Author's Chapter Notes:
Long time, no update. I hope this is enjoyable to you readers.
TO KNOW THE HUMAN HEART


Summary: Spike and Buffy loving…..at last!


Chapter 16: ‘At Last!’


Spike stood in silent shock as he digested what Buffy had just said to him. He couldn’t be wrong; could he? Did Buffy just ask him to join her in the tub?

Without further question, Spike began to divest of his clothing as quickly as possible. There was no way he wanted to give Buffy a chance to change her mind.

Buffy giggled wickedly as she watched Spike tear his clothing off of his body. She did blush, of course, something that she was sure her mother would approve of.

‘Don’t think of Mama right now,’ she derided herself with a shake of her damp blond hair. ‘I’m not sure Mama would approve of this at all and…..’

All thoughts of her mother and any disapproval disappeared when Spike pulled off his boxers and allowed them to pool at his feet.

‘Damn! This man is fine,’ Buffy gasped silently, her wide eyes surveyed the beautiful male being in front of her.

‘God, she’s bloody gorgeous,’ Spike thought to himself as he admired the woman he already loved in the tub before him.

Buffy tried to scooch her bare bottom up in the tub to make room for Spike behind her. He looked a bit flushed, she felt, and it made her feel suddenly very feminine and powerful. She didn’t let up on him; bravely watching him cautiously slide into the large spa-tub, a mischievous little grin on her mouth.

“I, uhm,” Spike stammered under his breath as he slipped into the tub behind Buffy. He carefully sat his bare arse down into the warm steamy water, sure that both he and Buffy were making it even hotter and steamier.

“I, uhm,” he began again in an unusual tongue-tied manner; at least for him. “I’m not used to bathing with anyone, Princess,” he mumbled shyly.

“Me either,” Buffy giggled in reply. “Isn’t it nice to try something new…together?” She winked at him mischievously, immediately calming him and causing him to relax.

Suddenly Buffy felt extremely naked (which she was) and very, very unsure of herself.

‘What if I’m not good enough?’ She asked herself fearfully even as she lay her head back against Spike’s strong, damp chest. ‘What if he doesn’t like me once…..’

“You’re bloody gorgeous,” Spike murmured lovingly as he wrapped his arms about her chest. It was almost as if he had read her very thoughts.

Spike’s cock had become hard, immediately, when Buffy suggested he join her in the tub. Now, his manly bits were as hard as steel and he was sure she felt his cock pressing against her wet, soft back.

‘Okay,’ Buffy sighed silently in relief, ‘the not good enough factor isn’t going to even enter into this.’

“Wanna’ wash my back?” Buffy asked saucily, amazed at her own bravado.

“My pleasure,” Spike murmured as he grabbed a loofa and soaped it up with some delicious smelling body wash in a white bottle.

“Mmmm, that feels wonderful,” Buffy purred as Spike gently washed her back with the vanilla scented loofa sponge. “It’s like heaven,” she sighed in contentment.

Spike tried ever so hard not to let Buffy feel his erection that was diligently plowing into her back. He was as hard as iron, that was for sure, but he wanted to make sure that Buffy was ready for any kind of sex. Physically and emotionally.

“That doesn’t feel so bad either,” Buffy giggled as she rubbed her lower back against Spike’s manly parts.

Apparently, Spike immediately surmised, Buffy was more then ready for any and all sexual play with him. This made Spike a very happy bloke indeed.

After he had rinsed her sleek little back; Spike gently pulled her petite body to his and rested his chin on her shoulder.

“I want to tell you something, sweetheart,” he murmured softly as he stroked her bare, damp arm. “Been wantin’ to say this from the first day I laid eyes on you, but just didn’t have the nerve,” he finished shyly.

“Say it,” Buffy commanded him gently after she reached back and placed her tiny hand on his left cheek.

“You have got to believe me about this Buffy. Since the first night I saw you,” he began carefully; somewhat nervous about his admission, no matter how truthful it was. “Since then, I’ve felt different somehow. More in touch with my human side I guess you’d say,” he stammered.

