Mary Perk, Shelly, Elisabeth Anne Summers, Sharon, THANK YOUUUU !!



Well what can I say about this chapter? First of all, it will be divided in three parts that symbolize the three ‘break-ups’. From the boys’ POV it will be kind of fun due to some mistakes, misunderstanding and awkward situations… but from the girls’ POV it will be pretty angst, but since they are fake couples.. it can’t be called proper angst.. can it?


Chapter VIII: Multiple Break-Up

The sun had already set for a while and among tons of cigarettes, Spike was waiting for the other two to come.
Around 11 p.m. Xander showed up with a showy black eye plus some bruises that were already healing.

“What happened to you, Whelp?”
“Well, you know, I found a very nice crypt just in time, I slept until sunset and then I decided to go to Willie’s as you always do.. damn my decision! I was drinking, when a bunch of demons teased me, calling me ‘the traitor Slayer-Layer’ and then they started punching me and beating me down. I managed to escape soon and I guess that they’ll still be beating each other down thinking that it’s me! So.. ouch.. is this your ordinary existence?” Xander asked him, massaging his black eye with his hand and enjoying the cold.
“Yep, pretty much, but it’s gonna change for all of us!” Spike confirmed. “Anyway, I really gotta begin training you, you can’t act like a coward, not when you wear my name out!” he added as they both saw Angel coming from afar.

“About time, too, Peaches!” Spike snapped.
“Sorry, but you know.. I was enjoying my humanity. I went outside, took a walk into sunlight, all day long, and then, when I came back home at sunset, I fell asleep on my couch. Me, sleeping at sunset, can you believe that?” he exulted. “Anyway, when I woke up I rushed here!” he added.


“Ok, so, before I go, do you want to tell me something particular about your girl, in order to break up with her good and proper?” Spike questioned him.
“Yes, if you make her leave you, her pride will be safe, so I hope she‘ll suffer less. Plus, she doesn’t like nicknames very much, except for ‘baby’ or ‘honey’, so try to avoid your usual stuff with her!” Angel advised him.
“Ok, I’ll do. Now, give me your car key!” the blond exhorted him.
“What?”
“Hello? I can’t drive my DeSoto anymore. Buffy already made a fuss about that! So, you gotta give me your car, from now on. You’ll have the Whelp’s one and he will get.. *mine*!” Spike gulped down heavily. ”Scratch her.. and I’ll scratch your heart.. with a stake!” he threatened him, giving him the car key.
“I’d rather walk for a mile than use that.. thing!” Xander snapped, putting the key in his pocket as he gave the ones of his car to Angel.
Spike just growled at him, more pissed off than before.

Before changing their cars, the bleached blond had had the good idea of taking the paper with Buffy’s scribble and put it inside the pocket of his red shirt. Yeah, because, although they had switched their roles, their outfit was something that they all couldn’t give up to. And since Angel and Spike’s leather coats were pretty similar, Spike had kept his one, there’s always a limit for everything!

“Well, so now I’m supposed to go break up with Enya..” Angel mumbled.
“It’s *Anya *! And you have no idea about how sensible she is about her name, so , please, keep in mind!” Xander warned him.
“Well, it’s a difficult name to remember..” Angel justified, leaving.

“It’s not that I asked him to call her with her full name. I can tell that Anya Christina Emanuella Jenkins is kinda difficult to keep in mind, but not just.. Anya!” Xander thought out loud, before heading towards the main graveyard, where he was sure that he would meet Buffy.

< Gee, I forgot asking Spike.. how does he always call Buffy? I just know that it’s a small animal, but I don’t remember which one.. whatever, I’ll recall it soon or later!> he thought on his way.


********************* (In the meantime)

Once he reached his destination, after taking a long breath that now he needed for real, Angel decided to knock on Anya’s door. As soon as the girl opened the door, it took just and only one second for Anya to pass from resignation, to surprise, to happyness, to anger.

“Do you have the slightest idea about what you put me through?” she snapped.
“Sorry, I didn’t mean to make you worry..” he attempted to justify.
“Well if you didn’t, you shouldn’t’ have done that, because disappearing for almost a whole week makes people who care about you worry and a lot!” she struck back, as he got in without needing any invitation, and that was something that he hadn’t been allowed to do for more than two centuries.

“Anyway, I’m glad that you’re back!” she admitted with a soft smile.
“You should better wait for me to talk, before saying that you are happy..” Angel warned her.
“Why?” she narrowed her eyes.
“Because it’s not a good news. I’ve been thinking a lot and I realized that we are not meant to be together!” he explained.
“WHAT?” she rumbled.

“Ok, now you’re human, but that’s not enough, you were a demon and that make us too different.. “ he went on, knowing that that kind of speech was utterly useless.
“This is just a bunch of lame excuses, you never minded about that!” she made him notice.
“Ok, you’re right, it was an excuse. But I don’t want to stay with you anymore, because.. you can have better, you deserve better, I’m just a human without any big ability, I can’t protect you the way you want, the way you need..” he went on, having the certainty that he was pushing the right buttons this time.

“But that’s not so important…” she protested.
“You know that you’re lying and even if I believed you and we came back together it would last only for a bunch of days and then we would end up breaking up once again due to the same reason. Look at me and tell me if I’m wrong!” he challenged her.
Anya faced his look, but then she lowered her gaze.

“You’re right, but to argue is not so bad. After all every couple does, it just makes sex better once they make up!” she struck back.
Angel looked at her stunned, he had never met such a frank girl.


“Uh, well.. not that kind of argue. It’s about a too important matter. I guess you need someone else, someone stronger who can give you safety.. I don’t know.. someone like Spike!” he suggested her with nonchalance.
“Are you drunk? Why just Spike? And mostly.. why do you want to dump me out of the blue?” she snapped.

“Spike was just a casual example. And anyway, I’m not dumping you, I want us to break up together, without any disappointment or regrets. After all, we have not such an important relationship, so..”
“No serious relationship? Xander, we’ve been together for * more than three years *, so does it mean anything to you?” she barked.

< Gee, Angel, you’re an idiot! Xander had even talked about an engagement ring. They do have a serious relationship.. how did that come out of my mouth?> the former vampire scolded himself.

“No, wait, I’m sorry, maybe I chose the wrong words to say what I wanted to say, Anne..” he apologized, but he just put himself into a bigger trouble.
“You confused my name with another one. So, there’s another girl, confess.. you, you cheater!” she accused him, but then she came to another important conclusion. “Wait a minute, Anne is Buffy’s middle name! So according to a man called Sigmund Freud .. you’re thinking of her right now!” she snapped, furiously.

“Why do you all people keep thinking that?” Angel snorted forgetting whom she believed he was.
“What does it mean that I’m not the only one who thinks that? So, it’s true. You want to leave me for her..” she figured out, enraged.
“No, Anya, please, calm down. There’s a misunderstanding, I don’t want to stay with her..”
He had remembered her name, but it was too late.

“But you don’t want to stay with me, either and I don’t want to stay with you, I don’t wanna even see you anymore. Go away, you.. nothing but a heartbreaker !” she yelled at him, starting to throw at him all the stuff that came in hand, from a plate, to a vase, to a lamp, as he avoided every object with unbelievable agility, approaching to the exit.

“If you don’t want to see me anymore, I guess you’ll be glad to know that I’m moving to Los Angel to help Angel and his agency..” he warned her, before running away as fast as possible, before finding out how painful a phone smashed on his human head could be.

(End I)

In the next part Xander will ‘break up’ with Buffy.. are you ready?

I hope you’ll till like it