Chapter 10: Actions
Two nights later, Dawn left a message on Willow’s answering machine that she was going to go visit Buffy and not to worry that she would be back before the start of her last classes. The duo was off to Hawaii. Spike booked a night flight so they could travel together. Both enjoying the comfortable company once again, they sat and talked the whole flight. Finally touching down, they exited the plane and were hit with a wall of warm humidity and island scents. Spiked looked around, trying to take in the scenery, but the airport looked like any other airport. Not much difference. Dawn dragged the slacking vampire through the doors to get their luggage and to rent a car. Much to Spike’s dismay, Dawn insisted on a small convertible. “Geeze, it’s not like you are going to be driving during the day.” She reminded him in a huff. “Trust me; this is the only way to travel in paradise.” Spike paid for the rental car, and they packed their belongings into the trunk. Dawn directed him to the part of the island that Buffy lived and worked at. They slowly traveled the streets, letting Spike take in the local scenery. “This isn’t where tourist usually goes, so it’s basically like any small town.” Dawn got more and more excited as they neared the club that Buffy owned. Spike followed Dawns directions until they pulled up in front of a very busy club. He parked the car and got out to help Dawn. Dawn took his hand and tugged him towards the front doors. The outside wasn’t decorated much, except a neon sign with tropical plants on it with the word ‘Rainforest’ sketched on it. They walked up the walk way that was surrounded by many fragrant, tropical plants. Flowers of all different colors and flavors carpeted the ground around the walk way. Spike breathed in, not ready for what lay on the other side of the doors. Dawn stopped, took a deep breath turned to her companion and said, “Ready?”

“As I’ll ever be,” was his only response.