Author's Chapter Notes:
Sorry for the delay, RL has been tough lately, hope everyone is still reading and will enjoy the new chapter.
Buffy turned towards the voice, ice blue eyes freezing her with their glare. His jaw was clenched, his hands in fists at his sides, she sucked in a harsh breath at the emotions flitting across his face.

“Hey, Spike.” Angel stood from the couch and took a step toward him.

Buffy tore away from the staring contest she was having with Spike, to look up at Angel. She couldn’t help the small smile that touched her lips, Angel was genuinely happy to see Spike. The love he held for the younger man was evident on his face. She heard a sharp crack and turned back to find that Spike’s eyes had never left her face and he had saw the smile. She looked down to see his knuckles turn white and heard them crack against his palm.

“I guess I’ll just leave you two alone.”

He turned and stormed up the stairs, taking them two at a time.

Buffy sighed, closing her eyes as the door to Spike’s room slammed. The pictures on the wall shook and she opened her eyes to make sure none hit the ground. She turned back to Angel, gauging his reaction. He was looking up the stairs, sadness in his gaze.

“I guess it would be better if I just left.”

Buffy turned to the door as Lorne, Lynden, and Dru walked through with groceries.

“Where did he go?” Lorne fumed as he took the groceries to the kitchen.

Buffy meekly pointed upstairs watching Lorne take the steps two at a time.

“Spike!! You lazy little bastard!!!”

Spike’s only response was to crank his stereo as high as it would go.

“I’m gonna head out.”

Buffy turned back to Angel, watching as he enveloped Dru in a hug.

“Don’t forget where we live again.”

He chuckled and ruffled her hair, grinning as she shrieked and headed for the mirror.

Angel turned to Buffy and pulled her into a tight hug.

“Thank you for everything, Buffy.” He whispered softly in her ear.

“Your welcome.”

He released her, giving her one last smile before walking out the door.

Buffy stood staring at the door long after it had closed. She closed her eyes and sighed, she could feel a headache developing.

“So, you and Angel, huh?”

Her eyes shot open and she turned to find Spike at the top of the stairs.

Her eyes narrowed.

That little bastard. How dare he? How can he stand looking at her in self righteous glory, when he just came back from a date?! Her blood began to boil.

She shrugged her shoulders, looking up at him from beneath her lashes.

“He’s alright. I guess he’s my type. You know, him being a man and all.”

She watched his reaction and a little evil part of her rejoiced when he flinched at the word man.

Spike turned on his heel and went straight into his room, slamming the door.

She jumped as something bounced against it.

“Bloody fucking bitch!”

She dropped her head and sat down on the bottom step. She had really done it this time, he had gone into full Cockney.

A part of her couldn’t help but to feel justified. He had asked someone out for fuck sake!! Took her to a dance! What right did he have to get mad at her for anything?

“That son of a bitch. I’ll take his precious football and shove it right down his throat…”

His words were muffled through his door and the beating music, but she knew he was yelling. And she just couldn’t help the small smile that appeared.

He was jealous.

Little Mr. Shove it in my face that I’m jealous, was getting a dose of his own medicine.

She stood up, glancing at his door before making her way to the kitchen, mumbling under her breath.

“How’s it taste, Spikey?”



Spike shoved the stuff of his nightstand, smiling as the cordless phone hit the floor.

Baby wants to play, huh?

Well, two could play this particular game.

He dug through the trash on the floor, finally finding the slip of paper he was looking for. He dialed the number, smirking into the receiver.

“Hello, Harm…”



Buffy walked into the kitchen and stopped short in the doorway, taking in the scene before her. Her eyes widened and she shrunk back into the shadow of the hallway so she wouldn’t be seen.

Dru’s back was against the counter, with Lynden’s long arms firmly wrapped around her. They were kissing with such passion that a part of Buffy felt envious. While her feminine side felt envious, her sisterly side was screaming for blood.

That was her little brother in there!

Her little buz in there kissing, groping, and-

“Oh my God.”

Buffy turned away from the scene and made her way through the hall to the foyer. She sat down on the bottom step of the stair well, the image of her little brother and best friend rounding second base burning in her mind.

“What the hell?” She thought aloud.

Dru and Lynden. Lynden and Drusilla.

She just couldn’t wrap her mind around it. She could feel her blood begin to boil, how could Dru keep this from her? That was her little brother for God’s sake!

She stood to make her way to the kitchen, firmly intent on letting Dru have it, when she stopped cold in her tracks.

Her eyes widened and she doubled over in silent laughter. She leaned against the wall and slid down to the floor while her laughs turned to tears.

She buried her head in her knees and just had herself a good cry. She cried until she started laughing again and then she wanted to cry because she was laughing at herself.

Who the fuck was she to be throwing stones? She was doing the same fucking thing with Dru’s little brother. In fact, her situation was a little more fucked up than theirs. Dru was only three years and a couple of months older then Lynden. He was about to turn sixteen, but he was already more mature than most men in their thirties.

She was five fucking years older than Spike, who was she to be judging anyone?

Buffy looked toward the kitchen, she could hear soft words and kisses being exchanged.

They would probably be able to have a relationship.

She glanced up the stairs as another tear fell.