Chapter 31 *****Confrontations*****

“SPIKE!” Buffy screamed as the enraged vampire grabbed Ben by the neck and pushed him forcefully against the wall.

“What are you doing?” Spike brushed her hands off his arm as he pressed harder in the choking man’s neck.

“Bengi here isn’t who he says he is. I caught him doing a whole body switching thingy with Glory, pet.” Spike said conversationally. Buffy’s eyes widened for a second before filling with disbelief.

“He can’t be Glory.” Buffy protested, pulling ineffectually against the hand Spike had Ben pinned with. “He’s human and hello, he’s a guy.”

“If he’s so human why aren’t I in agony over hurting this pillock?” Spike smirked. “And believe me he is hurting.” A feeling of uncertainty came over Buffy.

“Let him go. Security is on its way.” A nurse down the hall called out in fright. Spike simply tightened his grip. Ben struggled ineffectually against the angry master vampire, clawing uselessly at the hand against his throat, his face turning a sickly purple color.

“Spike, let him go so I can talk to him.” Buffy demanded, grabbing Spike’s arm harder and pulling at him.

“Spike.” Buffy said sharply, her patience quickly running out as Spike refused to loosen his grip. With a sigh of resignation, Spike released his grip, letting the man fall to the floor at his feet.

“Willow, Tara, take Dawn home.” The witches nodded at turned to go. “Dawn, no arguing, we will see you later.” Buffy said as Dawn opened her mouth to protest. With a resigned nod, Dawn followed the Wiccas and they were soon in the elevator.

“Spike,” The blonde vamp turned from his station, hovering over the gasping man. “Grab Ben and follow me. With a grin, Spike grabbed Ben by the arm, lifted him to his feet and dragged him after the retreating Slayer.

Buffy tried to ignore the sounds that came from behind her as Spike drug Ben down the stairs behind them. Ben’s protest fell upon deaf ears as they came to the stairs to the basement and pushed into the empty room with a loud bang. Buffy moved over to the far wall and watched with feigned disinterest as Spike threw Ben into the room, causing the man to stumble to his knees.

“Buffy, what’s going on?” Ben asked, rising painfully to his feet.

“The lady will be the one to ask questions, mate.” Spike growled as he put a restraining hand on Ben’s shoulder, pushing him again to his knees. Buffy crossed her arms over her chest, her face washed of all emotion.

“What do you know about Glory?” Buffy asked coolly, her eyes never leaving Ben’s.

“G-Glory? Who’s Glor-aahh!” Ben yelped as the vampire grabbed him by the hair, pulling his head back at a painful angle.

“Now’s really no the time to be lying to the lady. I remember what I saw.” Spike growled, his eyes flashing gold. Ben’s eyes widened in fear as her remembered where he saw the vampire. Spike smirked at the realization that flashed across Ben’s face and released his hold. Ben’s gaze flew to the woman watching from the side of the room.

“When the hell bitch tortured me at the shop, seems that Benji here took over the body long enough to escape.” Spike said when Ben refused to speak. “Not the prettiest sight, a grown man in a tight dress.” Buffy’s lips quirked at the expression of disgust that crossed Spikeeatueatures.

“So Ben and Glory share a body? Why hasn’t anyone else seen it?” Buffy asked, confusion covering her mirth. Spike looked down at Ben and gave him a not-so-soft nudge to start speaking. Ben glared at Spike

“There’s a spell.” Ben says reluctantly

“So what’s the spell do?” Buffy asked looking back and forth between Spike and Ben.

“Oh, I get it.” Spike says with a sarcastic laugh when Ben refuses to say anything more. “Glory's worked the kind of mojo where anyone who sees her little presto-change-o instantly forgets. And yours truly, being somewhat other than human ... stands immune.”

“Oh.” Buffy says with a nod. “Why are we interrogating Ben?” She asked Spike in a low voice.

“Ben and Glory share a body.” He replied. At Buffy’s shocked look, Spike shook his head and sighed. “Just trust me.” Buffy nodded and stepped up close to Ben. She stared into his eyes for a long moment, her face sad. Ben stared back, an uneasy chill running down his back. Buffy turned away only to whip around and land a slayer forced punch across Ben’s face, causing him to fly across the room. Spike grinned and bounced on the balls of his feet in delight. Buffy walked over to Ben and turned his face to hers, gaining a grim satisfaction from the blood that dribblewn hwn his cheek.

“Tell her it's over. She missed her shot.” Buffy said quietly, Ben watched her, not moving. “She goes. She ever, *ever* comes near me and mine again...”

“We won't. I swear.” Ben choked out, turning his face to spit out a mouthful of blood. Buffy nodded once and turned away from the broken body, a sick feeling in the pit of her stomach.

“Spike?” Buffy said quietly taking a step towards the vampire.

“Just a sec, luv.” Spike strode over to the man crumpled on the floor, hunching down to look at the body with malice. “You heard what she said, but listen to me. I have been around for over a century. I have learned from the best the proper way to torture and kill and believe me when I say that if you ever come near my girls, you will be begging me to kill you before I even start.” With a quick flash of fang, Spike rose to his feet and stared down at the cowering man. A sadistic smile crossed his lips as he applied a well placed kick to the downed man’s temple, knocking him unconscious.

“Let’s go home, luv.” Spike said walking to Buffy’s side.

As one Buffy and Spike turned and headed towards the sewntrantrance that they used to avoid the security guards they heard thundering down the stairs, leaving Ben on the ground behind them.

They were a few minutes into the sewer tunnel when Spike felt Buffy’s hand on his arm. He stopped and looked down at the petite slayer.

“So why did we beat up Ben?” Spike shook his head in exasperation, a small smile on his lips.

“I’ll explain it later.”