Buffy leaned back against the side of the tub, a moan escaping from her mouth. "This feels sooo nice," she said, her eyes sliding shut.

"It does," William agreed. "I have muscles I didn't even know were there until they started aching."

Buffy giggled. "Welcome to the exciting world of fuck-a-thons." She opened her eyes again to see William grinning back at her. Then his expression changed to something else as he ran his tongue over his teeth in a way she was pretty certain could be classified as porn. She gave him a sultry smile in response, reaching across the tub with her leg and gently rubbing his chest with her foot.

William looked down at the cotton-candy-pink colored toes, unable to resist pulling them to his mouth. He kissed the tips of them before sucking on them, smiling around the digits as Buffy moaned. She'd never had a man do that before, and she hadn't imagined that it could feel so good.

She pulled her leg away from him before coming to the other side of the tub, straddling his waist. "Every little thing you do turns me on," she told him, pressing kisses against his neck.

William groaned, pushing himself up against Buffy's hot center. The feel of the warm water around his aching erection was a new sensation for him during sex, and one he was definitely enjoying. Then Buffy slid down, taking him inside, and the heat he felt then was even more exquisite.

Water sloshed out of the tub as she rode him, but neither one of them seemed to care. William watched Buffy as she moved up and down, squeezing him with her internal muscles. The more he did this with her, the more he wanted it, craved it. He'd found his mind drifting to her almost constantly, and when he wasn't inside her he was desperate to get there. His need for her consumed him.

Suddenly, she stopped, sliding off on him, and William clutched at her arm, wide-eyed and panting. "Where…"

"Just want to try something," Buffy told him. "Turn a bit." She helped him maneuver to the side of the tub so he was facing one of the water jets and she came down again, straddling him backwards. She positioned herself so the stream of water was hitting her clit, making her head fall back against William's shoulder as she moaned.

Slowly, she started to move on him again, and William took hold of her hips, guiding her. The water from the jets was rushing around them and Buffy was making the hottest little noises, spurring William on. He moved his hands up, stroking her sides before coming to rest on her nipples, massaging and pulling on them as she frantically moved on his cock. His balls tightened, and he could tell she was close, too, the signs of her impending orgasm ones that he'd become familiar with over the past few days. He leaned in, whispering in her ear, "Come for me, kitten. Show me I can make you feel good."

Buffy followed his command with a shout, arching against him and into the hands still on her breasts. William pushed his hips up hard, splashing water all over the floor as he released inside of her, moaning her name.

Buffy whimpered, struggling to reposition herself, the feel of the rushing water now too much on her over-sensitive clit. She stayed in his lap, facing him now, her head resting on his shoulder. William wrapped his arms around her, keeping her close. He loved how she'd do this, stay in his arms even after they'd finished, obviously still wanting to be near him. It meant so much to him that she was willing to share this with him.

William heard Buffy chuckle, and he reached up, pushing her damp hair away from her face. "What's funny, luv?"

"I was just thinking about how I thought I was going to be bored out of my mind the whole time I was here. I'd probably be about to snap if I hadn't met you."

William wondered if that's what he was to her—something to keep the boredom at bay. It was something he could be for her, was willing to be if it meant it would make her happy. He certainly couldn't give her what he was sure most other men could, but he could do this. "Happy to oblige, pet."

"Mmm…you've been very…obliging." She kissed him, and William moaned against her lips, still holding her tight.

*** *** ***

"The West Coast has the sunshine
And the girls all get so tanned
I dig a French bikini on Hawaii Island
Dolls by a palm tree in the sand."

William leaned against the door jamb of Buffy's bathroom clad only his boxers, smirking as he watched Buffy singing to herself as she dried her hair. She was wearing a pale green silk robe that stopped high on her thighs, giving him a great view of her tanned legs.

"I wish they all could be California girls…"

William smirked. He'd heard that song before, though he'd never given it much thought or attention. His feelings had certainly changed as of late, and he could see the allure. If all the girls in California were like Buffy, then it was a sentiment he shared completely.

She flipped her hair over, drying the underside of it, and William walked over to the bed, lying down on it and watching her through the open door. Her bottom was barely covered by the material of her robe, and he licked his lips, adjusting himself in his boxers as he thought of what she'd let him do earlier.

He wasn't sure if he'd ever felt this relaxed in his life. He propped his hands behind his head, smiling. Buffy was incredible. The things she did to him…the way she made him feel. He couldn't get enough.

William turned slightly, noticing something poking out from under Buffy's bed. It looked like a notebook, and out of curiosity, he bent over and slid it out. His heart clenched as he saw what she had doodled on the back, a lump forming in his throat.

Buffy & Angel 4-Ever!

He shoved the notebook back under her bed, not wanting to look at it anymore. Suspecting he wasn't anymore to her than a tryst and knowing it were two completely different things apparently. He wondered who Angel was, deciding he must be a lover she had back in California.

Someone she wanted to be with forever…

Tears stung at his eyes, but he refused to let them spill over. It wasn't as if Buffy had promised him her heart. She'd given him her body, and he'd like to think her friendship, but she'd never stated he'd be getting anything else. He was just someone to alleviate her boredom while she was stuck so far away from home—and Angel. William wondered what the other man was like. He was sure Angel was strong, handsome, popular—all the things William wasn't.

He stood up, finding his clothes and starting to dress. He couldn't be there anymore, not for the time being anyway. It hurt too much thinking about Buffy loving another man while she was touching him. He needed to regroup, deal with the pain before he was with her again.

Buffy came out of the bathroom, frowning as she saw William fully dressed and obviously about to leave. "You have to go?" she asked.

"Yes. Mother's expecting me home for dinner."

