***Chapter 14***Decisions***

The house was dark, the other Summer’s women having gone to bed already. Buffy scrubbed her hair with the towel, trying to wring the moisture from it. She pulled off her soaked clothes, dropping them into a heap on the bathroom floor. She looked at the bedraggled figure in the mirror. Her eyes were bright, staring wide eyes back at her. She touched a hand gingerly to her swollen lips, running a finger over them.

‘What have I done.’ Buffy moaned to herself as she noticed the love bites dotting her neck. ‘He is an evil, soulless killer. He sucks the life out of people.’ She flushed at the memory of Spike’s lips on her flesh. ‘What is with me and the undead.’ Buffy asked herself again, a wry smile tugged at her lips. She stilled her movements as she heard Spike come up the stairs and stop outside the door. She sighed in a mixture of disappointment and relief as she heard him move down the hall and into her bed room.

Buffy looked at herself in the mirror. She took note of the flushed skin and brightness to her eyes.

‘What is it about him?’ She asked herself incredulously. ‘He’s everything I am to hate. I should stake him, not want to be staked by him. Buffy blushed again as her thoughts caused a wave of desire to pulse through her body. Deciding to shower in the morning, she wrapped the towel around her body. A quick brush of her hair and teeth and a scrub with the washcloth left her smooth faced and minty fresh. With a decisive nod of her head, she opened the bathroom door and ran smack dab into Spike.

“What’s with you lurking around the bathroom door?” Buffy asked in a furious whisper, mindful of her sleeping mom and sister. Spike smirked and pointed at her. Her eyes widened in shock at the audacity of Spike, trying to catch a peek. She opened her mouth to reply when he rolled his eyes and reached past her to grab a towel off the rack.

Buffy watched as he pulled his dripping black T-shirt over his head and wrapped the towel around his neck. She stared at the muscles rippling with the movement, her face growing flushed. Seeing her reaction, Spike preceded to stretch causing the muscles to move again. Her breath came in soft gasps, her eyes never leaving his strong pale body.

‘Are you just gonna watch or would you like a taste.” Spike thought then cringed when he realized what her reply would be.

He took a step towards her causing her to step back in response. Buffy looked up and was struck by his piercing gaze. Slowly he advanced with her countering his every step. Buffy ran into the bath tub and would've fell save for the steadying hands Spike put on her bare arms. He ran his hands up and down her arms in a soft caress, leaning towards her. Buffy licked her suddenly dry lips, pulling his gaze from hers to follow the path of the pink tongue.

He lowered his lips to hers but was stopped by a warm hand on his chest. Buffy reluctantly pushed Spike from her, giving her much needed breathing space. Spike looked down at her curiously, his head cocked to the side. Buffy moaned and closed her eyes at the adorable expression on his face.

“We have to stop this.” Buffy said when she got control of herself again. “This is wrong.” Spike’s eyes flashed . He abruptly turned and stalked back to Buffy’s room. Buffy stared after him in shock before closing her eyes and leaning against the wall by the tub. Her eyes shot open when she felt something thrust into her hand. Spike stood before her, his blue eyes flashing gold in anger. Buffy looked at the board in her hand.

‘I know, this thing between us is wrong. I’m not stupid but I can’t stop thinking of you.’ Buffy smiled softly.

“Come on. A vampire and a Slayer?” Spike took back the board.

‘Angel is a vampire.’ Buffy’s eyes hardened, her fists clenching at her sides.

“Angel is good.” Spike sighed and erased his board, scribbling for a moment.

‘I can be too. I’m trying.’

“What happens when you get rid of the chip.” Spike stared a Buffy for a long moment before answering.

‘Nothing changes. I have changed. I patrol with you. Look after your pals and ‘Bit.’ Spike held up a hand when Buffy opened her mouth to answer. She closed it with a snap and waited.

‘I bag it. I’ve changed Buffy.’ The last words were written in dark script. She looked into his eyes, her lips curved into a sad smile.

“Maybe.” Buffy put her hand on his arm, pushing him lightly away. “Goodnight Spike. I’ll bunk with Dawn again. Tomorrow we will get you into the basement.” She walked past him and out of the bathroom. She didn’t stop until she reached the door of Dawn’s room. She placed her hand on the knob and turned back her head to look. Spike stood leaning against the door jamb, staring at her intently, a look of determination on his face.

Spike watched her go into the room, effectively locking him out. Resisting the urge to hit something, he went into the bathroom to wash some of the mud from his skin. He looked up and stared into the mirror, seeing nothing but the wall behind him. A small rubber duck was sitting on the sink. Spike picked it up and proceeded to make it float through the air. With a sigh, he through it into the sink and turned off the light. The dark hall was no match for vampire sight and Spike soon found himself back in Buffy’s room.

Her scent assaulted him from every corner. Her clothing, her bed, the essence of her permeated the room, cloaking him in a seductive mist. He breathed deep and shed the rest of his clothes along with the towel from around his neck. He fell back on the bed, her scent surrounding him. He stared at the ceiling, unable to still his raging hormones.

‘What ever it takes.’ Spike vowed to himself. ‘The next time I sleep in here, she will be with me.’