Sunday morning, Buffy woke before William and lay there, watching him sleep, thinking him to look like a little boy when he slept. Definite contrast to the man he very much was. She wanted to reach out and trace his face with her finger, feel how soft she knew his skin was and smile as he woke up under her touch. She found joy in the simple act of reaching out touching him; the smile it would elicit could light up a Yule log. Her favorite was touching his face and the way he would nuzzle into her palm, his eyes closing and a soft smile playing across his gorgeous face.

Was that love? she wondered. Is that what she felt for him? He’d said it after he came, but . . .could that be something she could take as truth or something in the heat of the moment?

He had said that he was falling at one time...though he’d also said that he’d only claimed to be ‘falling’ in order to not frighten her. But, how did he know? How did he know it was love and not just lust he felt for her?

Well Buffy, she thought, he’s had enough experience. He is thirty-five and has been around. So, is it from him you’re looking for clarification or for yourself?
The phrase ‘young piece of ass’ kept flashing in her head and she tamped it down. William would be appalled to hear her think that.

She gazed at him, propping an arm up and resting her head on her hand. Like this, he was peaceful and not at all overwhelming. Scratch that. He was still overwhelming, but not the same kind of overwhelming. When he was awake, his focus was so intently on her his outbursts of emotion and possessiveness left her breathless and feeling as if the Earth were moving right from under her feet. When he was like this, sleeping, he warmed her heart, made her want to wrap herself around him and never let go. Sounds like love, the voice in her head said.

She watched him start to wake, a smile slowly curving her lips. He stretched and yawned and reached for her immediately. Giggling to herself she glided out of reach and covered her mouth to stifle a laugh when his eyebrows furrowed and he growled, his eyes snapping open. She laughed airily and he grabbed her, hauling her to him.

“What are you up to?” he asked, his voice still thick with sleep.

“Just watching you,” she said, nestling against him, and pressing a kiss to his bare chest. Wrapped up together like this she felt safe and warm; and loved.

“Oh?”

“You’re always awake before me,” she told him. “Now it was my turn.”

“Did you sleep well?”

“Mmmm.”

“I could get used to this, you know,” he murmured, gliding a hand down her back.

“Used to--?”

“”Waking up with you here. I feel like the whole week is just a build up to when I can have you here with me,” he explained, ghosting a kiss across her forehead. “I think I already am used to this.”

She wasn’t sure how to respond to that. “I –I, uh, have to go home early today.”

He pulled back, studying her and frowning, “Why?”

“I have to study, Will.”

“Why don’t you ever bring your homework here, luv? You can study here as well as at home you know.”

She smirked, “Yeah, I’m sure I’d get lots of studying done here.”

He feigned indignation. “What are you trying to say?”

“That you’re very distracting, William.”

He grinned rakishly and leaned in, catching her bottom lip in his mouth and nibbling on it before engaging her in a kiss. He toppled her so that she was on her back with his erection cradled between her thighs. A gasp escaped her and she thought; lust.

He rubbed himself against her as he kissed her languidly and she felt that certain wetness begin to escape her labia. It was amazing to her that he could so effortlessly evoke that response to her. Lust for wanting him, but . . . love for it only being him? She wondered.

Swiftly, he reached over and grabbed a condom, tearing open the package and sat back to sheath himself. She watched him hungrily and reached out, helping him encase himself, stroking his shaft. He moaned, “Fuck, Buffy.” He lunged back on her and then rolled so that she was on top this time. Her eyes widened as she looked down at him. “Will?” she said uncertainly.

“I want you to ride me, Buffy,” he told her huskily, cupping her bottom.

“I don’t—“

He lifted her then and she braced herself on his chest. She felt the tip of him at her entrance and her eyes closed and she lowered herself on him with his help. A groan escaped them both when she was fully seated on him.

“Oh fuck, yes, baby,” he breathed. “Look at me, Buffy.”

Her eyes shot open and met his, his eyes dark with passion and a tenderness she was beginning to see more and more of – and not just when they were like this.

“Lift up . . . “he instructed her and she did, then slammed back down. When she did, her clit rubbed against his shaft causing shocks of pleasure to course through her. He grinned, “You liked that.”

She nodded and adjusted herself so that she wasn’t resting her weight on his chest and instead sat up on him and used her legs to guide and maneuver herself over him. It took a minute, but soon a rhythm was established and Buffy was able to make it so that each stroke in caused him to rub her clit. And then soon, she was moving faster and faster as she raced to her completion, William following behind.

“Buffy, God, yes, you feel so good . . . love being inside you . . . oh fuck, Buffy. Fuck me . . . fuck me hard. . . that’s it baby . . . “ he babbled and reared up so that he could suckle on her breasts. She grasped him to her as she rode him, getting closer . . . closer. . .

“I love you, Buffy, I love you so much . . . “ he murmured. “Can’t . . .get . . . enough of you. . .”

His words skimmed by her, noting them, but not processing them. Her body was reaching for its release and all else seemed to slide by.

“William!” she called and sobbed her release, feeling she was going to black out from the intense pleasure coursing through her.

“Fuck!” he roared and she knew he was coming. Holding on to him tightly, she let him take control from then on. He moved them so she lay, boneless, on top of him.

“God, I think you’re going to kill me,” she murmured against his slightly slick chest.

“I think it’s the other way around, baby,” he countered, rubbing soothing circles on her back. “Need a nap now, sweetheart?”

She nodded, her eyes fluttering shut. He rolled them to their sides and slid out of her. “I’ll be right back.”

“Come back,” she protested, missing his warmth and touch.

“I’ll always be here,” he whispered.


