***Chapter 25***Chase***

Buffy and Spike tumbled through the door in a flurry of smoke and leather. Buffy laughed as Spike threw off his duster and stomped on the smoking material.

“That’s it, laugh it up, Slayer.” Spike growled, casting a menacing gaze her way that just made Buffy laugh harder.

“What ya gonna do chip boy? Migraine me to death?” Buffy giggled. Spike picked up his duster and laid it gently over the banister before turning and setting his piecing blue eyes on the still giggling Slayer.

“Not nice to tease the Big Bad there, luv.”

“Oh please.” Buffy snorted. “You’re not the Big Bad anymore Spike. You’re not even the Medium Bad.”

“I’ll show you just how Big and Bad I am.” Spike took a menacing step towards Buffy, who stepped back in turn.

“Spike.” Buffy said warningly, backing away from the advancing vampire. Spike grinned in response and leapt at the blonde. Buffy squealed and took off to the kitchen, Spike hot on her heels. She ran around the island, keeping it between her and her pursuer.

“Spike.” Buffy said warningly, as she circled the counter away from him.

“Buffy.” Spike replied mockingly. The pair slowly made their way around the counter, keeping an equal distance between them.

Spike’s grin grew as he dashed at Buffy. With a shriek she took off through the swinging door and through the dining room. She was almost to the living room when a pair of strong arms wrapped around her.

Their momentum carried them through the rest of the distance so that the pair tumbled onto the living room couch in a mass of tangled limbs. Not letting Buffy catch her breath, Spike’s fingers dug into her side, tickling the exposed skin mercilessly.

“Ss-TT-OOOPP!!” Buffy screamed as she struggled to pull herself from Spike’s grip. “SP-II-KE.”

“Say it, Slayer.” Spike growled, shifting himself so that he was straddling her legs, fingers still attacking her sensitive flesh.

“AHHH,” Buffy squealed, tears running down her face. “You’re the Big Bad, ok? You’re the Big Bad.” Spike sat up and chuckled, releasing the helpless Slayer.

“Uncle would’ve sufficed, pet. But I think that is better.” Buffy tried unsuccessfully to scowl at the vampire, but her laughter won out .

“Bastard.” Buffy sniggered, the word holding no malice.

“Now Slayer, such language.” Spike replied, holding his hand to his chest in mock shock. “Besides you’re the one that ran.”

‘I ran ‘cause you chased me.” Buffy pointed out, shifting her legs into a more comfortable position. Spike took the hint and slid off of her, picking up her legs to sit on the couch, before placing her feet on his lap. He slipped off her shoes, tossing them behind him leaving her feet bare. Buffy moaned as his cool fingers rubbed the knots from her feet.

“Mmm, my own private ‘House Vamp’. Very nice.” Spike chuckled and moved his hand up to her ankles, rubbing the warm flesh.

“So, Slayer.” Spike said softly. “It’s just you and me.” An errant hand moved up her bare leg, caressing the golden skin. “In a house.” The hand slid further, pulling a gasp from between her lips. “Alone. No distraction.”

“Seems kinda distracting to me.” Buffy gasped as his cool fingers moved sensuously over the firm muscles of her thigh. Spike chuckled, sending a wave of heat through her body. Buffy arched into his kneading hand, a tortured moan parting her lips.

“What do you think we could do with all this free time, pet.” Spike watched Buffy’s flushed face as he slid his hand up further on her leg, pushing the soft material of her skirt higher on her thighs.

“I don’t know,” Buffy gasped, the muscles in her legs twitching in time with the small, leisurely circles he was drawing on the inside of her thigh. “Charades, or maybe Monopoly. I think we have the Game of Life around here somewhere. Unless you have a better idea.” Buffy’s heart gave a leap at the heated look Spike leveled on her.

“I’m sure I could come *up* with something.” Spike pulled the unresisting Slayer into his lap, one hand behind her back, the other grasping her thigh, pulling her tightly against his chest. Buffy leaned her slight weight against his chest with a sigh, one resting over his on her leg, the other snaked around his neck to play with the soft hairs at the nape of his neck.

Buffy’s gaze was snared by his piercing blue eyes. Spike stared at her incredulously, his hand coming from it’s spot on her thigh to caress the soft skin of her cheek.

“You are so beautiful.” He whispered, his gaze never leaving hers. A flush moved over her already heated skin at his words, and she ducked her head in embarrassment. Spike took her chin in his hand and tilted her face up to his. His eyes were dark, burning in to hers, as his hand moved into her hair, running his fingers through the silky strands. Buffy’s eyes half closed as she leaned into his caress. Her lips parted with a sigh, her hand moving up to play with the buttons on his shirt.

Spike ducked his head to hers and captured her lips. Buffy met his vigorous assault with one of her own. His hand fisted in her hair, pulling her closer, shifting her slightly so that he could deepen his assault. A slow ache spread through her body causing her to shift restlessly in his lap. Spike groaned and arched up against her.

Buffy pulled from his lips, gasping for much needed breath, a small of feminine satisfaction on her lips. Spike watched her through hooded eyes as she shifted in his lap until she was straddling his body, her warm heat pressed intimately against him.

Spike set his hands on her hips and shifted her impossibly closer to his cool body, arching unconsciously at the sensation. Buffy lowered her lips, brushing them lightly against his. Spike tried to deepen the kiss but she kept pulling back, content, or now at the light, teasing contact. He growled in frustration and shifted uncomfortably on the couch. Buffy laughed and curled her fingers in his hair, her eyes alight with mischief.

“There you go teasing the vamp again, luv.” Spike grinned evilly, and before she knew it, Buffy found herself on her back, pinned to the couch by the smirking blonde, her hands held over her head by one of his.

“I warned you, pet.” Buffy swallowed hard as his free hand moved over her body, leaving a scorching trail of heat in its wake. She moaned and arched into his hand as it engulfed her breast, kneading the satin covered flesh.

“No.” Buffy gasped. “Stop.” Spike looked up at the Slayer in shock and stopped all movement.

“Pet?” Spike asked, a hint of apprehension in his voice. Buffy smiled reassuringly.

“No, not here, upstairs.” Spike grinned foolishly in relief and scooped Buffy up on his arms, dashing up the stairs.