Chapter 5

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*

Epilogue

2 months later

The full moon shone down on the crashing waves causing a brilliant light to flutter through the air. A giggle could be heard close by. Upon the sandy beach, a checkered tablecloth was placed neatly and filled with a half eaten picnic arrangement. On one corner of the cloth, a petite blonde young woman leaned back against a well-toned bleached blonde young man who happened to be nuzzling the woman's tanned neck. To any seeing person, they looked like a normal, happy couple in love. She giggled again.

"You know if you don't stop that, there might be a little indecent exposure going on."

He moaned and nibbled on her earlobe. "Don't mind if I do."

Buffy sat up and turned a little to look at Spike. "Thank you-- for two wonderful months. I have never been this happy. Never thought I could be this happy. You're a wonderfully, beautiful--- man. Do you know that?"

He reached up and tucked a stray hair that had blown across her face. "Don't let that information leak out, love of my life. I'll be banned from the entire demon community and you may still need me to infiltrate. Wouldn't matter. I still have you and my second family. Even Xander has been overly nice to me---now that's scary. But I guess good, and you're a wonderful, beautiful slayer. *My* slayer."

He smiled at her and kissed her gently. She deepened the kiss. It took her breath away when she pulled back and even Spike seemed a little breathless.

"I think the front burners are hot enough to move forward," she announced. His eyes twinkled with thoughts of romps of nakedness.

"Still forging ahead slowly, though, my sweet William," she softly added as she placed her forehead against his and stroked his face gently with her hand. He snatched her hand and kissed her palm staring at her through her fingers.

"As slow as you want, my dear. I have all the time in the world. I'm here for the long haul."

She leaned back against him as he snuggled into her closer and they watched the moon dance over the waves together.

Finis