“Ambivalence”

Chapter 7

Rated: NC17

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

“Dru!” Spike yelled as his body found release for the fifth time inside Buffy’s hot channel.

Spike fell limply onto the small body beneath him, air that he didn’t need passing back and forth over his lips. When he felt some bit of strength return to his body he rolled off of Buffy to lay beside her. He ran his hand down along his face and started to laugh deeply.

“Cor, luv,” he groaned through his laughter. “Hate t’ say it, but Angelus taught you well.”

He was so caught up in his own thoughts and relaxed state that he didn’t know Buffy was crying until a sob broke through the silence surrounding them. He turned his head to face her and saw a single tear making its way down one smooth cheek. ‘Bloody hell, what is she crying about?’

Spike looked away from her and pushed the covers off his body. He slid off the bed and made his way over to the fireplace. Once again he found himself fighting off feelings of sympathy. Why was she doing this to him? She was just another human like all of the others he feasted on night after night. So, why should he feel any different about the pain he was causing her.

Spike turned sharply. He stared at the girl laying in his bed, her face turned away from him. He had to get to the bottom of this. He had to know why she was offered to him so easily by Angelus.

With determination in his step he plodded back over to his bed. Ignoring the tears and pain he saw in her eyes when she looked up at him, he yanked the covers free from her body. She was still dressed in her chemise skirt and that’s when he noticed the small amounts of dried blood covering the front. He pulled her up by her shoulders, his nails digging into her skin.

“What did you do?” he growled.

Another sob tore from Buffy’s throat, this one long and hoarse. Shame and anger bubbled up inside her for he first time since she had lost her innocence. Raising her hands to rest against the chest in front of her, she pushed with all her might against it. Hoping to get him away from her.

“Don’t touch me,” she seethed. “You evil, horrible man.”

Spike smirked at her. This girl who used to be the shy and quite was now turning into a little spitfire right before his eyes. He began to chuckle as Buffy continued her efforts to overpower him. Lifting his head towards the ceiling he let out a howl.

“Nice to know you think of me as a man, luv,” He remarked as he watched her. “But, ‘m not a man. I’m a demon down to the very core.”

Buffy lifted her gaze to his and glared at him. “Yes, you are,” she agreed. “Any man who would take the virtue of a lady so wantonly is nothing more than an evil careless demon.”

The smirk remained on his face as he laughed at her. “Feisty arent you. What happened to the vulnerable, willing girl last night? Not that I don’t like the way you look right now. Seething with anger. Rage burning…” he paused mid-way as her words finally registered in his brain. “Virtue? What are you? A virgin.”

Buffy’s anger quickly turned to misery as tears started to form in her eyes. His last two words were barely above a whisper and when she heard the shock in his voice she broke. She feel into a heap on the floor as his hold on her was released. Sobs raked through her body as her shame and humiliation became more intense.

Spike slowly moved away from the girl curled up into a tight ball at his feet. One thought raced through his mind as he tried to figure out what was happening. She had been a virgin. Angelus had given her to him knowing this. He had know without telling him. Why?

Spikes eyes widened even more as realization hit him. Angelus knew what he would do. Angelus knew he would claim her body for one night as his. But why did he want him to do it? What did he have planned for him now that he had fallen into his trap.

“Get up,” Spike ordered.

When the girl on the floor didn’t budge Spike rushed over to her and yanked her up to her feet. The girl let herself go limp in his arms.

“Listen to me, pet,” Spike said, pushing her back so he could see her face better. “I didn’t know you were a virgin. Do you hear me? For weeks you were in Angelus’s bed. What else would you two have done in there besides shag?”

Buffy stiffened in his arms as memories form her time with Angelus assaulted her mind. She was forced to do horrible things with him, more horrible then anything imaginable.

“The sun’s almost setting,” Spike told her, setting her down to sit on the edge of the bed. “I have to get out of ‘ere before him and Dru wake up.”
“Where?” Buffy asked, lifting her head up to look at him.

“Out,” was all he said. “Now, you have to promise me you won’t breath a word of what happened between us last night. They can’t know.”

“Why?”

“Promise me.”

“I promise.”

Spike nodded his head and turned. He walked over to the bedroom door and opened it.

“Stay here,” he said before closing the door shut behind him.

Stepping out into the hallway he tried to remember the servant that had been in his room last night when he came in with Buffy in his arms.

“Ursula,” eh mumbled when the name popped into his head.

Searching up and down the hallways and in all the rooms, he finally found her folding linens in the laundry room.

Ignoring the frightened glances being thrown at him from other servants in the room, he stalked over to her.

“Come with me,” He commanded. “Now.”

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Buffy’s head shot up at the sound of the bedroom door being opened. She watched as Spike came in, followed by a little old lady. The old lady noticed Buffy sitting on the bed, still half dressed, and blushed.

Buffy pulled the sheet from the bed up to cover her chest. She turned her gaze from the little old lady to Spike, her eyes filled with confusion.

“This is Ursula,” Spike informed her, leading the little old lady closer to the bed. “She will be seeing to your needs. Anything you want you ask her for.”

Buffy nodded her head in understanding.

Spike pulled Ursula with him towards the door. He glanced back at Buffy before leaning down to whisper in Ursula’s ear.

“You scrub her until she bleeds. I don’t want any trace of me on her by the time she’s done bathing. Is that clear?”

“Yes sir.”

“And, just so we’re clear on everything,” he added, pulling back to look her directly in the eyes. “You tell Angelus about what you saw last night, or anyone. Then the next blood that fills our bellies will be your own.”

“Y…yes sir.” she stuttered, backing a little ways away from him.

“Good girl,” he praised.

Spike took one last look at Buffy. Taking in her disheveled look and instantly regretting that he couldn’t take her one last time. But that would be a mistake. He had to end this now before he got to deep into Angelus’s plan. Everything he wanted to do with Buffy had to wait until he knew exactly what Angelus was up to. He refused to let Angelus have the upper hand.