"I was thinking maybe we could do dinner together," Buffy said. "Maybe you could call her and…"

"No."

"Oh…okay. Can you come over later?"

"I don't think so."

Buffy swallowed. "Tomorrow?"

"I'll see. Probably."

"Okay." Buffy went to kiss him, but William pulled away, going to the door.

"I'll see you tomorrow, Buffy."

William shut the door behind him and Buffy stared, stunned. What had happened? He'd been so warm only a few minutes earlier and now he was leaving without even giving her a kiss goodbye. She sat on the edge of her bed, fighting tears. He couldn't possibly be getting bored with her already. She'd done so much to keep him interested. Hadn't it been good for him?

His sudden coldness cut her deeply, and she wracked her brain for what she'd done. The sex had been incredible. She'd come harder with him that day than she ever had in her entire life, and she knew he'd enjoyed it, too. So why did he want to leave?

She caught movement out of the corner of her eye and saw William in his bedroom. He never looked her way, only closing the curtains so she couldn't look in.

Something inside of her broke then, and Buffy curled up on the bed, clutching the pillow that still smelled like William and crying.

*** *** ***

"William, sweetheart, are you coming down to dinner?"

William stared up at the ceiling above his bed. "I'm not hungry, Mother," he called.

"Are you certain?"

"Yes."

The doorknob turned, and his mother entered, frowning. "William, why do you have the lights off? Is your head bothering you again?"

"It's not my head…it's my heart," William thought. "Yes," he told his mother.

"My poor boy," she said, brushing her hand over his forehead. "Do you believe you're coming down with something? Do you need to see the doctor tomorrow?"

"No. I'm just tired."

She patted his hand. "You just stay in bed in the morning. I'll tell your tutor you're under the weather."

William nodded. "I just want to go to sleep now."

His mother kissed his forehead. "Okay, dear. Let me know if you need anything."

"I will."

William rolled over, when she was gone, facing Buffy's house. He had closed the curtains, knowing it would hurt too much to see her right then. He was telling himself to get over it, that nothing had really changed. He'd known that morning that she didn't love him and he knew it just as much now.

And despite the pain, he still wanted her…needed her. He could remember what it felt like to fall asleep with Buffy in his arms, and he ached for that now. Seventeen years of sleeping alone, and one night with her had him hooked.

He knew if he had any pride at all, he'd end things with Buffy. He didn't need to stand in for Angel. If she was using him to keep her warm when she was an ocean and a continent away from the man she loved, then she could just as easily find someone else. But William couldn't. Even if he had only a short time with Buffy and knew she'd break his heart as soon as she was on a plane headed back to California, he wanted that time. It was better than nothing, wasn't it? So what if he was being used when he was enjoying it, too?

Though knowing he didn't have Buffy's heart when she'd already captured his hurt more than he ever could've imagined.

He sat up when he heard his cell phone ringing, frowning as he took it from his bedside table. He'd thought for sure he'd turned it off, and as he saw Buffy's number appear on the screen, he contemplated pushing the power button then. But his finger took a detour right before he did, hitting the green "send" instead. "Yes?"

"William?" Buffy was sniffling, and William knew she'd been crying. Immediately he felt like a git.

"What is it, Buffy?" he asked.

"I'm so sorry. For whatever I did. And…and I'm sorry for not knowing what it is, too. I…I should pay more attention. But I could tell I upset you, and I'm really, really sorry. Is it because I'm too clingy? I…I can give you space. I won't come over crying like I did last night again. I'm really sorry I did that. I know you don't want my emotional crap, and I wasn't being a very good girlfriend then. I'm…I'm not trying to make you feel trapped, William, I promise."

Buffy's babbled apology made William's estimate of himself go from git to right royal git. He'd never imagined her interpreting his behavior quite in that way. "No, sweetheart, don't think that," he said. "I'm not upset about last night at all. You can always come to me if you need to. I was happy to hold you."

"So…so why did you leave? What did I do? Please, William, tell me what I did wrong, so I won't do it again."

What could he tell her? That what she'd done was love another man? How could he blame her for that when she'd made no pretenses of being in love with him? "You didn't do anything, Buffy. I just…I was starting not to feel very well, and I thought maybe I was coming down with something. I was afraid you'd catch it."

"Oh." Buffy paused. "You know, if you were going to give me germies, I think the anal sex would've already covered that."

William blushed bright red. "Yes, well, I suppose…"

"How are you feeling now?"

"A little better. I think maybe I'm just tired," William replied.

"Well, you have been rather active these past few days."

"Yeah. I'll…I'll just get some rest tomorrow. My mother told me to stay in bed, that she'd call the tutor and tell him I'm not feeling well."

"Sounds good. I'll come over after school and see how you're feeling." Buffy stopped for a moment, then added quickly, "Unless you don't want me to. Not saying I have to come over, just if you want me there."

William almost told her it was fine, to come over as soon as she could, but then he realized there was a chance Buffy would actually use the front door this time, which meant she would most likely meet his mother, and he didn't think he was ready for that, especially not after what he'd found out that evening. "I'm not sure what I'll be doing then. If I'm feeling better, I might be catching up on my studies."

"Oh."

The disappointment in Buffy's voice made him wince. He didn't like making her sound like that… "I'll come over there tomorrow afternoon. Would that be all right?"

"Yes. If…if you can."

"I'll be there, sweetheart.

"Okay. Well…good night, William."

"Good night." William turned off the cell phone with a heavy sigh, knowing sleep wouldn't come easy for him that night.

*** *** ***

There's one of those darn plot things sneaking up on me. They always do that! I tell myself not this one, nope, smut all the way, and then bam—plot. But don't worry, I am still very much with the Spuffy love and don't plan to be all evil author.

Review please!