Buffy woke up early the next morning, still curled in William's arms, and smiled. After the nightmare of the past few days without him, it was such a relief to be back with the man she loved, especially now that she had the assurance that he loved her, too. Just knowing that made everything seem better, brighter somehow. Her smile grew as she thought about how he looked at her whenever he said those three little words. She'd never had anyone look at her like she was that special before, not even her own parents.

She wanted to be able to see his eyes now, to look into their blue depths. Buffy kissed his cheek, traveling her lips down his jaw to the spot below his ear that always managed to drive him crazy. William murmured and shifted against her, but stayed asleep. Buffy sighed, deciding she'd need to be a bit more…persuasive. Her hand slipped beneath the covers and took hold of William's cock, feeling it jump in her palm. She stroked him to hardness as William began to stir, thrusting against her.

Buffy knew William was awake when his breathing changed. She gripped him harder, waiting until she could feel him getting close before she took her hand away.

William's eyes opened then. "That's a bit cruel, pet," he said, his voice rough and husky from both sleep and desire.

"I wanted to wake you up," Buffy replied with a small grin as she looked into his eyes the way she'd been craving.

"Well, you've certainly managed to do that," William said. "And now that you've gotten what you wanted, what are you planning to do with me?"

Buffy responded with a wicked smile before diving under the covers. William called out as he felt her lips wrap around his cock, Buffy finishing with her mouth what she had started with her hand.

She was licking her lips as she climbed back up William's body. "Like that, baby," she cooed, bringing her mouth up against his ear, nipping at the lobe.

"Always do," William replied, turning his face so he could look at her. "You are so beautiful," he said as he stroked her cheek. "Perfection."

Buffy colored slightly at that, his words of praise having an effect on her that no wanton act could. "I don't think I'm that…"

"I do. And nothing's going to change my mind." William cupped her face, pulling her in for a kiss. Buffy melted against him, her fingers moving into his hair. Every time William kissed her, it made her feel as if she was spinning out of control and she had to hold on to something…

When William broke away, Buffy was panting, her cheeks flushed with desire. "I want to see you at your most beautiful," William told her, looking into her eyes.

"When's that?" Buffy asked.

"When you come." Buffy gasped as William's hand dipped down beneath the sheets to her slick folds, his fingers finding her clit.

William watched her face as he pleasured her, loving the expressions he could bring to her features. "So gorgeous, baby," he said softly as he rubbed her faster, wanting to take her over the edge.

Buffy moaned, clutching on to William's shoulder for support. What he was doing to her now was just another testament to how much more he cared for her than Angel ever had. William had always paid close attention to her reactions, quickly learning how to best bring her sexual satisfaction. He'd never been solely focused on himself, instead taking care to make sure Buffy enjoyed herself as well. He even took delight in her pleasure.

William listened to Buffy's breathing hitch as she drew closer to her release. He stayed transfixed on her face until she finally shattered against his talented fingers, coming with a moan of pleasure. He pulled his hand up as her body's tremors slowed and leaned in to kiss her forehead. "Beautiful," he murmured against her skin. "Bloody beautiful."

Buffy slid back into his arms, resting her head against his chest and listening to the steady thump of his heart. "Can we just put the morning on pause?" she asked softly. "Let it stay right here, exactly like this forever."

"Like being in my arms, pet?"

"Mmmhmm. It's the perfect place." Buffy looked up, making eye contact with William. "I'm not leaving England at the end of the school year."

During their reconciliation, Buffy's eventual return to the States had been something William had tried to push from his mind. Dwelling on that would've ruined the moment. But if she wasn't going back, then he wouldn't have to worry about losing her in a few months. They could stay together after high school, and possibly even make a grab for forever. "You're not?"

"Nope. Giles said I can stay with him and then go to college here in England."

"So we can really stay together then?"

Buffy nodded. "That's one of the definite plusses of this new plan. Right up there with not having to go back and deal with my parents again."

William's smile was wide. " I really do get to keep you?"

"Yep. I'm all yours. Your own personal Buffy."

"Just what I've always wanted," William said, tightening his arms around her. "Pet?"

"Hmm?"

"Do you think maybe you could come over for dinner tonight—to meet my mother?"

Buffy quirked her eyebrow. "So I get to meet her now? You're not trying to keep us apart anymore?"

"I wasn't trying to keep you two apart." At Buffy's look, William sighed. "Okay, maybe I was, but I didn't mean anything by it. I just didn't know how to handle this. I wasn't sure how my mother would feel about me having a sexual relationship, and I was worried that if she saw us together, she'd know, and she'd try to put an end to it. It was stupid of me, I know, but I was just afraid of losing you."

"But you're not afraid of that now?"

"Oh, she knows now. And she didn't freak and forbid us from ever seeing each other again, so I guess she's okay with it. As okay as a mother can be with this sort of thing anyway…"

"Your mother knows? How did that happen? Were we too loud?" Buffy asked.

"No. The maid found your underwear in my sheets when she was doing the wash."

