"Ambivalence"

Chapter 4:(NC-17)

Author's note: What can I cay?......I am working on 'Change' right now, or at least i will tonight. Might be a few more days before i post the new chapter. Well, for those of you following this fic i hope you enjoy this chapter...not much happens, but the next chapter is something to look forward to, as you will see why at the end of this one.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

After Buffy ran out, Spike pulled himself together. He cursed himself for his actions earlier. Angelus had played him, he knew he was being set up. Angelus was tiring of his new toy and was pushing her off on him. Only because his interest was now on Dru. But, Spike wouldn't have that. He'd be damned if Angelus stole his love from him and he was given leftovers that he didn't even want. The girl was a mortal, all he wanted to do to her was kill her. To him mortals were dinner, not sex toys.

Spike barged into the room he knew Dru and Angelus to be.

"All right Angelus, you've had your fun, leave, " he growled.

"Spikes been naughty," Dru cooed from her place on the bed.

Angelus smiled at her. "William was just relieving some tension," he corrected, before turning his attention to the angry vamp standing at the foot of the bed.

"Get out of here!"

Angelus smiled slyly. "Dru, do you want daddy to leave?"

"Daddy's going to sleep with his princess."

Spikes' anger increased as he watched his love slide across the bed closer to Angelus and start to nibble on his neck. Angelus angled his head to kiss her. He laced his fingers in her hair and jerked her head back, causing her to gasp in pain.

"Go sleep with the mortal," Angelus ordered. "I'm sure she's scared and needs someone to hold her."

"That all she is now?" Spike asked. " A mortal? For a long time she was your prized toy, not to be touched or talked to."

Angelus groaned. "William, why are you being so difficult? I'm giving you a warm body, someone to keep you warm while Dru sleeps with me."

"I done want your leftovers."

"Daddy," Dru whined. "Send Spike away so we can go to bed."

"You heard her William. She wants you to go away."

Spike remained where he was, debating over killing Angelus right then and there or dragging Dru out of the bed and into his own. When the two objects of his fury started kissing and groping, ignoring the fact that he was still there, he spun on his heel and left the room, slamming the door closed with all his might.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Spike wandered the halls aimlessly, purposely avoiding his room and the girl. he wanted to kill something, terrorize someone, anything to get his mind off Angelus and Dru. But, the impending dawn prevented him from leaving the mansion.

He was just making his second trip through the downstairs hall when he heard music coming from one of the rooms. He must've been so lost in his anger that he didn't hear it sooner when he paced the hall earlier. he followed the music towards a room at the end of the hall.

He entered and saw her, Buffy, seated at the grand piano. Her eyes were closed as her fingers glided over the ivory keys, so she didn't notice him come in. Nor did she hear him walking over to her, his footsteps silenced by the music drifting through the room.

But as she finished the final notes and slowly opened her eyes, she saw him standing next to the piano.

Buffy bolted off the bench and started to make her way around him so she could leave.

"If you know what's good for you, you'll stay," Spike warned, taking a seat on the bench she once occupied.

He settled his fingers over the keys, playing a few, testing their sound.
"Schumann," he said, his focus still on tuning the piano to his liking.

Buffy stood in the center on the room, unmoving. Every now and then she would glance at the door, wondering if she should chance leaving.

"That was what you were playing? Schumann?" he asked, looking over his shoulder at her.

Buffy nodded.

"Schumann, ha! Bloody romantic ponce," Spike spat. "Fool to believe in romance. Romance is dead."

Spike started to play, the unknown tune slowly filling the room with each key he stroked. For a minute the soft music relaxed Buffy, quelled her nerves. Allowed her mind to forget where she was and what was being done to her. That feeling, however, vanished the instant Spike slammed his hands against the piano keys.

"Come here." She heard him order.

Buffy edged her way closer to him. She stopped when only a tiny distance stood between them. A yelp escaped past her lips when his arm shot out and pulled her in front of him, placing her directly between the piano and his legs.

Spike raked his eyes over her, he noticed she was still clad in the white undergarments from earlier. This time, however, he noticed something he had missed the first time. The undergarments were made of a flimsy material, giving him a clear view of the outline of her body.

"What does Angelus see in you?" he asked, raising his eyes up to meet hers.
He reached out one hand to touch her and she flinched. "Shh, its okay. I just want to touch you….that’s all."

Buffy swallowed hard before gradually nodding her head.

Spike rested his hands on her hips. ‘Smart girl,’ he thought ‘Knows not to fight me.’

"What is so interesting about you that he kept you hidden for weeks?" he wondered, moving his hands down along her outer thighs and stopping their descent at her knees. Gently he started to bunch the material in his fists, lifting the skirt higher. When the skirt was high enough he moved one hand underneath, blindly searching for the apex of her legs. He found it and ran his finger lightly over
the outside. He lifted his gaze again, this time to watch her reaction when as he slipped one long finger between the silk folds.

Buffy moaned despite herself. Her hands sought out the piano behind her for balance. Her whole body stiffened when he pressed his thumb into her clit. She felt her knees buckle and her body slowly start to slide down along the piano.

Spike stood and caught her around the waist with his free arm. He hoisted her up and set her on the top of the piano. He pulled his hand out from under her skirt and used it to rip her shirt open. Two rosy peaks stared at him and he couldn't help but consider taking Angelus up on his offer. At least just this one time.

After all what harm could it bring.

"Love can sometimes be magic. But magic can sometimes...just be an illusion." - Javan


TBC…………………