maryperk, shelly, Elisabeth Anne Summers, Sharon, Chloe ( tesoooorrra, abbi pazienza, ora la aggiorno pure in italaino! ; ) ) thank you soo much!!! sorry for late!!

here's the new part:

Chapter IX: Broken Hearts (Lyrics from ‘Scattered’ by the amazing Green Day, who are practically equal the Good Charlotte as my inspiration muses, lol!)

2 DAYS LATER

As soon as Spike returned to Sunnydale and after mowing down the Welcome to Sunnydale sign (no matter if the car was different, its owner habits weren’t different at all!), he met the others at Angel’s flat.

“So, how did it go?” the blond asked them.

“Well, I dealt with Buffy, so now she hates you, are you happy?” Xander exclaimed.

“Wait a minute. Do you mean that now she hates me... as Spike... or as Angel?” Spike wondered as tons of doubts assaulted him.

“Uh, sorry, I meant you as Spike... gee, this whole thing is driving me crazy!” the brunette vampire grumbled.

“Me, too!” Spike and Angel replied at unison.

“Well, I talked with Anya... and... well, Xander, if you need some clothes or anything else, you’ll probably find them next your house. When I left, I turned one last time and I saw Anya from afar as she was throwing all your stuff down the road. So, I guess that they must still be there,” Angel informed him.

“And I talked with Cordelia. She doesn’t want to see you anymore. Truth is that I didn’t remember that I was playing you, so I talked way too much... and now she is sure that the break up has to do with the fact that you still love Buffy,” Spike related.

“Oh no! She’ll be thinking that her doubts were right. Anyway, *I * asked you to break up with her and you did, it doesn’t matter how anymore,” Angel replied. “By the way, Xander, I called your girl with a wrong name and that name just happened to be Anne. Anya knows that it’s Buffy’s middle name, so she is also sure that you left her because you want to be with Buffy.”

“Crap! Whatever. On the other hand, Buffy is sure that you were just playing with her and her feelings for so long,” Xander told Spike.

“My poor pet...” the peroxide blond said.

“Pet, that’s it!” Xander exclaimed.

“Why? How did you call her?” Spike wondered.

“Anything but that,” the other vampire explained. “Anyway, Spike, are you sure that you and Buffy have problems? I mean, when I met her at the graveyard... she almost jumped my bones!” the brunette confessed.

“The only reason why I’m not killing you for saying that is that she actually thinks that you are me!” Spike growled against him.

“Anyway, believe me, we have problems. And what you saw yesterday was lustful Buffy after a good and satisfying patrol. She acts in a ‘I want you so bad’ way, but trust me, if you fall in her trap, the morning after she’ll scream the hell out of you, calling you a big mistake and running away... sure, that only happens as soon as her legs resume working ...” Spike explained with a malicious and smug smile at the last part. “That can be fun the first time, or the second... or even the tenth time, but now it’s not enough anymore, at least not for me. I don’t want her to look for me just for her nightly bloody dose of wild sex!” Spike grumbled, but then he noticed that the other two were glaring at him.

“Listen, boy, you have Buffy’s former ex-boyfriend and her best friend in front of you, so don’t you think that it’s time to close this topic?” Angel warned him and Xander nodded.

“Fine!” the blond rolled his eyes.

“Anyway, when she dated me, there wasn’t any of this lustful Buffy’s attitude, not even after a good and satisfying patrol. We just held hands, walked and chatted and exchanged some kisses... but nothing more!” Angel grumbled.

“Well, buddy, that was lucky for your soul keeping, back on those days! Anyway, you had the girl, now I have the woman, and she is one hell of a woman, she is the one!” Spike commented. “And she’ll be mine again, no matter what!” he sneered as he lighted up a cigarette.

“Well, guys, now our girls are all alone, upset and they need some comfort. What the bloody hell are we waiting for, then?” the blond incited the others.

Angel’s only answer was saying good bye, as he jumped on Xander’s car and headed towards Los Angeles, ready to fix things.

************************** (In the meantime)

WELL I’VE GOT SOME SCATTERED PICTURES LYING ON MY BEDROOM FLOOR
REMIND ME OF THE TIME WE SHARED
MAKE ME WISH THAT YOU WERE THERE

Anya was still inspecting her house, searching for any pictures of Xander that she had missed on her first sweep, to place them on the floor with all the others, just before throwing them on the bonfire she’d made, in order to get rid of those pleasant memories that now had paradoxically become painful ones.

NOW IT SEEMS I’VE FORGOTTEN MY PURPOSE IN THIS LIFE
ALL THE SONGS HAVE BEEN ERASED
GUESS I’VE LEARNED FROM MY MISTAKES

She had been going on like that for two days, since the guy who’d meant so much to her had left home after breaking her heart.

But she was a tough woman, she knew that she would manage to face everything and start over, although in that moment she just felt empty and purposeless.

All of the sudden, she heard someone knock on the door and she went to open, wondering whoever could be.

OPEN THE PAST AND PRESENT NOW AND WE ARE THERE
STORY TO TELL AND I’M LISTENING
OPEN THE PAST AND PRESENT AND THE FUTURE, TOO
IT’S ALL I’VE GOT AND I’M GIVING IT UP TO YOU

******************************* (In the meantime)

LOS ANGELES

Cordelia was making a pretty similar bonfire.

LOOSE ENDS TIED IN KNOTS
LEAVING A LUMP DOWN IN MY THROAT

And her mood was pretty much the same, too; she was still wondering how all her world had came crashing down so quickly, leaving her with just a big urge to cry.

She sat on her bed as she threw in the flames, not just the pictures, because she really had very few of those, since Angel didn’t seem to love the camera very much. But on the few pictures she had, first she cut away the parts where she appeared, only feeding the small fire with the parts of the pictures where the vampire was featured. She had planned on doing that only with the pictures where she looked good... but truthfully there wasn’t a single picture where she didn’t look good.



GAGGING ON A SOUVENIR
LODGED TO FILL ANOTHER YEAR

She burned every single thing that reminded her of him, even if it was the most banal of the tools, even a simple pencil that he had used to draw one of his countless portraits, one of the very few hobbies Angel had.

< The last time I did a bonfire like this was when Xander broke my heart... and now Xander is coming back. Could things go worse than that? > the gorgeous brunette thought upset.


DRAG IT ON AND ON AND ON
UNTIL MY SKIN IS RIPPED TO SHREDS
LEAVING MY SELF OPEN WIDE
LIVING OUT A SACRIFICE

She felt like she’d been knocked down and she just wanted to escape from everyone and everything, but she didn’t know what other job she could do, since she was well aware that her few auditions as model or actress for some advertising companies wouldn’t be enough to pay for the lifestyle she’d grown used to, so she was forced to stay in that building full of memories and go on, living out a sacrifice, comforted just by a conclusion.

< At least, I won’t have to deal with Angel anymore... >

The girl couldn’t even begin to image how wrong she was.

(End part I)


I hope you'll still like it ..