***Chapter 17***Interuption***

Spike spent the rest of the afternoon helping Joyce and Dawn set up the basement as a room for him. t consisted of little more than a single bed with sheets handing off the ceiling to provide him a minimum of privacy. Buffy had left soon after storming from the kitchen to cancel her plans with her friends and pick up some movies.

Spike sat on the bed trying to unsuccessfully read a book while listening to Joyce and Dawn prepare for Joyce’s date. Giggles floated down through the open door of the basement, bringing an indulgent smile to Spike’s lips, interrupting his reading again.

Night fell over the Summer’s home, cloaking it in darkness. Spike could feel the urge to hunt come over him , pulling him towards the shadows. He shook off the feeling and wandered upstairs for a mug of blood.

The microwave had just beeped when the door bell ran. Spike listened as the hair dryer continued to work upstairs. He took his mug from the microwave and made his way to the door. Spike swung the door open to reveal a man about six feet tall with short sandy colored hair.

“Uh, hi.” The man said uncertainly, disconcerted by the vampire’s silent stare. “I’m here to pick up Joyce.” Spike stared at the man for a long moment before stepping aside to let the man past him and into the house. He motioned the man towards the living room with the hand not holding his mug.

Brian, Spike finally remembered the man’s name, sat on the couch to wait, staring around the room with apprehension and a hint of fear. Brian shifted uncomfortably under Spike’s penetrating gaze, watching him slowly sip from his mug.

Dawn came bounding down the stairs, calling Spike’s name, a huge grin on her face. She stopped in the living room doorway and stared at the occupants for a moment in a mixture of shock and confusion. Her eyes widened comically as she turned and ran back up the stairs with a surprised eep.

Spike could hear Dawn tell Joyce that her date was there. A smile crossed his lips, causing Brian to once again shift uncertainly in his seat, as Spike heard Joyce search frantically for her purse.

Spike rose to his feet, thanking vampire hearing, as Joyce started down the stairs. Brian stared at him in confusion before noticing Joyce come down the stairs. Quickly he rose to his feet and came to stand behind Spike, something telling him to stand as far from the man as possible.

Joyce’s eyes lit up when she saw Brian standing uncertainly behind Spike. With a shake of his head, Brian walked over to Joyce and took her hands in his.

“Joyce, you look lovely.” She blushed prettily as Brian raised her hand to his lips. A bit flustered, Joyce grabbed her wrap and turned to her daughter who had come to stand beside Spike.

“You kids have fun tonight.” Dawn smiled at her mom and said good bye. Joyce went to take Brian’s arm as he pulled open the door, revealing Buffy.

Buffy’s slight body was all but hidden by the assortment of boxes and bags that filled her arms. Spike rushed to relieve her of her burden, taking the items into the kitchen, trying to juggle the bags, boxes and his mug in his hands, leaving Buffy to say good bye to her mother.

Spike pulled the items out of the bags, placing bags of chips and popcorn around the boxes of pizza and hot wings that littered the counter. He tossed the bags in the garbage and pulled the movies towards him as he took a seat on the stool pulling out the movies to gage the selection.

Buffy came into the room as Spike looked at the movies. He turned on his stool and held up ‘Interview with a Vampire’ for her to see, his scarred brow raised, a mocking grin on his lips. Buffy blushed and looked away sheepishly.

“I rented that for Dawn. She wanted to see it.” She moved to take the movie form his hands but missed as he pulled it back out of her reach with at grin.

“What did I want to see?” Dawn asked as she entered the kitchen. Spike tossed the movie to Dawn, over Buffy’s head in an effort to keep the tape from her. Dawn looked down at the movie in her hands and tossed it back at Spike with a grimace.

“Ugh, No Way!! That movie’s all your Buffy.” Spike grinned at Buffy, Dawn got an evil look in her eye. “Your the one who watched that movie just cause Brad Pitt and Tom Cruise are in it.” Spike raised his scarred brow at the revelation as Buffy glared at her sister. “Or is it Antonio Bandaras or maybe Christian Slater.” Dawn yelped as she tried to dodge her sister’s attempt to smack her.