Buffy didn’t say anything, just calmly lay back in his arms and let him speak. She felt oddly safe and secure at this moment; like this was something that was meant to happen to her and this man was definitely meant to be here, with her.

“I guess you could say I’ve come to understand some things about myself and people in general,” he continued evenly. Hesitating, briefly, Spike allowed some warm bath water to trickle from his left hand; down Buffy’s sweet shoulder and across her ample breast.

“I’ve been a right prick, in the past,” he explained in a harsh whisper. “Made money and fame my God I did,” he added with a derisive snort.

“I find that hard to believe,” Buffy offered quickly, but he cut her off just as fast.

“No, I was; always have been a right selfish bloke. Pretty much into my profession for the glory and fame, and the money,” he repeated sadly.

“Then I came here; saw you and how you give of yourself so bloody selflessly. It touched me Buffy. Made me realize what a wonderful, beautiful woman you are, right from the start. It made me know that there are human angels on earth and you are one of them.” Spike felt like he was waxing poetic, but he couldn’t stop now, no way.

"I wanted you for mine, Buffy, from that very first night. It's not only because I want you because you’re beautiful, inside and out. It’s because I saw in you as my own salvation and it’s a pretty fucking awesome thing, sweet, to see your own salvation standing right in front of you. Well, behind a plexi-glass window in a baby nursery and…” his sentence trailed off momentarily.

“I guess it’s just that I want you to know that I think; no, I know that you ‘are’ the one for me, Buffy. The real deal and everything I’ve ever wanted, at least finally realized I’ve wanted and needed. I’m not just saying this to get into your bed or any such simple rot as that,” he added quickly. His hand seemed to act on it’s own as it stroked her right plump breast tenderly.

“I love you Buffy; have from that first night and even if you don’t love me, yet? I can hang around and wait, hopin’ that you will someday. That’s all I can tell you Buffy; it’s been in me since the first day I saw you and…..”

“Spike,” Buffy whispered hoarsely, turning to face him and wrapping her arms about him.

“I do believe you,” she murmured before she kissed his mouth, chastely. “I do,” she repeated desperately just before he passionately kissed her again.

If both Spike and Buffy could have died, right this moment, they would have died blissfully happy. To be together at last; totally in sync with one another? It was the epitome of happiness for them both.

“Let’s get dried up, sweetling,” Spike gasped between sweet kisses from Buffy’s lush mouth. “I want to make love to you on your plush bed, Buffy. I want to lay you out and worship every inch of her beautiful body while I love you.”

Buffy pulled back from him, slightly surprised that he didn’t want to do the deed right this moment, but happy that he wanted her in a more conventional setting. If Spike wanted to ‘make with the happy’ in her comfy bed; then so be it and amen to that.

Spike gently wiped Buffy down with her soft, plush white towel, careful to treat her plump breast with the utmost tenderness. He was less cautious with his own body when he dried himself off. Frankly, he was in a hurry to carry his treasure off to bed and make sweet, tender love to her.

When he had finished drying off, Spike caught the sudden look of apprehension in Buffy’s luminous green eyes. She was standing there; somewhat shell-shocked he felt, a look of wariness in her eyes that tugged at his heart.

“Buffy, sweetheart, if you don’t want to…..” he stammered, trying to mask his disappointment that she had perhaps changed her mind.

“No,” she murmured with a shake of her damp blond head, “I do want to. It’s just, you’re so beautiful Spike,” she nearly whimpered her admission.

“Oh Buffy,” Spike whispered hoarsely as he reached for her trembling little body. He pulled her to him once again and placed a sweet kiss on the top of her head. Then he swept her up into his arms and strode out of the bathroom and straight to her bedroom; ecstatic that he knew where it was from memory.

After he had laid Buffy down, as gently as he could, on her bed, Spike covered her with his naked body. He was very careful not to lay his full weight on her and he began to stroke her body with whispy, tender caresses.

They kissed, gently, almost chastely at first; then passionately with kisses full of fire, need and want. As Spike trailed kisses and sensual licks down Buffy’s neck, shoulders and breasts, she felt as if she was in heaven.