Much to William's surprise, Buffy blushed a little at that. "Must've been those ones I couldn't find the other day."

"You lost your underwear and didn't say anything?"

Buffy shrugged. "I thought maybe I just hadn't worn any and couldn't remember. I've been known to do that."

"I've noticed."

"So your mom knows. How did that little chat go?"

"Not the most embarrassing moment of my life, but pretty high up there," William replied. "She didn't flip out, which was good, but sex and my mother are two things I don't ever want to have to think about at the same time ever, ever again."

"Yeah, I can see that. And yes, I'll come to dinner tonight. I'd very much like to meet your mother."

"Good, it's all settled then." William leaned in and gave her a quick kiss. "Now how about we shift the focus somewhere else until we have to get out of bed?"

Buffy responded with a slow smile. "I think I can deal with that."

*** *** ***

"Well, you've sure been in a good mood today," Willow said as she joined Buffy at lunch. "Are you still riding the high of Cecily's expulsion?"

"Little bit, yeah, but there's more than that." Buffy smiled brightly. "I'm back with William."

"Really?" Willow asked with a gasp. "But what about the whole him kissing Cecily the cow thing?"

"Misunderstanding," Buffy replied. "William says she was the one doing the kissing and that he pushed her away. And yeah, there's a little bit of jaded Buffy left in me saying I'm setting myself up for heartache if I accept that and take him back, but I've decided to ignore that voice, 'cause it'll only lead to much badness. William said he didn't kiss Cecily, and that's good enough for me." Buffy's smile grew, and a twinkle sparked in her eyes. "Besides, he loves me."

Willow leaned forward as she exclaimed, "He loves you?!"

"Yep. He said so last night. So now we're back together, and you know what? I'm just going to let that be a completely good thing. We're happy, we enjoy being together, and we're in love—there's no reason for me to be all paranoid. Time to put my past behind me and accept the brightness that is my future."

"Wow. Are you sure you're the same Buffy Summers I met a couple of months ago, 'cause while you do look like her, you certainly don't sound like her."

"I'm still Buffy, just new and improved—and very much in love."

"I'm so happy for you," Willow said. "And I'm happy that William turned out not to be a jerkface after all."

Buffy chuckled. "Me, too. And this is really nice, the whole being in a good relationship thing. It so beats my usual angsting."

"Seems like it. I've never seen you this smiley." Willow pointed to Buffy's plate. "You're not even maligning the mushy peas."

"I know!" Buffy exclaimed. "I'm in such a good mood I don't even care that I have to eat British food!" Buffy cleared her throat. "Speaking of, I'm having dinner with William and his mother tonight."

"Oooh, meeting the mom. How do you think that'll go?" Willow asked.

"Good, I hope," Buffy answered. "William said that she knows we've been sleeping together and that she took it pretty well, so I'm hoping that's a sign that she's okay with me and William."

"She knows? How did she find out? Did William tell her?" Willow gaped at the thought. What sort of teenager let their parents know they were having sex?

"No, he didn't tell her," Buffy replied, shaking her head. "He said a pair of my panties ended up in his sheets and got found on wash day."

"Eep! Wow. I bet William was mortified. I know I would've been…"

"Oh, I have no doubt he was," Buffy said. "He gets embarrassed so easily anyway, and that would make just about anyone want to crawl under a rock. I'm just hoping she's too proper and British to mention anything around me. I've had enough of that sort of meet-the-mother dinners for one lifetime."

"Huh?" Willow asked, her brow wrinkling with confusion.

"Oh, it was a while ago," Buffy said, waving her hand dismissively. "I had dinner with this guy I'd been seeing and his parents, and in the middle of the meal his mother blurted out, 'I know you're sleeping with my son.' Then she started questioning my method of birth control and asking about my medical history—all while we were sitting at the table eating dinner."

Willow's eyes widened. "Are you serious?"

"Yep. It was just like, 'Pass the bread, and oh—you're banging my son.' And then my boyfriend at the time got all upset, and then his dad had to put his two cents in—it was a whole big mess. So yeah, as long as this goes better than that, I'll be fine."

"Wow. I'm hoping it goes better than that, too. That sounds really…unpleasant."

"It was." Buffy took a deep breath before smiling again. "But I'm feeling really optimistic about this. From what William has said, his mother seems really nice, and I'm sure she'll like me. Besides, I'm young and in love so things are all good."

Buffy felt her heart lighten as she made that declaration. After all, it was true—and she couldn't be happier about it.

*** *** ***

Sorry for the delay in posting. My computer started smelling like it was on fire every time I turned it on, so I had to use the world's crappiest laptop while I waited for a replacement part in order to fix the problem. On top of that, I also went out of town for a few days to visit my internetless grandmother. So between the two, I didn't get a lot of writing done.

Also, I had a few people ask if the story was over yet. Just to clarify things, when the fic has ended, I will clearly state that it's over. And just for the record, this isn't the end either. There's still a couple more chapters to go.