***Chapter 26***Wonder*** Buffy luxuriated in his strength, as Spike swept her up into his arms and raced up the stairs to her bedroom. She was shocked that when they reached the room Spike set her on her feet beside the bed instead of tossing her on the unmade surface. She looked up at him uncertainly, his cerulean gaze staring intently down at her.

“Are you sure, Buffy.” She smiled sweetly as a wave of warmth flashed through her at his use of her name. Her answer was to slide her hands over his chest unbuttoning the buttons on his shirt. She ran her hands up the bare skin of his torso, pushing the soft material over his shoulders so that it fell to the floor at their feet, leaving his chest bare to her gaze.

Spike drew in a shaky breath as Buffy’s warm hands stoked the lean width of his shoulders, moving over the rock-solid muscles of his cool chest. He could feel the heat of her body radiating off her in waves, surrounding him with her scent, her warmth.

He wanted to stay like that forever, Buffy’s warm hands exploring his skin, but his need for her won out. His strong hands slid down her hips to pull the hem of her dress upwards, breaking her contact with him as she lifted her arms to allow the dress to be drawn over her head and tossed unceremoniously in the corner.

Buffy felt herself flush as his gaze ran over her practically nude form and she tried to cover herself self consciously. Spike captured her hands in his and raised them to his lips to lightly kiss her knuckles, his gaze burning onto hers.

“You’re beautiful, Buffy.” Spike drew her closer to him and lowered his lips to hers. “Never doubt that.”

All thoughts of modesty left her head as his lips brushed hers, softly, tantalizingly. She heard herself whimper as he deepened the kiss, her lips opening to the deep, evocative plundering of his tongue.

Spike laid her on her bed, easing her panties down her legs as he continued to ravage her lips. Buffy shivered as he wedged a leg between her thighs, the material of his jeans enticingly rough on her bare skin as he stroked her intimately. A fire raged through her veins as his cool kisses leisurely explored the erotic potential of his lips locked with hers.

Buffy wreathed her arms around his neck, pulling him closer. Spike moaned as she moved sinuously against him. He pulled back to look down at the flushed woman beneath him, her hair fanning out around her head, glowing in the soft light that crept into the room despite the dark covering on the windows. Her lips were swollen from kisses, her eyes dark with need.

“What?” Buffy asked softly, worry marring her brow.

“Not a thing, luv.” Spike murmured, giving her a soft, chaste kiss on the lips. He paused only briefly to remove his jeans before sliding down her body, kissing the hollow of her stomach and stroking the soft insides of her thighs. Buffy sighed as his cool tongue traced a path around her navel, before sliding lower. A gasping moan passed her lips as his demanding fingers and tongue brought her to the brink of ecstasy.

Spike watched the Slayer thrash her head on her pillow as he continued his assault on her tender flesh, relishing the heat, the taste of her. Buffy wrapped the silky stands of his hair in her fingers, pulling harshly at the short curls as the sensations Spike unleashed on her became too much to contain. She surged against him, her back arching high off the bed as wave after wave of pleasure pulsed through her entire body.

Spike moved up to lay beside her, watching her continue to shudder from the aftereffects of her pleasure. Buffy opened her eyes sleepily to see Spike watching her, his eyes dark with barely restrained desire. She forced her gaze to lock with his as she ran her hands over his exposed skin. She smiled at the tightening of his muscles beneath her fingertips, reveling in the tortured moan that escaped his lips.

Spike pulled her hands from his flesh, his jaw tightening as he tried to control his reaction to her touch. Buffy grinned at the knowledge that she had produced the response from him, delighting in her power over the Master Vampire.

Buffy closed her eyes, her fingers gripping the muscles of his upper arms as he eased her legs open with his knee, her body overloading with the sensations. She felt a moments panic, her eyes opening wide to stare into his, as his body sank into hers. How could something be so wrong, but feel so right. Her thoughts were quickly obliterated by the thrill of having him inside her.

She was like liquid fire, pulsing all over, inside and out, inflaming his cool skin, marking him forever hers. They moved together as if they had always been, their union bringing both the most riveting pleasure that they had ever known.

But still it wasn’t enough for either of them. She sheathed him tightly as they moved in the primal rhythm, whispering each others name into the still air. He buried his face into her neck as she arched upward, again and again.

The depths of her passion pushed him into oblivion. He brought them both to ecstasy with one final thrust. She surged against him again, screaming out his name. Spike pulled her close, kissing her sweetly, languidly, still rocking against her, drawing out the shudders, until they lay spent, trembling and exhausted.

Spike rolled to lay beside her, his unneeded breath coming in heaving gasps. Buffy didn’t fare any better, her pulse racing, her body slick with sweat. She rolled to her side, facing away from him.

Spike pulled the Slayer closer to his body, spooning her naked form to his. Buffy sighed and leaned into his embrace, a small smile on her lips, her fingers lacing with his around her waist. It didn’t take long for her breath to even out and her heart rate to slow, as she drifted towards an exhausted sleep. Spike nuzzled his face into her neck, breathing in her sweet scent.

“I love you, Buffy.” Spike murmured into her hair as his eyes shut and he fell asleep. Buffy opened her eyes, the words shocking her from her light doze, her hazel gaze filled with incredulity.