Author's Chapter Notes:
Hope every one will enjoy the story.
“I don’t give a flying fuck who’s dog it is, if it chews another one of my shoes up, it’s gone!”

Buffy stifled a laugh as she shut her car door and made her way to a livid Dru.

“Well, who was the idiot that left the shoe on the porch, Drusilla?” Lorne threw back at his irate sister.

Dru crossed her arms over her chest and lifted her nose in the air. “It was raining and my shoes were soaked! I didn’t feel like listening to mum gripe for an hour about her carpet!”

“Well you should have put them in the chair so he couldn’t have reached them!”

Buffy grabbed Dru as she lunged for Lorne, and laughed as she wrestled her toward the house.

“Come on tiger, let’s find mom and dad.”

Dru calmed down and sent one last glare toward Lorne as she followed Buffy into the house. Buffy kicked off her shoes and headed toward the kitchen.

“Mom! Dad! You’re other daughter is home!”

“Oh God.”

Buffy laughed as she made her way to Ken, who was sitting at the table. She ruffled his hair and dodged his swatting hand.

“Love you too, dad.”

She walked over to Lynn and kissed her cheek, picking up a towel and drying the dishes in the strainer.

“Where’s Lynden?”

She sighed as she looked out the window, watching the boys laughing in the front yard.

“Out there with the guys.”

Ken got up and made his way to the door. Buffy smiled as he caught Lynden in a headlock and started a backyard wrestling match.

Her blood warmed as she saw Spike join the fray, smiling a little wider at their antics. She froze when he looked up and caught her staring, his eyes sending chill bumps down her arms. He flashed her a quick smile before jumping on Lorne’s back, kicking his sides to make him run faster.

She snapped her eyes away when Lynn spoke to Dru, guilt creeping into her. There she was again, caught in his web. What was it about him that made her forget everything? That made everything else fall away until there was nothing but Buffy and Spike.

This was not good.



“So what did you tell him?” Buffy asked as she lounged back on Dru’s bed, watching the brunette as she painted her nails.

“To quit fucking calling me.”

Buffy giggled and fell back on the bed, covering her eyes with her arm. She jumped as the door swung open and tensed as Spike strolled in the room.

“What are you birds doing?” He stopped and stood by the bed, eyeing Buffy as she quickly readjusted her sleep shorts.

“Nothing.” Dru answered as she recapped the nail polish before sitting it on the bedside table.

“Mm.”

Buffy tried to slow her racing heart as Spike smirked at her, those too blue eyes trailing down her face and further down the length of her body. She fumbled for the sheet and pulled it over her body as Spike’s smirk turned into a wolfish grin. He winked at her as he turned, heading for Dru’s bathroom.

“What are you doing?” Dru asked before he could shut the door.

“Taking a shower.”

“What’s wrong with the other bathroom?”

The door opened and Spike grinned as he tossed his dirty clothes at them.

“Nothing.”

Buffy breathed through her nose as she held the black shirt that had landed near her. Her fists clenched before tossing the shirt off the side of the bed. She lay back against the pillow and closed her eyes, attempting to sooth her raging nerves.

What was wrong with her? This was Spike, her brother’s best friend and her best friend’s brother. And he was her friend as well. After the initial attraction had faded away, she had gotten relatively close to Spike. He was always at her house and since she really didn’t have anyone besides Lynden, he had become one of her best friends. When she thought about it, it was really quite pathetic. All of her friends were her brother’s friends. She didn’t have any friends of her own anymore, they had all went on to start their own lives. So for awhile it was just the three of them. Buffy, Lynden, and Spike. It was then that she realized how truly different Spike was. He wasn’t a normal fifteen year old. He was actually just like Lynden. So smart and wise that it took her breath sometimes. He was a man. A man who just happened to be fifteen years old.

After a while Lorne began to hang out with them and when Lorne came, Dru followed right in behind him. There was two years between all of them. Dru was nineteen, Lorne seventeen, and Spike of course was fifteen. But to Buffy, they were all the same. Put them all together and there was no difference in any of their ages. It was just the gang. She slowly began to realize that the Howard’s had had a difficult past as well. While their family had toughed it out and stayed together, their problems had hurled them all into adulthood, just the same as herself and Lynden.

