Author's Chapter Notes:
Thanks for the reviews!
“Come on, Spike! Yes! Yes! YES!!!”

The bleachers rattled as Buffy jumped up and down, screaming loudly as Spike ran the ball into the in zone.

God, she loved football games.

She smiled as she watched Lorne and Lynden run to him, slapping his ass in congratulation. She laughed to herself, yet another thing she loved. Spike made his way to the sideline, his teammates welcoming him with slaps to his helmet. He jerked his helmet off, grabbing a water bottle from Lynden. She sighed as she watched him squirt the water onto his face and hair in an attempt to cool down. God, he was hot.

She sat back down on the bleachers, squeezing her thighs together. Thoughts of their last tryst running rampant through her mind. They had stolen a quick moment in her room, while Lynden took a shower. There had been no time for teasing or flirting, he had shoved her against the door, hoisting her legs around his waist while he took her breath with his kiss. The way he panted into her ear, dirty little words that made her blush- she squirmed on the hard seat. No use thinking about it now, she didn’t think the coach would appreciate her dragging him off the field to the locker room. She looked at Ken and Lynn sitting beside her, she didn’t think they would appreciate it either. She sighed and looked back to the game. Even though her guilt had long ago waned about the little affair, it still weighed on her mind. And keeping a secret from Dru was a night mare. She wished Dru could be here, maybe then her mind wouldn’t venture to bad places. Bad places with bad thoughts. Stupid Dru. Why did she have to have a job?

The rest of the game passed with Lynden making an interception and Lorne earning a touchdown. Nothing made her more proud than seeing her boys out there on the field. She bounced on her toes as she stood at the door to the locker room, eager to congratulate her boys. Lorne was the first to emerge, grabbing her around the waist and spinning her in a sweaty victory hug.

“Lorne!” She laughed as he nuzzled his sweaty hair against her neck. He dropped her and stood to the side as Lynden enveloped her in yet another sweaty bear hug.

“Buz!”

He laughed and let her go, throwing his arm around her.

“I can’t help it. I just wuv my wittle siz.” He pushed her cheeks together, laughing at the fish face she was currently sporting.

She jerked her head back and watched as another player emerged from the steamy locker room.

“Where’s Spike?”

Lynden pointed with his helmet to the other side of the fence.

“He’s over there talking to the slut squad.”

She turned to the left, watching as a voluptuous blonde giggled at something he had said. She bit down on her tongue, beating the small spark of jealousy out of her mind. She didn’t care what he did. If he wants to fuck half of the school, let him. She didn’t care. Really.

Buffy sighed and shook her head. She was out of her mind. He was a fifteen year old hormone bomb, he was gonna get it from anyone stupid enough to give it. She shook her head once again, latching onto Lorne and Lynden.

“Come on, boys. He can ride home with his mom and dad.”

They made their way down the stadium only stopping to tell Lynn that Spike would be riding home with them. Buffy popped the trunk of her car, settling in the drivers seat while the boys threw their gear in the back. Her mind kept replaying the scene with the busty blonde. She closed her eyes and ran her hand across her face.

“What’s wrong?”

She turned to Lorne and gave him a smile.

“Nothing, just a bit headachy from all the screaming.”

“I bet. Did you scream when I made that touchdown?”

She laughed at his enthusiasm.

“Of course I did!”

“It WAS awesome, wasn’t it?”

She smiled and nodded her head, pulling into the Howard’s driveway.

“Are you guys gonna stay here tonight?” Lorne asked as he opened his door.

She shrugged and turned to Lynden, finding him conked out in the backseat.

“I guess we’ll just go on home.”

Lorne huffed and turned to the backseat.

“Lynden! Wake your dumb ass up and get out. You’re staying here tonight.”

She sighed as Lynden trudged out of the car and went into the house. She wasn’t even sure if he was awake or not.

“Get out.”

“Lorne-”

“GET OUT!”

She sighed and threw her door open.

“I don’t know what it is with you Howard’s! You’ve got some kind of crazy control over me.”

“You love it.”

“Yeah-” She sighed and closed the door behind her. “I know.”

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Buffy lay in Dru’s bed staring at the ceiling, thoughts of the blonde still swarming around her traitorous mind. Why did it bother her so much? They weren’t going out, she had no claim over him. They were glorified fuck buddies. Even though it had yet to go that far.

And thinking now, Buffy promised herself that it never would. She would just end it. It was unhealthy, it was wrong, it was- so, so good.

She rolled over and punched her pillow. She hadn’t been with Spike in over a week and he had made no advances, or even acknowledged her really. All thanks to Miss Tall, Blonde, and Skanky probably.

She jerked her chin up, her mind set in stone.

As far as she was concerned, it was already over.

She nodded her head, her resolve firmly in place. She wouldn’t even so much as think of Spike Howard in any way other than as a friend from now on.

She snuggled into the pillow, a smile on her face.

Spike Howard would plague her thoughts no more.

“Hello, Goldilocks.”

Shit.