***Chapter 19***Just When You Think. . . ***

Dawn shifted in her seat for the third time before sighing and dropping to the floor. She sprawled out on her side, staring fixedly at the screen. Spike noticed Buffy look longingly at her sister and gestured for Buffy to lay down. With a smile Buff laid down on her side, her head pillowed on Spike’s thigh. Spike ran his hand through Buffy’s hair, the silky strands tangling around his fingers softly. Buffy sighed contently at his caress, her body growing heavy with relaxation.

It didn’t take long for Spike to get caught up in the movie. His hand continued to absently caress Buffy’s hair. The credits began to roll across the screen, the soft music filling the quiet house. He looked down at the Slayer laying on his lap and smiled.

Her face was so peaceful, the pain and stress of the day left her when sleep took over her weary body. Her chest rose and fell softly with her breath, a small smile on her lips. Spike stared at her in wonder, amazed at how young and innocent she looked when the ravages of her life were freed by peaceful slumber.

Dawn shifted on the floor before jumping up to take out ht movie. He stretched and yawned as she turned to face the couch. A smile let her face as she noticed her sister asleep on the vampire. Spike held up his finger to his lips to signal Dawn not to speak. Dawn grinned at Spike and yawned again. With a sheepish expression, Dawn kissed Spike lightly on the cheek and quiet ‘good night’, before heading upstairs to bed. Spike sat for a moment staring after Dawn, shocked at her gesture.

‘Since when did I get to be a pet vamp?’ Spike asked himself incredulously. ‘Mom always said not to play with your food.’ Spike looked down at Buffy, staring at her for a long moment, unable to pull his gaze from her sleeping form.

The clock on the mantle chimed eleven o’clock, breaking the silence of the room. Buffy stirred from her position, her hand coming up to rest on Spike’s knee. Spike watched as her eye lids fluttered before opening to look sleepily around the room. She took in the fact that the TV was off and sat up quickly, looking around for her sister.

Her gaze fell on Spike and saw him gesture to the upstairs and mouth ‘in bed.’ Buffy relaxed against the couch, her hand coming up to stifle a yawn. She gave Spike a sheepish look similar to her sisters and laughed.

“You should’ve woken me, It couldn’t be comfortable laying with me on your leg.” Spike reached a hand over and brushed a piece of hair that had fallen into her face, tucking it behind her ear. He let his hand rest against her cheek in a gentle caress. Buffy closed her eyes and leaned into his touch.

Spike shifted closer to Buffy and brushed her lips with his. He pulled back and stared at Buffy’s closed eyes. When he didn’t move in again, Buffy opened her eyes and stared back into the blue depths.

“What are we doing.” Buffy asked incredulously, her voice barely a whisper. Spike smiled and brushed her lips with his again, lingering longer this time. Buffy sighed and rested her forehead against his, her eyes closed, when he finally pulled back.

“This is so wrong. Why can’t we stop.” Spike pulled back sharply from Buffy, causing her to fall forward a bit. Buffy opened her eyes in shock and saw Spike scribbling in his note book. He thrust the note into her hands and stared at her intently.

‘Who bloody cares if this is wrong. I want you, you want me. Simple.’ Buffy looked up at Spike and sighed.

“Not simple. And the slow thing? Not so much. I still can’t figure out what this is.” Spike took back the not pad before scribbling on it for a few minutes and handing it back to her.

‘People in the workplace, feelings develop.’ Buffy smiled and looked up at Spike. Before she could speak he motioned for her to flip the page. ‘Heat, desire, it’s a start, the rest we can make up as we go along.’ Buffy stared at Spike for a long moment causing him to shift uncomfortably under her scrutiny. She shifted in her seat, moving closer to Spike and put her hand on his thigh. He sat still as she brushed her lips across his.

“There is something here.” Spike smirked and shook his head before moving her hand up his thigh slowly. Buffy’s eyes widened and she pulled her hand back to slap him halfheartedly on the chest. “You’re bad.” Buffy said before he caught her lips in a bruising kiss. Buffy moaned as his tongue sought entrance into to her mouth, tangling with hers. Spike’s hands ran over her arms, pulling her closer to him. A low purr rumbled out of Spike’s chest as Buffy straddled him and pressed her body against his. The vibrations ran through her body, pulling a gasping moan from her lips.

Buffy tangled her fingers in his hair, rubbing her chest against his, shivering at the delicious friction. Spike’s hand moved under Buffy’s top and deftly undid her bra, before moving his hands to pull her shirt over her head. As soon as the shirt was gone, Buffy threw her bra across the room and pulled frantically at Spike’s shirt. Lips parted briefly, as his shirt was flung across the room in the same direction as Buffy’s bra, before devouring each other again.

Cold skin met scorching heat as Buffy pressed against Spike again. His hands ran over her bare back, cooling her burning skin while igniting it more with his caress. Buffy dropped her head back and moaned low in her throat as Spike slid his hand around to her front, stroking her breast lightly. She pressed herself harder against him, pulling a tortured gasp from his lips, as he bucked against her. She smiled at his reaction and sighed contently as his hands continued to caress her breasts, running a callused thumb over the tips, sending sharp waves of pleasure right to her core.

Spike’s lips moved down the column of her throat, leaving a chilling trail of blazing heat behind. Buffy arched into his mouth, eager to get his lips on her aching flesh. Spike smiled into her skin and ran a cool tongue down the valley of her breast, causing Buffy to moan in disappointment.

One of his hands left her breast to snake around her waist, pulling her up to his searching mouth. Spike nibbled on the underside of her breast, coming closer to where she needed it most, when the door opened and the sound of a horrified gasped filled the air.

More uploaded real soon, later today or late tonight.