Maryperk, shelly, Sharon, Elisabeth Anne Summers, thank youuuu so much!!

See? This time I’ve been pretty fast, and you just have to thank my wonderful Mari for that, since she has been a flash to beta this chapter for me!




Multiple Break-Up (II)

********************** (In the meantime)

Xander had already been at the graveyard for a while, but he hadn’t seen Buffy yet, although he knew that she was there for sure, because he could feel her presence.

“Well, well, we’re finally alone!” Buffy appeared at his back, surprising and making him jolt.

“Gee, Spike, you’re getting sloppy!” she made fun of him, and then she looked at him better, chuckling. “Confess, did you have trouble with your laundry again?” she teased him, pointing at his bright yellow Hawaiian shirt.

“Ha, ha, Miss Funny! Anyway, no, no mistakes, I’m wearing it on purpose!” he pointed out.

“Why? Did you lose a bet?” she struck back, as she kept chuckling.

His growled at her, insulted.

“I was sick of my usual clothes and I happen to like Xander’s style, that guy really knows how to dress... although it seems that I’m the only one who’s noticed that!” he responded. “Anyway, you’re not here just to talk about my clothes, are you... puppy?” he added immediately after.

“Right...” she said, a little bit confused with the new nickname he’d called her with.

< Gee, it seems that wasn’t the right nickname!> Xander thought.

“Actually I’m glad I found you here. You know, lately your crypt seems to be a little too crowded for my taste...” she rolled her eyes.

“Huh?” he looked at her perplexed.

“Angel!” she clarified.

“Sure, of course, Angel... well, you know, he’s acting almost as if the crypt was his, that’s why I gave it to him and I went out to find a new one for me.”

“And did you find it?” she asked curious.

“Yes, I did.”

“So, can we go there now, hmm?” the blonde suggested, but she was astonished when she saw him shake his head.

“It’s not that easy, doggy,” he told her, cursing himself for picking up the wrong nickname again, judging by the daggers she was throwing at him with her eyes.

“I mean, you know... I haven’t forgotten what you said to me the last time we were together...” he went on.

< And it’s not an easy thing to do, since I didn’t even ever listen to that speech, but I can imagine how it went, at least I hope I do...> the brunette thought.

“Well, I knoe what I said, but I didn’t really mean it. Plus, now you’re back and I’m drawn to you once again, damn your sinister attraction!” she murmured, approaching him dangerously.

“You are... you are kidding, right?” he grumbled, backing off cautiously.

“What do you think?” she struck back languidly, passing the tip of her tongue over her upper lip and dragging him towards her body by grabbing him by the lapel of his shirt. But before she could kiss him, he promptly put his hand over her mouth.


< Note to self: after a patrol night, Buffy seems to get extremely lustful, so I’d better keep my distance!> he thought, backing off again.

“No, bird, you meant everything that you said and you were right, we can’t be together, we belong to two very different worlds. Plus, I don’t have a soul, so I’m evil and that’s not right for you...”

Buffy snapped off her ‘sensual temptress’ mode and resumed being her same old self.

“What? You never surrender and now you’re giving up so easily, without even trying one last time? That’s not the Spike I know!” she exclaimed.

“And I couldn’t agree more, wolf-cub!” he confirmed.

< Gee, it wasn’t that one either! What the hell does he always call her? I give up, I’ll just stick to ‘Buffy’ or ‘baby’ and stuff like that!> he decided, rolling his eyes.

All of the sudden a suspicion hit Buffy.

“It’s because of Angel, isn’t it?” she wondered.

“What? If you’re hinting about our wild, wild past, I already told you that...”

“Eewww, no, not * that*, I meant the fact that he’s here, he stayed with you for a while, so maybe he must have brainwashed you, warning you about leaving me for my own good and damned stuff like that!” she figured out.

“Huh! Well, yes and no. I mean, yes, it’s about Angel, but no, he told me nothing. I finally realized that he and you are meant to be together; because he’s the right guy for you, because he has his soul. And I can’t do anything about that, so I’ll just give up and... let you free,” he explained.

Buffy looked at him icily.

“You’re just like all the others!” she hissed. “You know, my Watcher, my friends, everyone always tries to push me into what they think is the right direction. They tell me what I should do and what I shouldn’t. You were the only one who didn’t do that, the only one who didn’t suffocate me, the only one who put the fire back in me. But now I realize that it was nothing more than an illusion, a big illusion that lasted for some years,” she went on, with teary eyes.

Xander realized that he had to change tactics and soon.

“Oh, please, don’t you even dare to cry now; it would be such a sissy thing to do! What did you expected from me? I’m a demon, I have no feelings, I just tried to, but it didn’t work. What the hell was I thinking then? Me, the Big Bad with a Slayer? It couldn’t last and I’m sick of ruining my reputation! Anyway, it was very good while it lasted and we had fun together, but now it’s over. We can still be friends... or mortal enemies, whatever you like!” he said, as cockily as he could.

“You... you tricked me. You fooled me! I hate you and this time I swear that it’s really fucking over! Go find a demon girl to have some fun with, I just couldn’t care less. But you better stay the hell away from me!” she snapped, and Xander followed her advice, running away resorting to his super natural speed, before experiencing how painful and mostly lethal a stake plunged into his unbetaing heart could be.

(End II)

And now it’s Spike and Cordy’s turn... are you ready? ;)

I hope you’ll like it..