“You have no idea what you’re talking about.” Buffy said as she grabbed at her sister. Dawn managed to dodge her again and made her way quickly to the door. laughing.

“Sure I don’t.” Spike watched in amusement as Dawn fled from the kitchen and Buffy glared after her. Buffy turned her gaze on Spike, slowly stalking towards him, glaring at him.

“The movie.” Buffy stated, holding out her hand for the tape. Spike shook his head and stood up from his perch on the stool, holding the tape out of her reach.

“You don’t think you can keep that away from me do you.” Buffy asked, slowly moving towards him. Spike continued to retreat, countering every one of Buffy steps with his own. He ran into the counter as look of shock crossing his face, as an evil grin settled on Buffy’s.

“You get one more chance, dead boy.” Spike grinned and held the tape over his head. Buffy shrugged and jumped for the movie.

Spike caught her around the waist as she launched herself at him, her hand reaching for the tape in his hand. Spike groaned silently as Buffy wiggled against him in her attempt to grab the movie. He pulled her tight against him as his unnecessary breath came in pants. Buffy stopped her movement as she felt Spike stiffen, looking down at him in concern.

“Did I hurt you.” Buffy asked as she took in the strained expression on his face. Spike stared at her for a moment, willing himself to calm down and take things slow like she wanted. Buffy settled against him, her face a mask of concern. He watched as she licked her lips and decided to hell with it and crushed her lips with his.

Buffy was motionless for a moment as her mind struggled to keep up with what was happening. The feel of Spike’s tongue running over her lips brought her out of her daze. Buffy opened her mouth with a groan to his probing tongue. Her hands snaked around his neck, pulling him closer, deepening the kiss even more.

Spike’s hands moved restlessly as he dropped the tape to the counter behind him and gathered her tighter against him. The cool feel of his hands on her bare back, as they snuck beneath her shirt, caused Buffy to shiver. All thoughts of slow left Buffy’s head as Spike’s hand grabbed her ass, pulling her up against him.

Her legs wrapped around his waist as Spike turned them around placed her on the counter. Spike ground himself against her heat, pulling a gasp from her lips, as she tightened her grip with her legs. Buffy pulled away from the kiss panting, desperate for air. Spike ran light kisses down the column of her throat before moving to take her ear lope between his teeth, worrying the tender flesh lightly. Buffy moaned his name quietly, wrapping her fingers in his hair. She pulled his mouth back to hers, pushing her tongue past his lips to battle with his. Spike rocked against her, pulling her hips tighter against him, a low growl coming from deep in his chest.

The sound of Dawn calling her name pulled Buffy slowly from her haze. She pulled her lips from his and shivered as he buried his face in her neck, nibbling softly.

“Spike.” Buffy whispered, her hands tugging lightly at his hair. He raised his head to look at her, his eyes dark with need. Dawn called out again, her voice sounding closer than before.

“Be there in a minute.” Buffy called out , wincing as her voice cracked. Spike gazed at Buffy’s flushed face as she struggled to calm her breathing. She loosened her grip with her legs and pushed lightly at Spike’s chest. Reluctantly he took a step back and watched as Buffy jumped from the counter and straitened her clothes. Dawn’s voice called out again as the kitchen door swung open.

“Are you guys still fighting?” Dawn sighed as she grabbed the boxes of pizza and wings, and one of the movies off he stack. “Come on, or you’ll miss the movie.” Buffy stared after her sister for a moment before her gaze fell on Spike. He stood, leaning against the counter of the sink, his burning gaze running over her body.

“Um, ya movie.” Buffy said, surprised at the husky tone to her voice. She moved away form Spike and grabbed a couple bags of chips on her way to the door.

“Are you coming?” Buffy asked over her shoulder.

‘Not yet.’ Spike said as he grabbed the soda off the counter, following after the Slayer to the living room. ‘Not yet, but soon.’