Author's Chapter Notes:
Well, I have to say, I'm really sad to see this story go. I am going to miss writing it. You never know, there could be a sequel to it because I just loved these characters so much and feel there could still be a story in them. Meantime, I will try to do my best on the others and you wouldn't hate me too much if another new story popped up, would you?

Thank you so much everyone for you support and feedback on this story. Means a lot to me.
Epilogue


One year later

"Look at them," Buffy whispered to William; leaning into him slightly at the table they were sharing with Wesley, Angel and Angel's wife Cordelia.

"Look at who, luv? Angel and Cordy? I've had to look at them all night. They make me want to heave."

Buffy giggled. "No the other couple in the room that might make you want to heave."

"Aside from us?"

"Surprisingly."

William followed Buffy's gaze to Hank and Joyce on the dance floor, heads bent and bodies pressed together. They were in their own little world as they swayed to the music. They were beaming with joy, the love they felt for each other radiating off them. That's going to be Buffy and I one day, William thought. He looked over at her, the dreamy expression on her face and smiled lovingly at her.

"You did a great job on their anniversary party, luv," he told her.

She grinned and sat back, "Thanks. You helped you know."

He quirked a brow, "If helping meant you chose the opposite of everything I picked out-which you asked my opinion on everything from the bloody decorations to the DJ - then, yeah, I guess I helped."

Buffy laughed and Cordy, having overheard, laughed too. The brunette leaned forward, "I do it too," she assured Buffy. "Drives Angel batty."

Angel and William exchanged knowing glances and Wesley stood. "Elizabeth-"

"Wes, you can call me Buffy now."

Wesley continued on, her comment whizzing right by him, "It has been a wonderful party, but I must get home to the Misses and our little tot."

Buffy grinned, "How many times have you called home tonight to check up on them?" she teased.

Wesley's eyes sparkled with humor though his expression was serious, "Every half hour for the past two hours. Fred is fine and sends her best by the way. Apparently little Aaron ate and has been napping since."

Cordy nodded, "That's what they do when their two weeks old. Sleep constantly. Thankfully our Liam is out of that stage."

Angel snorted, his arm draped across his wife's chair, "Thankfully? He's a toddler, Cordy, he used the walls as a coloring book the other day. Remember how you called screaming at me to get home to talk to 'my son'?"

Cordy shrugged, "I got over it."


Angel shook his head and chuckled to himself. He looked up at Wesley, "Enjoy the quiet now."

Cordy slapped him playfully, "Don't scare him. He looks as white as a sheet!" she admonished her husband, gesturing towards Wesley.

Wesley did indeed look nervous and cleared his throat, "Well then. I shall be on my way to enjoy the quiet now."

The table laughed and William called out, "Tell the wife we said hello!"

Buffy moved so that she was closer to William and he draped an arm across her shoulders and leaned in to whisper in her ear. "You ready to go, luv?"

She nodded, "I think so. You?"

"Yeah, I think they've got it all from here."

Buffy nodded and smiled, kissing his cheek.

"Do you want to say goodbye to them?" he asked, meaning her parents.

"No, look at them. They're in their own little world. I don't want to take them out of that."

William grinned and stood, taking her hand and helping her up along the way. "It just dawned on me that I haven't danced with my girl much tonight."

"You can make it up to me at home."

"The Ramone's have done some great -"

"Don't even think about it, mister."

After wrapping her soft pink shawl about her shoulders, William and Buffy bid Angel and Cordy a good night and made their way home. Home being William's penthouse.

William had asked Buffy to move in as soon as the fall semester was over, and Buffy had readily agreed. It made sense since they'd spent barely a night apart since she'd confessed her love for him. She embraced their relationship with both arms and hadn't once looked back. William was amazed by how easily he could say things such as 'marriage' and 'kids' and 'forever' in front of her in regards to their future and she didn't even bat an eye. He knew she knew he did it to test her, to see if she'd flinch or coil back; his own insecurities at times getting the best of him, but she never did.