“You taste like heaven,” Spike murmured huskily when he ran his tongue across her sweet, soft little tummy.

Buffy burst out laughing, temporarily stunning Spike who thought he’d said something stupidly poetic and all poncy and such.

“No, Spike,” Buffy giggled hysterically when she saw the crestfallen look in his intense blue eyes. “It’s just that I’m ticklish there,” she chuckled merrily, pointing at her tummy where his chin now rested.

“Oh,” he muttered with an actual blush on his handsome face. “I see,” he finished with a sigh of relief. “Then you won’t mind when I do this,” he rasped as he placed little kitten kisses on Buffy’s tummy, hips and finally found his target; the apex between Buffy’s thighs.

“Oh God,” Buffy moaned in pleasure when Spike began his tender assault on her nether lips.

“I love your smile,” she blurted out, quite unnecessarily, but unable to help herself.

“I love your smile, your gorgeous green eyes and every inch of you,” Spike chuckled. Buffy thought he looked like a gleeful boy at the moment. Like he’d just opened his first present from under the Christmas Tree and it pleased her greatly.

In a way, it was weird, really, that Buffy had never particularly enjoyed this act of intimacy before. This particular sexual act had always squeeked her somehow, however, with Spike at the helm, she felt like it was the most natural thing in the world to experience with him.

“Did you like that?” Spike asked wickedly when he had finished bringing Buffy to climax with his mouth and tongue. Of course he knew she liked it; she’d cum quickly and intensely against his wet mouth.

“You know I did,” Buffy replied with a breathy pant when she found herself face-to-face with her lover once again.

“I want; I need to be in you,” Spike whispered hoarsely, positioning his rigid cock between Buffy’s soaked cunny.

“I need you to be in me,” Buffy sighed dreamily as she clasped his slim hips with her hands. “I’m protected, you know ‘that way’ Spike,” Buffy muttered shyly.

“Oh Buffy, I know its okay,” Spike hissed his reply even as he slipped his cock inside of her. He began to thrust slowly in and out of her wet folds, careful not to go to fast or hard…..this first time.

‘Not that I would mind you havin’ my little baby,’ Spike thought to himself as he thrust in and out of Buffy, agonizingly slowly that is. They had plenty of time to explore all kinds of sexual pleasures with each other and Spike had every intention of doing just that. In fact, Spike had come to the conclusion, several days ago, that he was going to marry this wonderful woman and as soon as possible. Now if he could just convince Buffy that she should marry him…..

“Buffy,” Spike whispered harshly, realizing he was so very close to cumming and wanting her to cum first. “I’m not going to last this go, Princess,” he muttered apologetically.

“That’s okay,” Buffy gasped just as harshly, “I’m not either,” she tried to giggle, but only succeeded in panting raspily.

“Buffy, I want to tell you something; something I suspected, but now I know for sure,” Spike mumbled between hot kisses to her face and mouth.

“I told you; I love you and I do. There’s more,” he continued desperately thrusting harder into her, trying to draw this first, wonderful time together out as long as he could.

“I feel like, like I’m home, Buffy. When I’m with you, I feel like I’m finally home,” he cried his confession out as he came inside of her. “You’re mine,” he added quietly placing tender kisses on Buffy’s kiss swollen lips.

“I believe I am and Spike,” she continued dreamily…..

“Me too,” Buffy murmured softly into his slick neck. “I feel like I’m home…..at last.”




*At Last * by Etta James


‘At last
My love has come along
My lonely days are over
And life is like a song

Ooh yea, yea,
At last
The skies above are blue
My heart was wrapped up in clover
The night I looked at you

I found a dream
That I could speak to
A dream that I can call my own
I found a thrill
To press my cheek to
A thrill that I have never known

Oooh yea…

You smile
You smile
Oh and then the spell was cast
And here we are in heaven
For you are mine at last’


A/N: Ahhhggg! Another sappy sex scene by spufette! Oh well, I do try!

The next chapter will probably be entitled ‘Home Is Where The Heart Is’ and I think it gives you a pretty good idea of what it will be about.

Thank you for reading and please review…spuf