Author's Chapter Notes:
Hope you enjoy, thanks for the reviews.
Buffy sat against the wall until she heard Lynden and Dru walk down the hall. She scrambled to her feet and wiped her face clean of any remaining tears. She put on a bright smile as they walked in the living and room, watching as they exchanged guilty glances.

“Hey, siz.”

She smiled at Lynden.

“Hey, buz.”

He looked at her face and then at the small tear drop size stains on her shirt.

“Have you been crying?”

She looked surprised and shook her head.

“Nope. Mm-mm, not at all.”

She clapped her hands in front of her and looked at the floor.

“I know you’ve been crying I can see the tea-“

They looked up as Spike came down the steps, buttoning up a shirt and whistling a tune under his breath.

“Oh, Buffy?”

Buffy was instantly on alarm, something was definitely wrong here.

“Yeah?” She narrowed her eyes at him while he fixed his hair in the hall mirror.

“Could you do me a favor?”

“What?”

“Can you run me over to my girlfriend’s house?”

Buffy felt like she had been hit by a truck. But she stood proud, holding her face in an impassive stare not even letting her eyes mist or her lips tremble as pain shot through her.

“Sure.”

She turned to get her car keys, while a stunned Lynden sputtered in the back ground.

“But I thought that-“

“I know, I thought the party was cancelled too. But nope, still on apparently.”

Lynden turned to Dru, his bewildered look matching her own.

“What the fuck is he talking about?”

Dru just shrugged.

Buffy went out the door and went straight to her car on auto pilot. She barely even noticed the rain that was being to fall. She watched as Spike strutted out the door,a flash of lightning illuminating his cocky face. He climbed inside giving her a smirk.

She stared at him before giving him a smirk of her own, punching the gas and throwing him back against the seat.

“Oh, you might want to put on your seatbelt.” She said sweetly,giving a him a saccharin smile.

She wasn’t hurt anymore. Oh, it was quiet the contrary actually.

Buffy was pissed the fuck off.

How dare that rat bastard, how dare he pull shit like this? She wanted to kill him. She
wanted to open the door and push him out as she sped down the road. She gripped the steering wheel so hard that she began to shake.

“Something wrong, Buffy?”

That was it.

She slammed on the breaks, the car skidding to a stop on the wet road. The seatbelt was the only thing that saved Spike from being thrown against the dashboard. He looked at her, his eyes as big as saucers.

“Get out.”

“Buff-“

“GET OUT!”

Spike looked at her. He could see the pain in her face, the tears she was trying to hide. Her entire body was shaking with anger and it was his own fucking fault. His own
Childish immaturity.

He felt guilt pouring over him like the rain that was pouring on the car.

He looked away from her and spoke softly.

“Just go okay?” He looked at her as she was about to protest. “Will you please just go and get out of the middle of the road before we get killed?”

Buffy looked ahead of her and realized that they were in fact in the middle of the road. She took her foot off the break and began down the road.

“Just go back to the house, Buffy.”

She shook her head.

“I’m going home, I could give two shits about what you do.”

She pulled into her driveway and slammed out of the car, running through the pouring rain towards the door.

Spike grabbed her midway through the yard and then ducked from the well aimed punch she sent toward his head.

“Leave me the fuck alone, Spike!”

She jerked away from him and turned back toward the house, already soaked to the bone.

“Bloody hell, Buffy! Will you just liste-“

She spun around and he took several steps back as she advanced on him.

“No I will not fucking listen! I am sick of your shit! I am twenty FUCKING years old, I am not gonna put up with your childish bull shit!” She turned back toward the house.

“Ah, and there it is, pet. The reason for all of this.”

She turned back to him.

“What are you talking about?”

He spread his arms and walked toward her.

“’I’m twenty FUCKING years old!’” Her eyes narrowed as he walked toward her, his voice a mimic of her own. “That’s the whole reason we’re in this predicament.”

She ran at him and shoved him with all her might.

“You son of a bitch! That has nothing to do with this!”

“Yes it does and you know i-“

“You bastard. You fucking bastard.” She let out a humorless laugh as she shook her head. She looked at the ground for a minute and then back at him.

“You’re right.” His brow furrowed. “This is about age.”

Her eyes narrowed and she advance on him once again, her finger firmly imbedded in his chest.

“This about you acting- you know what? You’re not even acting your age! You’re acting like a fucking ten year old! This is all your fault, you damn idiot!” She pounded her fist against his chest.

“You are the one that got a fucking girlfriend, you are the one that has pulled all of this stupid shit, Spike! Not me.” She turned and made her way to the porch. “Not me.”

She stopped at the steps and shook her head, turning back to him.

“What happened Spike? What happened to you? What happened to the man that I shared all those times with? Because, I tell ya, I sure as hell don’t know.”

He stood in the rain, watching as she shook her head again. She was soaked through, her hair in wild tangles around her face, but he had never seen anything as beautiful as she was in that moment.

He began walking toward the porch.

“I’m sorry, Buffy.” His voice had taken a deep timbre and when she shivered, she knew it wasn’t from the cold of the rain.

She shook her head and backed up against the door.

“It doesn’t matter now. It’s too late.”

He trapped her against the door and brought his face level with hers, his eyes boring into her.

“I’m sorry.” He covered her mouth as she began to protest. “ I want to be that man again, Buffy.”

His hand fell away from her mouth.

“I want to be your man.”