“You gotta work tomorrow?”

Buffy opened her eyes, rolling to face her best friend.

“Of course.”

Buffy hated her job, but she was incredibly thankful for it at the same time. Her cousin had offered her a position answering the telephone at his small business office, allowing her to complete some online classes from a local college. While she was grateful, she hated every bit of it. She hated having to work and make a living for her family, while most people her age were out on their own, attending the colleges she had applied for, while she took classes from some online school no one had even heard of. She really hates her father.

“What are you gonna do?” Buffy asked.

“Probably chauffer the boys around.” Dru sighed and flopped back against the pillows dramatically.

“When is Lorne gonna get his car fixed?”

“When he gets a job and pays for it.”

Buffy laughed and listened as the shower echoed around the room. She could just see him in there. That tightly muscled body glistening with water, blonde curls plastered against his forehead.

She shook her head to clear it. This had to end. These lusty feelings for Spike were no good. She didn’t “Like” him, she just wanted him. He made her blood boil in a way that she hadn’t felt in a long time. He was still the same Spike who ran around in his underwear and slept in the same bed with her brother. But he also was the Spike who liked to get his hands greasy underneath the hood of a car, Spike that was a pure athlete, scoring touchdowns left and right. She didn’t know when things had changed. They had always flirted, hugging or cuddling up on the couch to watch a scary movie. But now, it was different. The touches more intimate, the flirting tinged with subtle hints and innuendo. She knew how Spike was, he could have any girl he wanted. Since she had known him, he had probably had twenty girlfriends. While he wasn’t a player, he could just get the girls. And boy did he love to talk about them. She knew he was a virgin, but she also knew that he had some experience, simply because he liked to talk about it. He liked to let her know that girls wanted him, he liked to know that when he talked about another girl, a spark of jealousy would ignite in her chest.

But while he could talk about and date anyone he wanted, Spike was incredibly jealous of anyone that showed interest in her. She didn’t even want to think of what happened to poor Riley. Lynden and Spike had taken good care to repel him from Buffy. Spike was the epitome of confusion. He would constantly torment her about her crooked nose, but would genuinely care to see the new clothes she bought or to hear about her day.

She loved Spike.

While she definitely didn’t love him as a brother, it wasn’t the love you hold for a friend. And she was by no means “In Love” with him, she just loved him in way that made her head hurt.

She rolled over and closed her eyes when the bathroom door opened, determined not to look. She squealed as the bed bounced beneath her and a wet body wrapped it self around her.

“Spike!” She laughed as he wrestled with her, holding her down when she tried to scramble away.

He laughed as she squirmed and finally relented his hold on her, turning to lie on his back.

“Goodnight.” He closed his eyes and pulled the covers up over his head.

“Get out of my bed, Spike.” Dru told him, trying to jerk the sheet down.

“Nope. Can’t. Sleeping in here tonight.” He rolled over and burrowed against Buffy.

She laughed and ran her hands through his curls. Sometimes she was reminded of just exactly how old he was.

“Fine.” Dru rolled over and pushed her rear into his back, hoping to disgust him into leaving.

“Dru get your big ass off of me.” He flinched as she slapped at him and scooted closer to Buffy, leaving them as close as possible without touching.

Buffy giggled and sucked in a breath as his eyes opened to look at her. She jumped as a hand found its way to her hip and kept her eyes glued to his. She tensed as his hand trailed down her thigh, moving around to the back of her leg before coming to rest on her ass. There was a smirk on his face and she gasped as he squeezed his hand.

“Get out of my bed Spike, I mean it!”

Dru ripped the covers up and his hand flew back just in time. Buffy’s heart raced as he climbed out of bed, leaning over to kiss Dru as she swatted at him.

“Go, you little pervert.”

He laughed and stopped at the door.

“Night, guys. Love you.”

Buffy looked over at the door just in time to catch a wink before it was shut. She stared at the door, willing her heart to quit thumping. She was pretty sure Dru could feel it vibrating the bed.

What had just happened?