***Chapter 16***Plans***

It was late afternoon when Spike finally woke up. The sounds of the Summer’s women below him pulling his lips into a smile. With a minimum of movement, Spike pulled on his jeans and shirt and made his way down the stairs. The sounds of giggling pulled him towards the living room. Dawn and Buffy sat on the couch watching Joyce spin around, showing off the long black evening gown with large flowers in it that she was wearing. Spike leaned against the doorway and watched.

“I might like it more than the others. Can you spin around again?” Buffy asked her mom, a small smile playing on her lips. Joyce spun around and looked at her daughters expectantly.

“Ooh, I'm not sure. Once more.” Dawn urged. Joyce smiled at her daughters and spun again. She held out her arms and looked down at the dress.

“Now could you go the other way?” Buffy asked, a mischievous grin on her lips. Spike couldn’t help but smile at the girls antics. Joyce turned to spin again but stopped and mock glared at her daughters.

“You’re messing with me.” Joyce shook her head and noticed Spike in the door way. “Spike you’re up.” Spike smiled at Joyce and walked into the room, taking a seat between the two Summer’s on the couch. Buffy smiled shyly at Spike before turning back to her mom. Dawn wrapped her arms around Spike in a big hug and smiled.

“’Bout time you got up sleepy head. We were just trying to help mom pick out a dress for her big date tonight.” Spike raised his eyebrows and gave Joyce an appraising look. She ran her hands down the dress nervously and smiled at the assembled group. Spike smiled and nodded his approval, causing Joyce to blush prettily.

“You sure? I mean, it's not too mom-ish?” Joyce asked nervously.

“It's not mom-ish at all.” Buffy reassured her mom. “It's sexy. It screams, ‘Randy sex kitten, buy me one drink and I'll..." Buffy blinks and looks at her mom. “Oh, wait, that's not really good either.” Spike laughs silently and pulls the pad from his back pocket. He moved to Joyce’s side and took her hands in his, giving them a soft squeeze, before passing her the note.

‘You look beautiful.’ Joyce read aloud, smiling up at the vampire. Spike got a bashful look on his face and ducked his head in embarrassment.

“I agree.” Buffy said she came to stand beside Spike. “You will wow him.” Joyce smiled widely and took her daughters hands in hers. Spike took the chance to escape the room, making his way to the kitchen. He could hear the women talking about the impending date, a stray giggle escaping the excited trio.

He had just placed the mug in the microwave when he felt the presence of someone in the room. Spike turned and saw Buffy watching him from the doorway.

“That was really nice what you did in there.” Spike gave Buffy a small smile and turned back to the microwave, waiting silently for the beep. He could feel her moving around the room, the sound of the refrigerator opening and closing. “You can be a really nice guy when you want to.” The microwave beeped, saving Spike from answering. He pulled out the mug and took a sip of the blood, turning to face Buffy. She sat on a stool on the other side of the kitchen block, sipping a glass of orange juice. He made his way over to her and leaned against the counter beside her.

Buffy could feel herself grow warm at his nearness. She looked up into his eyes, her breath catching in her throat at the look in them. Spike put down his mug and turned Buffy so that she was facing him. He bent his head to capture her lips in a soft kiss. He pulled back to look into her eyes for a moment before capturing her lips again.

She met his lips hungrily, opening her mouth willingly to his probing tongue. He ran hands over her arms, pulling her against him. Buffy parted her legs to let Spike step between them, letting them get closer to each other. Spike groaned silently and lowered his hands to the small of her back, pulling her impossibly closer to his cool body. Buffy arched against him, her tongue rubbing against his in a demanding caress.

Almost as soon as they started, Spike pulled away from Buffy, leaving her gasping for breath. Spike picked up his mug and moved to the other side of the kitchen, sipping at the cooling liquid. Buffy was about to speak when the door to the kitchen swung open and Dawn bounded in followed closely by her mom.

“I almost forgot to call Rupert. He said he would look after Dawn since you are going to that party tonight.” Joyce said as she picked up the phone.

“I don’t need a babysitter.” Dawn whined at her mom, as she filled a glass of juice for herself.

“I know. honey. It’s just with all this Glory stuff going on, I feel safer if someone is here with you.” Joyce pushed the buttons on the phone, while Buffy still stared in shock at her family. She saw Spike’s hurt look that he cast her way before carefully concealing it behind his mug.

“Mom, wait.” Buffy said, grabbing the phone from her hands. “I can watch Dawn tonight.” Buffy saw Spike’s eyes light up as they stared at her. “I figured a nice quiet night at home might be nice. We’re going to rent movies and make popcorn. . .” Buffy let her voice trail off, giving her mom a small smile.

“That’s great.” Joyce said, taking the cordless back from her daughter. “I’ll just phone Rupert and cancel.” Joyce left the room, a large smile on her face as Buffy watched in amusement.

“We?” Dawn asked in an excited tone. Buffy looked at her sister questioningly. “You said *we* are going to rent movies. Who else is coming over?” Buffy blushed and sent a glance towards Spike.

“Well, just me and you and Spike. The other’s are probably still going to the party tonight.” Buffy rose from her seat and took her empty glass to the sink.

“Spike?” Dawn asked with a sly grin.

“Well ya. He is staying here for a while and I don’t want to be rude so. . .” Buffy’s voice trailed off again as she refused to meet the vampires gaze. Dawn smiled widely at the pair.

“Sure.” Dawn patted Buffy on the shoulder before dashing from the room with all her teenage energy.

Buffy stared at the counter in front of her, still refusing to meet Spike’s gaze. She felt him move beside her, rinsing out his mug and placing it in the sink beside hers. His arm wrapped around her waist, pulling her against him. Buffy’s hands came up to rest lightly against his chest, still refusing to meet his gaze. Spike pulled her chin up, forcing her to look at him. Buffy saw the soft smile on his lips, and smiled back.

“I don’t want anyone to know about. . .this until I’m sure what this is.” Spike placed a soft kiss on her lips before turning her loose and stepping back. Buffy stumbled for a moment when the pressure of his body left hers. Spike smirked at her and placed a steadying hand on her arm. Buffy slapped his hand away and stormed from the room, a smile upon her lips.