The following day at work Buffy was in especially good spirits. She’d gotten an exam back that day that she’d been especially nervous about and aced it. She couldn’t wait to tell William. Entering the office, she smiled at Harmony and was caught off guard when Harmony smiled back and asked, “How was your weekend, Buffy?”

It was in the way she said it that gave Buffy pause. As if she knew something and wasn’t just making idle conversation—something Harmony never did to begin with anyway.

“Fine,” Buffy said slowly, “Why do you ask?”

Harmony shrugged, smiling knowingly and was literally saved by the bell as the phone rang. Making her way down the hall she pondered what Harmony was up to when she ran into William who was looking grim.

“I tried calling you,” William said.

“I left my cell at home,” Buffy said, “What’s going on?”

“Your father has requested our presence.”

Buffy’s eyes widened, “What?”

“He called me this afternoon and snarled at me that when you got here, we were to go see him.”

“I don’t want to,” Buffy said, shaking her head.

“Buffy, we have to. He knows, somehow and we have to face it.”

She shook her head, “I don’t want to face it. The whole reason we agreed to keep it secret was so we didn’t have to face it. He’s going to have my head.”

“More like mine,” William muttered. “I tried to go talk to him, he refused to see me. Not wanting to make a scene, I let it go.”

“This is it. This is the end.”

Grabbing her arm and dragging her into the men’s bathroom, William shut the door and practically shook her. “You listen to me. This is not over. This is not the end. Your father cannot break us up. You’re an adult now Buffy and you can see whomever you want. He’s not angry with you, he’s angry at me. You’re his little girl after all. Just let me talk to him.”

“Will—“

“Please?”

She sighed, “Fine.”

She very nearly felt as if she were walking to the guillotine as her and William made their way down to Hank’s office on the floor below. William held her and kissed her on the elevator ride down, murmuring that it would be all right. Buffy didn’t feel it would be all right at all. She knew her father’s volatile temper. Especially when it came to her and her future.

The receptionist announced them and William held her hand as they walked down to Hank’s office and Darth Vadar’s theme song started playing in Buffy’s mind with every step.

The door opened as they approached it and Hank stood aside, his face red with anger. He shut the door, nearly slamming it behind them once they were safely ensconced inside. Buffy jumped at the sound and let go of William’s hand just after he gave it a squeeze.

“So, you’re skirt chasing my daughter,” Hank blurted out. Apparently, he’d been waiting all day for this and was chomping at the bit with it. He was tremblingwith anger and Buffy started at the knowledge.

“Hank—“ William started.

”Shut up,” Hank snapped and went to his desk where he extracted a manila envelope that’d been torn open at the top. He pulled out what appeared to be photo’s and slapped them onto his desk.

Coming closer, Buffy gasped when she saw that they were photo’s of her and Will. They were pictures of them out around the city, shopping, talking, laughing, and having lunch. They were even some of them from that very weekend at the club William had taken her to.

“How did --?” she whispered, feeling dazed.

“I got them in the mail this morning,” Hank explained. “With no return address.”

“I don’t understand—“ Buffy murmured, rifling through them. “Who could have done this? Why?”

“You’re not working there anymore,” Hank said finally.

Buffy’s head snapped up, “What?”

“You’re not working there anymore, Buffy,” he repeated. “And you’re not to see William anymore, you understand me?”

“Dad—“

“You get me?”

“Dad—“

“Hank, be reasonable. I know you’re upset, but it’s not Buffy you’re upset with, it’s me,” William tried calmly.

“You know what I think of you and your opinions at this moment William? They’re complete shit! My best friend after all these years has been taking up with my little girl – she’s fifteen fucking years younger than you! What the hell are you thinking?” Hank was shouting, red-faced, and the vein in his forehead looked about ready to pop. “You’re skirt chasing my little girl!”

“I am notskirt chasing your little girl! I love her.”

Hank laughed bitterly,” Of course you do. Any man at your age would fancy himself in love with a twenty year old. Especially when he’s getting a piece.”

“You shut your gob,” William snapped angrily. “Don’t talk about your daughter like that.”

“Buffy, you’re coming to work for me,” Hank said, ignoring him.

“I don’t even work for William anymore Dad, I work for Wesley,” Buffy said calmly.

“You’re not staying there Elizabeth, now get your things!” Hank yelled.

“Dad, please, calm down, you’re not looking too good right now—“

“Do you want Wesley and that whole damn office to know about what you’ve been carrying on and doing there?” Hank continued, ignoring her, and then turned to William. “Do you want everyone to know? You think they’d take kindly to know their partner is carrying on with the secretary? That he’s thinking with his dick rather than using the brain God gave him?”

“Hank, I mean it, shut the fuck up,” William said through clenched teeth.

“And don’t think at this point I’d take pleasure at dragging you through the mud because I’m so spitting angry, I would do it! Buffy, get your things and come down here, now!” Hank shouted, turning to Buffy.

“Daddy, I’ll do it, just calm down, you’re scaring me.” Something was not right about him. She’d seen him angry before, quite angry, but something was off about him. He looked like a time bomb ready to go off.

“You only ‘daddy’ me when you want something,” Hank snarled.

“Hank, stop it!” William exclaimed, “Just calm down—“

“Don’t tell me to – “ he broke off, clutching his heart and gasping for air.

“Daddy!” Buffy shouted and rushed to him.

“Hank!” William went to him just as Hank fell to the floor, clutching at his heart. “I’m calling 9-1-1.”

Hank lay there, unconscious in Buffy’s arms and she cried over him, begging him wake up and tell her that he was okay.