The only thing she had put up a fuss about was helping him pay for his penthouse. He told her he had it covered, but she stomped her foot and didn't budge until he worked out a deal with her. Since she was still in school and only working part time, the deal was she'd pay for groceries and over the summer when she picked up more hours; she could help him pay some of the utilities.

He'd had to discipline himself to let her do her studies and not try to distract her. It was tempting, but she'd admonished him that since she'd changed her studies slightly, he needed to give her space. She was still in law, however, she put the focus on criminal law and gathered up a minor in criminal psychology. On those nights when she was busy studying, he'd take a walk, or watch TV until she could join him.

He watched her as she settled in his car, letting out a kittenish sigh, and he smiled to himself. Tonight was the night, he thought.

He was going to propose.

He was nervous and yet excited. He knew in his heart that Buffy was going to say yes. His nerves however, weren't convinced. He was careful to make sure she never suspected as his girl was proving to be quite the detective. When he tried to plan her surprise 21st birthday party, she'd become suspicious of his secretive behavior and investigated until she'd discovered what he was up to. He'd been crushed at first to find out she was on to him, but she felt so guilty about it, he didn't give her too much of a hard time about it.

But this, she had no idea. He made sure of it. Knowing his girl was not heavy into jewelry, he'd chosen a simple ring with a small diamond. One thing was for sure, his girl wasn't going to be singing "Diamonds Are A Girl's Best Friend's" and demanding Tiffany's anytime soon. Nope, little things made her happy. It worked out well since little things made him happy as well. He was perfectly content to come home with her and cuddle up on the couch reading books together or just sitting and talking while rubbing her feet.

She still went out with her friends and had girl's nights and even had them over from time to time to entertain. William didn't mind. As it turned out, he really did like Willow and Anya. Faith, well, he could do without most days, but the girl had started getting softer. Buffy said it was because she was seeing through them that healthy relationships were possible and that they weren't going through a phase, they truly did love each other.

William watched her as she changed and he made it as far as taking off his dress shirt and wife beater. She had changed into the soft rose colored satin Capri pajama bottoms and matching Cami before going to the bathroom and closing the door behind her. He chuckled to himself. She made it clear to him the day he’d come in while she was on the can tinkling that he was never to come in the bathroom while she was on the toilet under any circumstances. She’d been positively horrified. He’d explained he was well aware of the business that took place in a bathroom and she didn’t want to hear it. She did, however, let him come in the bathroom to pee while she was in the shower and then she would chatter on loudly, not wanting to hear him actually pee. He liked to sometimes play with her and not respond to her ramblings. Then he’d dutifully laugh when he got a shouted “Spike!” or “William!”

Going to the closet, he went to his boots in the back and slid his hand inside, grabbed the velvet box, and extracted it. When he heard her coming, he shoved it in his pocket and watched her as she padded to the bureau with the mirror and grabbed an elastic, pulling her hair back in a pony tail.

“I don’t know why I didn’t do this first before washing my face. Now my hair’s all— Will?”

He came up behind her, taking the box out of his pocket and hid it in his fist as he wrapped his arms around her.

“Will? You okay?”

He nuzzled her neck and then whispered in her ear, “I love you.”

She smiled, “I love you too.”

Moving his hand he held it out before her and flipped the box open. “Marry me.”

She gasped, and looking in the mirror, he could see her eyes welling up in tears. She stared at the box, not moving, her mouth in a perfect ‘O’.

“Say something,” he urged on a whisper.

“Oh my God.”

“Is that a good ‘oh my god’ or a bad—“

“It’s . . . wow, it’s so beautiful! How did you do this without me knowing?”

He laughed. “Say it. Say you’ll marry me. Be my wife and stay with me. Forever.”

She turned in his arms and wrapped her arms around his neck and kissed him thoroughly. “Yes, I’ll marry you. I’ll be your wife and stay with you—“

She never got to finish just that one word because his lips were on hers and then, tossing the box onto the bureau, he maneuvered her to the bed.

It was at least a couple hours until Buffy actually got to put the ring on.