy hopped up off of Spike's lap to give them both a hug. Spike pulled her back down onto his lap when she was finished. He flashed the witches a smile, glad they were being so accepting of all the sudden changes in thier lives. Anya's gift was yellow fleece baby blanket with ducks on it. She shuddered when she told them about the blankets with bunnies on them.

The doors of the hotel opened, allowing Wesley, Gunn and Fred into the room. They each carried two or three bags of takeout food. They swept through the main lobby into the dining room. The food was all placed on a sideboard in buffet style. There was Mexican and Chinese food, enough for everyone. Wesley and Gunn watched with interest as Spike looked through the containers to pick himself out a couple of tacos and a extra spicy Chinese food. And when Wesley pulled a beer out of the fridge, Spike asked for one of those, too.

"Anyone else want a beer?" Wesley asked. A couple of the others nodded yes, but Buffy shook her head.

"Even if I wasn't pregnant, Buffy and alcohol are totally unmixy."

"She sure is," laughed Spike between bites, "The demons told me never to bring her to kitten poker again."

"What did she do?" asked Willow.

"Let all the kittens loose. Bet she's the kinda girl who lets all the lobsters go at the fancy restaurant, too," Spike teased. When Buffy stuck her tongue out at him, he groaned and leaned in to give her a kiss. Right then the doors to the dining room swung open and Xander appeared.

"Hey was wondering where you all were hiding......What the holy hell is going on? Why are Buffy and Spike kissing?" blustered Xander. He didn't notice the Scooby ladies rolling their eyes at him. Spike pulled away from Buffy, finally noticing the newest person in the room.

"Well, well, if it isn't the harem eunuch."

"Evil Undead, get your filthy paws off of Buffy." Xander was so intent on his goal he didn't notice that no one else seemed concerned that Spike and Buffy had locked lips at the dinner table. Well, Angel had minded, but he didn't feel like groveling at the moment so he kept his mouth shut. Anya stood up from her chair to intercept the advancing Xander.

"You leave Buffy and Spike alone, Alexander LaVelle Harris, they both deserve orgasms." Xander couldn't believe he was hearing this. Buffy and the walking dead kissing was not of the good. And no one but him seemed to care. He turned to Willow.

"Did you botch up another spell, Willow?" he accused his friend. When she gave him a nasty look and shook her head, he was even more confused and turning back to Anya.

"Why can't you be accepting of Buffy being with Spike if he makes her happy?" Anya asked her former fiance.

"Because he is an evil, soulless demon," replied Xander. He wondered how Anya could ask him such a question. Then he gasped as her beautiful face changed into the horrific, terrifying face of a vengeance demon.

"You said you still loved me, Xander. That it wasn't my fault that you left me at the altar. I am a demon, again. Do you love me even now?" Anya needled Xander. Xander gulped. Of course he loved Anya, no matter what she was, but what did that have to do with Spike and Buffy. He reluctantly nodded.

"Of course I want to be with you, Anya. I love you no matter what."

"Then leave Spike and Buffy alone. They want to be together and they love each other," commented Anya. Xander started to protest again, but Anya pulled him out of the dining room and began to lecture him about the way he treated others.

"Boy, I wish those two would just elope to Vegas," replied Buffy, smiling up at Spike. She knew that Anya would be keeping Xander in line in regards to Buffy's relationship with Spike. Anya popped back in the room momentarily.

"Wish granted. Thank-you, Buffy," she said.

Dawn bounced up and down in her seat before announcing gleefully, "Road trip to Vegas for everyone."

The End till the sequel is written where Lorne reveals what he saw when our duo sang and the road trip to Vegas happens.