***Chapter 20***Caught***

Buffy looked dazedly to the door way to meet the shocked gaze of her mother. Buffy jumped from her perch on Spike’s lap and frantically grabbed for her shirt, covering her bare chest, face bright red. Spike looked at Buffy in shock as she pulled away before noticing Joyce in the doorway.

“Buffy, I want to speak to you now.” Joyce ground out between clenched teeth. “Spike,” Spike jumped to his feet before Joyce could continue and retreated from the room. Buffy slipped her shirt over her head as her mom watched Spike head to the basement, crossing her arms over her braless chest. Her eyes scanned the room, searching for the missing clothing.

“I think this is what you are looking for.” Joyce said as she pointed to the bra laying over the lampshade on the desk. Buffy blushed brighter, refusing to meet her mother’s gaze. Joyce looked down at her daughter and sighed.

“Buffy, what are you doing? Spike is a vampire, he’s dangerous. If I hadn’t’ve walked in how far would’ve you taken things. What if Dawn woke up and heard you and cam to see what was wrong? Can you afford to pay for the therapy she would need after having walked in on you two? Did you think of that? Did you think of Dawn asleep upstairs? Did you think at all?” Buffy stared at her lap, unable to answer. “I know you are in college now and you are a woman, not a little girl but really Buffy.” Joyce sighed in frustration. “To do that in the living room where your sister could walk in at any moment is bad enough but Spike’s a vampire.”

“I’m sorry.” Buffy said refusing to meet her mother’s gaze.

“Sorry won’t cut it this time Buffy. What were you thinking?” Joyce ranted. Buffy cringed from her mom.

“I wasn’t thinking. We were watching movies then the next thing I knew,” Buffy waved her hand vaguely in the air, unable to say the words.

“Buffy, Spike is dangerous.” Joyce asked quietly. Buffy’s startled eyes met her mother’s.

“If he is so dangerous why is he staying in our home? Why does he have an invite at all?” A look from Joyce made Buffy lower her voice from the yell it had rose to. “He saved Dawn’s life and almost lost his own. It’s just, he can be sweet. I don’t know what I feel about him but why do you not trust him all of a sudden. I thought you liked hi-” Buffy broke off when her mom smiled.

“I like Spike, I really do. He can be a great help, protecting us against Glory but he is still a vampire. He doesn’t have a soul. He is dangerous and what happens if you don’t work out. What would he do? Look at the lengths he went to with Drucilla.” Buffy winced at the vampire’s name.

“As long as it’s still chips ahoy with Spike we don’t have to worry. Besides he has changed.” Joyce took Buffy’s hand in hers.

“What happens if he gets rid of the chip or it stops working? You are my daughter and I don’t want to see you get hurt. Buffy smiled and squeezed her mom’s hand.

“He says nothing will change, that he has changed. I think I believe him. There’s just something about him.” Buffy said with a shy smile. “But how was your date?”

“No way, we are talking about you here. And never making out on the couch ever again.” Buffy nodded vigorously.

“Never ever. No more ever.” Buffy smiled at her mom. “Now spill.”

“We will talk about this some more.” Joyce gave Buffy a warning look.

“As soon as I figure out what is going on I will tell, now spill. If it helps, you can ground me, just tell me about your date.” Joyce laughed.

“All right. But I suppose by your standards it could seem pretty tame.” Buffy blushed causing her mother to laugh. “I had forgotten how much fun dating could - oh no.” Buffy looked up at her mom worriedly.

“I think I left *my* bra in his car.” Buffy stared at Joyce with a mixture of horror and disgust. “Just kidding.”

“Mother, good God that’s horrible.” Joyce raised her eye brow and looked pointedly at the bra still handing from the lamp. Buffy jumped up and stuffed the offending object in her back pocket.

“Besides, I think I really left it in the restaurant.” Buffy covered her ears and ran towards the kitchen, the sounds of her mother’s laughter following after her.

***********

Buffy ran into the kitchen, her hands still conferring her ears. She stopped short when she saw Spike leaning against the counter, sipping from a mug. His eyes roamed over her body, leaving a searing heat behind. His gaze finally met hers, a concerned expression on his face.

“I thought you escaped to the basement?” Buffy asked quietly. Spike held up his mug and passed her the notebook.

‘I was worried about you.’ Buffy smiled, a flush of warmth running through her.

“So what, you just know what I was going to ask?” Spike smirked and shrugged his shoulders. “Did you hear everything we said?” Spike nodded, his smirk shifting into a soft smile. “Everything?” Buffy asked wistfully. Spike nodded slowly.

“Yep.” His voice came out barely over a whisper. Buffy’s eyes widened as she heard his voice.

“You have your voice back?” Spike laughed silently and shook his head. “Well ok, not back but it is healing? Why didn’t you say so earlier?”

“’urts.” Buffy took a step closer, her ears straining to hear him even with her Slayer hearing. Spike took the opportunity to pull Buffy hard against him, his arms snaking around her waist. Buffy let out an eep of surprise before resting her weight against him. He lowered his lips to hers but was stopped by a firm hand on his chest.

“Not here, mom could walk in on us again.” Spike smiled and stared walking backwards, pulling Buffy with him towards the basement.

“I’m not going down their with you.” Spike pouted at Buffy, pulling a giggle from her lips. “I have school tomorrow, and it’s late.” Buffy tried to pull away but was stopped by Spike’s arms that were still around her.

“Gotta pay the toll.” Spike whispered, his cool breath tickling her ear.

“And what is the price? Buffy asked coyly, resting against him once more. Spike lowered his lips to hers, his tongue pushing his way into her unresisting mouth. Buffy moaned and clutched at his arms, letting him hold her up. Buffy broke the kiss for much needed air, her breath coming in short pants.

“Gotta love the price.” Buffy whispered, her body limp against his.

“Now you *havta* pay.” Spike grinned mischievously at Buffy. Buffy grinned and raised her lips to his.

Tongues battled furiously Buffy wrapped her fingers in his hair, pulling his mouth impossibly closer to hers. Spike’s hands ran down her back to bury themselves in her back pockets, pulling her up hard against him. Buffy moaned into his mouth, a shiver of need coursing through her body. Buffy rubbed against Spike, pulling a tortured moan from his lips.

“We have to stop.” Buffy gasped as Spike ran his tongue from her ear down the column of her neck. Blunt teeth nipped at her jugular, causing Buffy to gasp. Buffy reluctantly pulled Spike’s seeking mouth from her neck, forcing him to look at her.

“Good night.” Buffy said, before placing a hard passionate kiss on his lips, and running all the way to her bedroom.

Spike looked after her, a wide grin on his face. He looked at the scrap of silk in his hand. ‘Knew those pilfering tactics would come in handy someday.’ Spike wrapped Buffy’s bra around his fingers, reveling in the feel of the soft material. He brought the fabric to his face and breathed deep. ‘Now I just need to get the other part of this set.’ He thought, before heading to his new room.

***Words can’t describe the feeling one gets when the reviews are such as those you have given me. I hope this story isn’t getting boring or dragging out to long. I will try and have a new chapter up really soon.***