Ambivalence

Chapter 10

Spike lifted Buffy off the floor with little effort and carried her over to his bed. He had just lain her over the covers and was about to crawl up her body when Ursula came barging through the door. Spike’s head snapped up and he growled at the intruder.

Ursula froze in her place, her hand still clutching the doorknob. Her other hand held onto the clothes she had just retrieved from Darla’s room.

“Put the clothes on the chair,” Spike ordered indicating with his head the chair closest to the fireplace.

Spike returned his gaze to Buffy whose eyes were closed and arms were crossed over her chest. He slowly started to pull one arm to her side and held it down by her wrists. He heard her protest silently under her breath as he began to repeat this action with her other arm.

Ursula was on her way out the door, her hand on the knob again when she stopped and turned to ask, “Would you be wanting me to give her a bath when you’re through?”

Spike found the first thing he could throw with his free hand and chucked it at the door just as Ursula was running through it. When the door was shut he hung his head when it dawned on him exactly what he was about to do again and how hard he had tried to cover it up the last time. He let go of the one wrist he had been holding and slowly backed off the bed and Buffy.

Buffy opened her eyes one at a time and looked at Spike. He was standing near the window his back turned to her. He had opened the curtains slightly so as not to let the sun in and was glancing out the window.

“Get yourself washed up and dressed,” He spoke, his hand gesturing behind him to the dress Ursula had left. “Angelus wants to go out as soon as the sun sets.”

Buffy scooted off the bed and quickly made her way to the bathroom, hurriedly shutting the door closed behind her. No sooner had she reached out for the washcloth and pitcher of water that was already in the bathroom did she feel a cool breeze on her back. She turned around to see Spike standing in the doorway a renewed look of anger on his face.

“I didn’t say you could shut the door.”

Spike lingered there, his eyes roaming up and down her nude body waiting for her to make her move. She finally took a hold of the washcloth and rung out the water into the pitcher. When she started to rub the cloth over her body he decided to turn away. His demon wanted to stick around but his body was building up with torment from watching her. If he stayed there any longer then neither one of them would be ready when the sunset.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Buffy checked herself again in the small mirror that was in the bathroom. Her hands went up to her hair, carefully replacing any strays that had gotten loose since Ursula had helped her put it up. When she realized how ridiculous it was for her to be worrying how she looked she dropped her hand. The sun had set only minutes ago and she was still in the bathroom where Spike had left her hours ago. The only time she had left it was when Ursula had come back into the room to help her with the dress. At first she had refused to go out tonight, but quickly changed her mind at the look of fear on Ursula’s face.

Buffy lifted her hands to smooth the material of the green-colored dress she was wearing. It was a near perfect fit like the first dress Angelus had given her to wear of Darla’s. She was still smaller in the top portion compared to Darla it seemed so she did not completely fill out the dress. But this pleased Buffy because instead of her bosoms bursting out they were nicely concealed by all the extra material.

“Oh, Buffy,” Angelus called out, bursting through the door with a small lady trailing behind him carrying what looked to be another dress in her hands.

Angelus stood a couple feet away from Buffy and studied her. He shook his head before turning to the lady and motioning for her to come closer.

“This dress is all wrong.” He said reaching out to Buffy with his right hand and grabbing hold of the dress by her front.

Buffy’s whole bodied tensed as she felt Angelus violently tug at the dress, ripping it off of her body.

“Put that dress on her.”

The lady that had been holding the other dress stepped forward and knelt before Buffy. She placed the dress on the floor so that Buffy could step into it and pulled the dress up over her body. Buffy held the dress in place as the lady went behind her to start securing it closed.

Buffy gasped as the lady got closer and closer to the top of the dress. It was becoming so tight on her that she could barely breathe and felt like she was ready to faint.

“That’s right,” Angelus voiced his approval. “I want the dress so tight that her breasts are touching her chin.”

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Spike was in the foyer with Dru waiting for Angelus to return with Buffy. He had left her by herself all day practically because he was afraid of what he would let happen if he stayed in a room alone with her for too long.

Spike heard Dru whispering under her breath and looked over at his dark beauty. He longed to have her back in his bed again; to fall asleep with her in the same room again would satisfy him. He moved closer to her hoping to convince her that she needed to be with him. That Angelus would shove her aside in a few days time anyway.

“Dru.” He started to speak just as Angelus appeared with Buffy.

“Let us set off into the night.” Angelus barked holding his arm out for Drusilla to take. “Drusilla and I will be in the first carriage. Spike, you and Buffy will take the second carriage.”

“Why are we taking separate carriages?”

Angelus was already out the front door before he answered Spike’s question. “Because we might want to bring a few people back home with us so we will need to be prepared. Better take your lady’s arm so we aren’t late.”

With Angelus’s last remark Spike finally turned to address Buffy. His eyes widened when he saw the final product of Angelus’s work. She looked like one of the many whores Ruby employed. Her breasts were so pushed up and plunging out over the front of the dress he was surprised that they were even covered at all.

