Author's Chapter Notes:
Thanks for the reviews! I hope everyone enjoys the story.
“Hello?”

“Hey, best friend.”

Buffy smiled and leaned back in her office chair.

“Hey, Dru.”

“What are you doing?”

“Working, you?”

“Just got home from school.”

Buffy shook her head, “I still can’t believe you’re taking summer classes.”

“Well, there’s nothing else to do except stay home with the boys.”

“Do you know what I would give to be able to do that?” Buffy smiled.

“Trust me, you would get tired of it.”

“Yeah, yeah. Have you gotta work tonight?”

Dru sighed into the phone, telling Buffy her answer.

“Of fucking course.”

Buffy laughed and turned the volume down on her phone, Dru could get really fired up sometimes.

“I think the boys are going to your house.”

Buffy felt her stomach flip. The boys at her house. It wasn’t anything out of the ordinary, actually it was perfectly normal. They would usually switch houses each weekend. Her mother loved the Howard’s as much as she and Lynden.

“Oh.”

“You don’t sound too enthused.”

Buffy sighed into the phone, “Sorry, rough day.”

“Lotta call’s?”

“Yeah.” Buffy lied, closing her eyes.

She couldn’t come out and tell Dru the reason for her sudden uneasiness. This was a blue eyed demon she’d have to fight on her own.


“Mom?”

Buffy walked through the house and stopped at the kitchen doorway. Her mother sat at the table, the phone in front of her and her head in her hands.

“What is it this time?”

Her mother raised her head and tried to give Buffy a smile, but it faded away before it began.

“He’s cut off Lynden’s insurance.”

“What?” Buffy came to the table and pulled out a chair before sitting down. “He can’t do that! He was court ordered to-“

“He did it.”

Buffy leaned back in her chair and let out a humorless laugh at the bastard her father turned out to be.

“Don’t tell Lynden.”

Buffy nodded her head and swallowed back a few tears, rising from the table.

“I won’t.”

“I’m going to stay with Lynn tonight. The boys are coming here and I hate for them to see me like this.”

Buffy nodded her head and rounded the table, pulling her mother into a hug.

“It’s gonna be alright, mom.”

Her mother pulled back and smiled a watery smile, wiping a tear from Buffy’s cheek.

“I know, honey.”



Buffy swallowed the last sip of wine from her glass, grimacing at the taste. She really hated alcohol. But wasn’t it supposed to take your troubles away? Make you happy and care free? She shrugged and plunked the glass down. She was drunk. Two glasses of wine and she was three sheets to the wind. She giggled. Two and three make five! She saw headlights in the window and smiled to herself. The boys were home. Spike was here. Hot, sexy Spike. Spike, who she could just rip his clothes off and -Wait, the boys were home?

She jumped up and looked out the window, seeing all three of them walking toward the house.

“Shit! Shit, shit, shit!”

Lynden would kill her if he caught her like this. She scrambled to her feet and grabbed the glass, sliding into the kitchen. She jerked open the cabinet and threw the glass toward the back, she would wash it tomorrow.

“Shit!”

The front door opened just as she took the back stairway two steps at a time. She ran in her room and locked the door, only to hit her knees when the adrenaline left her. The room was spinning around her and she could faintly hear them call her name.

“Siz?” Lynden rattled the door handle.

“Yeah?”

“Just checking to see if you were home.”

Buffy straightened up and breathed deep, her buzz returning to her.

“Yep. I’m here.”

“Alright, we got some food. Come on down and eat with us.”

“Okay.” She let out a breath as she heard him go back downstairs.

She crawled over to the bed and pulled herself up. She shouldn’t have drank anything. It was her father’s fault. She would just blame it on him. She couldn’t go downstairs like this. Lynden would hit the roof, Lorne would laugh, and Spike would try to find the liquor to drink himself. And that was all she needed for Spike to get drunk. She could still remember Dru’s graduation party. She laughed to herself, how funny he was when he was drunk. She jumped when her door knob rattled, and sat up just as it flew open leaving a knife wielding Lorne smiling at her.

“Hey, precious.”

She flopped back against the pillows and rolled away from him.

“Go away.”

“Yeah, okay.”

She sighed as he jumped on top of her.

“Lorne, I’m serious.”

“Mm Hm.” He sniffed around her hair and his head popped up. “Uh oh.”

She rolled over to face him and knew the look on his face.

“Lorne.” She warned.

He opened his mouth to scream just as Buffy pounced on him, straddling him with her hands covering his loose lips.

“You better not say a word.” Lorne nodded his head and she pulled her hands back, resting them on his chest.

“What are you doing?”

Buffy’s head spun so fast her neck popped, she grimaced and closed her eyes, opening them to see Spike standing in her doorway.

“Nothing.” Buffy said as she slid of off Lorne, coming to rest beside him on the bed.

“Is that what they’re calling it these days?” Spike asked as he walked in, taking a seat at her vanity.

“Ha ha. You’re so funny Spike.” She replied with a sarcastic smile.

“I try.”

“What do you want anyway?”

He looked up from his voyage through her vanity.

“Dru’s here.”

Buffy’s brow scrunched in confusion. “I thought she had to work tonight?”

Spike nodded as he went back to rummaging through her drawers.

“She did. She got off early though.”

Lorne got up from the bed and made his way to the window.

“Yep, she’s here.”

Buffy nodded at Lorne, watching as he walked into the hallway and back down stairs. She looked back over at Spike, who was currently twisting a tube of her lipstick.

“Get out of my stuff.”

His eyes shot to her. “You gonna make me?”

It was the wine. It had to have been, otherwise she would have went downstairs and left him to follow when he didn’t have attention anymore. Yep, it was the wine that made her give him a kittenish smile as she rose from the bed and made her way toward him.

Spike stopped twisting the tube and held it in his hand, his eyes glued to hers.

Buffy grabbed the lipstick from him and twisted it back down, throwing it into her drawer. She cut her eyes back to his and fisted her hand in his shirt, jerking him up from her vanity bench.

“Yeah, I am.”

He moved closer to her, grabbing her hips in his hands.

“And just what are you gonna do about it, Buffy?”

His lips were on hers before she knew it. She moaned into his mouth, jerking him closer with his shirt still clutched in her fist. God, it was so good. The feelings running through her, things she hadn’t felt in so long. She clutched him closer to her. God, these feelings. Like fire being chased by ice water through her veins. How could he do this to her, make her feel things she had never felt in all her life.

His hand slid down her hip to her ass, squeezing and pulling her closer to him. He broke away from her lips and trailed his kiss down her neck. His hand left her ass and made its way around to her stomach, trailing upward toward her trembling chest.

“Oh God.” She moaned as his hand closed around her breast.

“Buffy?”

She jerked away from him and landed on her vanity, perfume bottles rattling. Her hand covered her mouth as she stared at him, listening as Dru made her way up the stairs.

“Yeah?” Her voice shook when she spoke and she watched as Spike headed toward the door, bypassing Dru without a word and going straight into the bathroom with a slam of the door.

Dru watched him go and turned back to Buffy. “What’s up with him?”

Buffy shrugged and closed her vanity drawer with her hip.

“He’s mad because I made him get out of my stuff.”

Dru rolled her eyes and followed Buffy out the door and down the stairs.

“He’s such a baby.”

Buffy’s hand touched her swollen lips.

“Yeah.”