Buffy saw the appalling look on Spike’s face and instantly wished she could run back up the stairs and lock herself in a room. Instead she just turned away from his gaze and started toward the door.

“Wait,” Spike heard Ursula call out beside him. He saw her carrying a shawl in her hands and heading in Buffy’s direction. “You’ll be getting cold later on in the night child. Best if you bring this along with you to keep you warm.”

Buffy let Ursula place the shawl around her shoulders. She quickly wrapped it around her front to cover her exposure and smiled softly at Ursula before mouthing the words ‘thank you’ to her.

“Are you two coming?”

Spike was pulled out of his trance from the private interaction in front of him. He stalked past Ursula and grabbed a hold of Buffy’s elbow to pull her along with him.

“That was quite the scene between you and Ursula.” He hissed between his teeth. “You must tell me what you and her have been conversing about all these times alone.”

“Finally,” Angelus sighed when he heard their footsteps as they came up beside him where he was waiting by the carriages. “What is that?!”

Angelus noticed the heavy material that was now covering Buffy. “Where did you get that?” He fumed snatching some of the shawl in his hand and jerking her towards him. “I do no want to see you covered up tonight. I dressed you this way for a reason and I do not appreciate seeing you covered in this foul rag.”

Spike knew it was wrong to try to convince Angelus otherwise, but before he could stop himself he was already voicing his opinion. “She might get cold later.”

Angelus tore the offending shawl off of Buffy and scoffed at Spike. “I guess someone will have to warm her up then.”

Spike shook his head as he watched Drusilla and Angelus load themselves up into the first carriage. He wondered what Angelus had planned tonight that he would need to present Buffy in such a fashion. He glanced down at the petite blonde who was watching the carriage as well as it started off down the stony pathway. Before the end of the night was done he had a feeling she was going to be broken even more.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

“Angelus!” A stocky man greeted at the front door. “I am so glad you could make it!”

“Nowhere else I would rather be this night I can assure you of that.”

The man let out a hearty laugh at Angelus’s response and slapped him on the shoulder before pulling him in for a hug. “You know where the getting is good don’t cha young man?”

“All the time, Jack, all the time.”

Jack greeted Drusilla with a kiss on the hand and briefly acknowledged Spike’s presence before his attention turned to Buffy who had been clinging to Spike’s side.

“Who is this tasty looking treat?” He asked taking her hand in his and bringing it up to his lips. “You look as fresh as a daisy on the first day of spring.” He commented placing a gentle kiss on her hand. He then lifted his face to her neck and inhaled deeply. “She smells fresh too. Where did you find her?” He pulled away from her, his gaze falling to her chest and lingering there as he waited for Angelus to answer his question.

“Oh you know the usual,” Angelus replied offhandedly. “A back alley somewhere on the wrong side of town.”

Jack laughed. “You will let me know when I can have a taste.” He licked his lips. “In more ways than one, yes?”

“I will,” Angelus promised.

Jack noticed Buffy inch a little closer to Spike after hearing what he said. “Or is she already promised to someone else tonight?”

Angelus smiled. “Spike will get it up for no one but his princess. She does not belong to him. She is meant for another tonight. But if I can squeeze you in somehow I will.”

“I look forward to it.” Jack noted glancing one last time at Buffy’s heaving chest before excusing himself to greet more guests that had just arrived.

Drusilla sashayed up to Angelus’s side and hooked her arm into his. “Blood rolls through the air tonight. Our little birdie has fallen from its nest. When will we get a new one?”

“We will not be trading Buffy tonight. I am not done with her yet. For now I just want to do some sharing.”

Spike rolled his eyes when he heard Dru purr into Angelus’s ear. How could he have forgotten about this party? It happened at least once a year and yet somehow it had completely slipped his memory. He looked over at Buffy who was looking as if she would fall over from faint at any moment. She was the reason he had not remembered. All of his thoughts had been on her and finding a way to have her again that he no longer was aware of his surroundings anymore.

This was a social gathering of sorts where men like Angelus would show off their new ladies. This was also the place that Angelus had managed to bring home several women on different occasions. He had either won them for a night from a poker game or just taken them. He brought them home to share his bed and for a time he would only watch as Drusilla shared a bed with them. Spike had never joined in on such festivities as sharing. But since Drusilla was not his and his alone he had no choice but to be alone on those nights. Or step into Ruby’s place for some warmth of another kind to hold him over.

“Spike will you take Drusilla? I would like to have Buffy by my side for most of the night.”

Now it became clear to Spike why Angelus has Buffy all dolled up the way she was. He wanted to use her as leverage to get the best tonight.

“Mummy wants to watch the big boys play,” Drusilla moaned her dislike of being thrown off on Spike.

“Daddy has work to do tonight,” Angelus snapped back. “He promises you will be able to watch later if you behave tonight.”

“Miss Edith can watch too?”

“Miss Edith can join in if it will get you to shut your mouth for awhile.” He half mumbled under his breath, his eyes roaming over the hordes of people. “Yes Miss Edith can watch.”

Drusilla purred again before turning to Spike and going to his side. She looked over at Buffy who was still standing close to Spike and snapped her teeth at her. This caused Buffy to jump slightly.

“Come on pet,” Spike spoke up a bit of a smile on his face from the idea of spending the whole night with his dark princess. “Let us enjoy ourselves.”

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Spike sighed angrily to himself. He was trying so hard to concentrate on Dru who was currently sliding up and down on his hard cock, but all he could think about was what Angelus was doing with Buffy.

They had been going at it for quite some time now on a chair that was located in a tiny space at the end of one of the many upstairs hallways. Very few people had passed by them and when they did only a few had stopped to watch for a bit. Drusilla had enjoyed entertaining their guest but Spike was none to pleased that they were butting in on his time with Drusilla.

“So distant,” Drusilla whimpered holding his face in her hands. “The light blinds you from your dark princess.”

Spike growled low in his throat. He shifted his weight on the chair he was sitting on and grabbed a hold of Drusilla’s waist. Violently he started to thrust her up and down on his cock. He could let Buffy into his thoughts but he would not let Dru see that she was there.

“Only you my pet. Only you,” He corrected fisting his hand into her hair and tilting her head to one side to expose her pale neck. He bit into it just as he was coming inside of her.

After he had his fill of her he leaned back against the wall behind him. He smiled lazily at Drusilla who was pushing herself up off of his lap. This was exactly what he had needed. To be in the arms of his princess again no matter how short that time was. This fleeting moment gave him renewed hope that life would be back to the way it was before the girl had come along.

See he had already forgotten her name.

“Shall we try to blend back into the crowd, luv?” He whispered into her ear.

Drusilla licked her lips and smiled.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

“What did you say her name was again?” The drunken man who was currently pawing at Buffy asked Angleus for the umpteenth time.

Angelus rolled his eyes while shuffling his cards back and forth in his hand. “Elizabeth.”

“Ah, yes. Elizabeth,” The man repeated the name, his face mere inches away from Buffy’s.

Buffy could smell the staleness in his breath from the endless amounts of alcohol he had been consuming. She scrunched her nose up and started to turn her head in the other direction. Halfway into the turn she spotted Drusilla and Spike walking by the doorway hand in hand with huge smiles plastered across their faces.

“William!” Angel shouted, apparently noticing the couple as well. “Play a hand with us.”

Buffy watched as Spike and Drusilla appeared once again in front of the doorway. The smile that had once been prominent on Spike‘s face now gone as if it had never existed.

“I don’t wish to trade anything this evening gentleman. So, I am afraid my company in this hand would not be worth much of your time.” Spike explained as he came into the room an arm lazily draped across Dru’s shoulders.

Angelus laughed as did several of the other men as if they were all enjoying an inside joke at Spike’s expense. “The truth gentleman is not that William doesn’t wish to trade anything tonight. Actually the reason is that everything he came with tonight does not even belong to him so he would have nothing to trade at all.”

“Are you saying that Drusilla and this fine little darling over here are both up for trading?” The drunken man asked. “A package deal?”

“No, it will just be Elizabeth tonight.”

“That sounds fine to me Angelus. I think Elizabeth is just as valuable on her own.” A man with thick golden blonde hair commented. He looked up from the cards in his hand at Buffy and smiled. Placing the cards face down on the table he tapped them once with his finger, indicating to the dealer that he wanted one new card. “In fact I plan to make many wagers for her tonight.”

“Is that right, Lothos?” Angelus remarked casually. “And what do you plan to place up against her since you seem to find her so valuable?”

Lothos looked down at the cards that he had just picked up off the table. “I have two lovely ladies that I think would be worthy of a trade.”

Just then two ladies of identical stature and sharp features appeared from the corner of the room where they had been sitting. They both came up behind Lothos and one by one leaned down to kiss him on either side of his checks.

“Very nice.”

Spike nodded his head in agreement with Angelus. It would be very fun to win a night with those ladies and from the feel of Dru’s tightened hand around his arm he knew that she would enjoy it too.

“Drusilla,” Angelus called out slapping his thigh. “I need my good luck charm sitting with me. William will you take Elizabeth? She seems to be causing quite a distraction with the other men at the table.”

Spike noticed for the first time the man that was trying to coax Buffy out of her chair and into his lap. The man’s hand also played across her face, pulling at her chin to get her to face in his direction. Occasionally the same hand would slip down and graze across the top of her breast. When this happened he noticed Buffy’s body trembling with disgust and fear.

“Won’t the distraction help you with your chances at winning?”

“It would but I guess you could say I want to be an honest man tonight and play fair.”

All the men started laughing once again each raising what ever drink they had in cheers to themselves.

“Now gentlemen,” Angelus spoke up after the laughter had died down. “Let’s make this night interesting, shall we?”

TBC……………